J-Rock bands with good solos?

6 posts  ·  created 2yr ago by amkieran  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    J-Rock bands with good solos?

amkieran
2yr ago
455 jpops
permalink I used to listen to a lot of western rock and metal but over the last few years it's been mainly Japanese stuff and I do prefer it but there's one thing I realised I'm missing - good guitar solos. I mainly listen to alternative/pop rock bands that usually feature in anime, or other band that I'v found on my own, but all them seem to lack long solos, or are very simple, or don't have any at all. So I'm basically looking for hard rock bands with longer (usually 6-7min songs) that have a somewhat long and heavier/fast sounding solos but I don't want anything too heavy with screaming. I just want something simmilar to American Band Avenged Sevenfold's non metalcore albums. They weren't too heavy but the were still hard rock and had somewhat long solos. Maybe something like Guns n Roses? And getting into the heavier side of things but maybe even like Iron Maiden? The sound is good and the vocalists are fine - it would be screaming or vocalists like that of Metallica and Megadeth that I'm not looking for. I know a few Japanese power metal bands that have great solos but it's not the style of music I'm looking for right now.

So could anyone recommend me some Japanese hard rock bands without a rough sounding singer that have good solos in most of their songs?

Thanks!

weebllikespie
2yr ago
711,813 jpops
permalink I would be hard-pressed to find many out there that fit every single criteria because Japanese hard rock isn't typically defined by extensive guitar solos. There are plenty of good Japanese hard rock bands that I know of but they don't employ a lot of guitar solos or have epic long songs.

Most of the ones I know with long guitar solos are ALL power metal because well, epic Dragonforce-like guitar shredding defines power metal per se. And unfortunately a lot of jrock (especially VK) bands have screaming in them.

I will have to go for Luna Sea here as one that best fits the criteria but not many of their songs are 6-7 minutes long... :/

amkieran
2yr ago
455 jpops
permalink Ah well I was just hoping to find some stuff similar the criteria but I'll check out Luna Sea. One of the bands I was planning to check out eventually so I'll do it now thanks!

Nuimee
2yr ago
30,991 jpops
permalink I donĀ“t know the bands you mentioned but when its about good jrock without screams, check out SID. Some of their songs have amazing guitar solos.
Apart from them I can only think of Kiryu now, but...well its not actually screaming but Mahiros voice is really weird

Higiri
2yr ago
58,215 jpops
permalink OwO Anfiel, Megaromania, The black Swan and Nocturnal Bloodlust

jinishuu
2yr ago
14,897 jpops
permalink check out the band D ,they have alot of good guitar solos and asagi has beautiful vocals he doesn't use much screaming.
Versailles have a musical style similar to power metal and they had amazing guitar solos in every song.
you can also check out Mejibray, they have alot of screaming but they have amazing guitar solos that you wouldn't want to miss.
you should also listen to the songs baretta and nausea & shudder by the gazette they have pretty good solos

Back  |  Forums    J-Rock central    J-Rock bands with good solos?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service