How to get someone to talk about themselves more??

4 posts  ·  created 4yr ago by HimeMurasaki  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    How to get someone to talk about themselves more??

HimeMurasaki
4yr ago
3,908 jpops
permalink Me and the guy I like talk a lot but it seems like we always have a hard time coming up with things to talk about. We usually just joke around, or talk about food lol.
A lot of questions I ask him about his childhood, school-life, past vacations, family, etc. he just says "I don't know", "I don't remember" etc.
A friend told me that guys talk about themselves a lot when they like a girl, but if they don't like them, they won't talk about themselves. But is that really true for all guys??

How do you find out more about someone who doesn't seem to like to talk about themselves?
I'd love to hear opinions from guys and girls here!! Thx!

Aurae
4yr ago
1,428 jpops
permalink Hm, I doubt it's true that guys talk about themselves only when they like a girl. That would be to simple minded.

Personally when I wanna know about people's past I just start off with asking, but if they're hesitant like you suggested then I would just have a convo about my own past and stuff. I would just talk about funny stuff that happened when I was younger. Then usually the person would open up themselves and mix in stories about their past to keep the convo going. If the person is still reluctant to talk about it then the only thing left is to just ask like: ''Why don't you ever talk about yourself?"

I know it's pretty straight forward, but since you like the person you have a right to ask xD

HimeMurasaki
4yr ago
3,908 jpops
permalink Lol! True! I'm going to ask him that next time xD
Even when I talk about my past, he still doesn't usually say anything about himself xD

nimiraz
4yr ago
20,874 jpops
permalink I feel like making them feel comfortable is the first thing to getting them to open up. Probably asking more current things versus past things would get you further. Like Aurae said guys don't really talk about themselves. They talk about interests amongst each other. Mostly about youtube videos or something stupid they saw that they can laugh at. I think when you ask personal questions straight off the bat it can sometimes make someone feel uncomfortable. Especially if he's a shy guy.

Try talking about something that interests you and maybe he will mention what he likes and such. Interests are always good way of breaking the ice. Personal stuff can be asked later. :D

Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    How to get someone to talk about themselves more??
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service