Horror anime/manga

162 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by Zuki  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Anime & manga    Horror anime/manga

Zuki
9yr ago
3,251 jpops
permalink I saw and read both the Elfen Lied anime and manga (Awesomeness :RBheart:. I love Lucy. ). Plus I am watching this anime called Higurashi. Anyone else know of any other horror anime or manga?

emokitty17
9yr ago
27 jpops
permalink the manga for One Missed Call.
Its pretty good.

and Jisatsu Circle. Its based off the movie Suicide Club.[edit]Last edit by emokitty17 on Tuesday 06 Jan, 2009 at 02:47 +55.5%[/edit]

bloodroseapple
9yr ago
139 jpops
permalink Doubt is pretty scary... with the rabbit heads.

and so is 7 seeds. i remember vividly this one character who had bug eggs being raised in his body. they slowly ate him alive.. then they climbed up through his face so his face become all distorted... then they jumped out, making his body explode.

high school of the dead is horror. with the zombies and stuff.

and godchild is supposed to be horror too, but its more gothic than horror :)

DokiFox16
5yr ago
1,760 jpops
permalink I agree about Doubt, it's the only horror I've read, but it's good (in a horror-y kind of way) :)

justTOP
8yr ago
1,420 jpops
permalink I think xxxholic even if xxxholic isn't a horor manga but when I read it at the night,I'm really fear :RBcrying: :RBcrying:
and gosht hunt the story is like the title about hunter a gosht but it's more cool thought. :RBhalo:

jkc1096
8yr ago
13,627 jpops
permalink I love horror manga and anime.
Most of my favorites are:
- The Spiral - I don't know I think it is based also on the Ring. The story is pretty familiar but it's filled with pure horror
- Hell Girl - Just search for the girl's website and write down your name and she will help you have your revenge. She will give you a doll. And if you pull the string...the person you had hated will go straight to hell but the part of the deal is when you die you'll also go to hell and you will feel all the pain as well.
- Elfen Lied - it's a gore anime. You'll see lots and lots of blood. Head bursting, body splits in half and other bodies would explode and BLOOD!!!
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - a gore anime. I don't know but there's a certain killer here and it's pretty disturbing
- I can't sleep alone - it's a manga filled with different types of horror stories.
- Jisatsu Circle - a suicide club about a girl named Saya who never dies due to a miracle every time the members of the club tried killing themselves by jumping on top of the building and on the rails of the train. Hmmm. what else? At the end their are certain twists...Saya became Mitsuko of the Suicide Club and her best friend Kyoko was worried about her so she asked the help of a teacher to know what really happened to Saya. Saya became a prostitute for selling her body to earn money and Mitsuko was the name used by the person who is facilitating the Suicide Club. And for the ending part Kyoko agreed to join the Suicide Club and killed themselves by jumping on top of their school building. Really weird. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- Urban Legend Story Hikko - a horror 3d animated film. You better watch it. It really scared the crap of me.
- Blood: The Last Vampire - an amazing animated film.
- Battle Royale
- Cat Soup
- School Mermaid
- High School of the Dead - about zombies taking place in a high school department
- GeGeGe no Kitaro
- Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Sensei No Kaidan - about an english teacher who loves telling horror stories to his students and it ended up talking about a teacher who has a fetish of legs and had somehow killed a student to have the legs. Weird

And many more I can't remember most of them. I just love horror and gore manga/anime.[edit]Last edit by jkc1096 on Friday 23 Apr, 2010 at 02:48 +83.8%[/edit]

MiHaRu0513
8yr ago
1,357 jpops
permalink DOUBT, shiki, and high school of the dead are some freakishly horror anime/mangas^^

fureyakoki
5yr ago
144 jpops
permalink How about Another? It's good anime xD

zxchange
5yr ago
52,814 jpops
permalink Tomie! it's a very creepy & scary manga especially if you read it alone at night >.<

KawaiiChi
5yr ago
6,358 jpops
permalink [i]Elfen Lied Is sick (Not In a good way) The scariest one for me is shin sekai yori It's Scariness Is weird( A VERY good weird but at the same time that's what make you wanna keep going on watching it for. Its not too much blood it's just right at the right moments. It doesnt have to have so much blood to be scary.[/i]

shadowblade330
5yr ago
48,472 jpops
permalink Elfen Lied, Monster, Ayakashi

GreenBanana7th
5yr ago
3,620 jpops
permalink I recommend Ghost Hunt, it's less known but it's amazing! I watched it twice! Plus the voice actor who played Sebastian in Black Butler is also in this!
Soo my list would be ...
Ghost Hunt
Umineki no Naku Kuro Ni (When the Seagulls Cry)
Gantz
Shiki
Another
High School of the Dead.
Blood+
Monster

And for manga ...
Uzumaki
Ghost Hunt

Ampersands
5yr ago
7,522 jpops
permalink Hm....I'd recommend Godchild (though it is more Gothic than Horror), Franken Fran, and Petshop of Horrors. For gorier material I'd say Litchi Hikari Club (just to note Franken Fran is rather gory itself).

Susana
5yr ago
56,075 jpops
permalink Another or Elfen Lied

rainzoe
5yr ago
47,976 jpops
permalink Another
Ghost Hunt

TAEMpole97
5yr ago
131 jpops
permalink ahhhh, for this "Another" is the best :3 ♥

zxchange
5yr ago
52,814 jpops
permalink Blood+
Blood-C

ZivaJona
5yr ago
7,775 jpops
permalink Manga:
- Ao no Fuuin, its not scarry at all
- Battle Royale
- Blood+, but I don't remember it very well anymore
- Bloodhound
- D.Gray-man
- Corpse Party Blood Covered
and so on, I don't think they are all horror, but if you go read them on internet, there writes that the genre is horror.

annyss
5yr ago
379,847 jpops
permalink One Missed Call
Another

Reighle13
5yr ago
17,010 jpops
permalink another?
bizenghast and high school of the dead
try ghost hunt

IzuTaka
4yr ago
10,505 jpops
permalink ~ Another
~ Hell Girl
~ Hellsing
~ Zombie-Loan
~ Deadman Wonderland
~ Blood-C
~ Elfen Lied
~ Tokyo Majin

annyss
4yr ago
379,847 jpops
permalink I like Another, Jigoku Shoujo, Yami No Koe (Ito Junji).

SparkFury
4yr ago
6,980 jpops
permalink I think Death Note is a Horror anime?? I love it anyway :D

yannychan
4yr ago
9,524 jpops
permalink Another
Hell Girl
Zombie Loan

Kyounosuke
4yr ago
1,888 jpops
permalink Another, Blood +, Shiki, Hell Girl, Bio Hunter, Highschool of the Dead, Pupa

RoYaLHeresY
4yr ago
3,888 jpops
permalink Ok I saw my first horor anime was another its quiet bloody but I like it . It was cool & misterios . I ♥D it

MayraTohru
4yr ago
149 jpops
permalink Corpse Party it's short but scary and creepy lol c:

Roppongi
4yr ago
59,814 jpops
permalink Ibitsu by RYOU Haruto.

YOU MUST GIVE IT A TRY, I'M BEGGING YOU!

RoYaLHeresY
4yr ago
3,888 jpops
permalink Another . WoW I did aspect it will b like this . ^^

Topazio
4yr ago
31,857 jpops
permalink it was good,kinda sad at the end :crazy:

VoodooCancan
4yr ago
2,303 jpops
permalink -Uzumaki (manga)
-xxxHOLiC (Doesn't strike me as Horror more like Gothic Mystery or something. But give it a try)
- Ghost Hunt (I haven't seen it myself but really want to check it out)

Topazio
4yr ago
31,857 jpops
permalink there are many, but this one @$%^@ me out, Corpse party.

SprinterXkyrie
4yr ago
816,040 jpops
permalink ohhh...Mirai Nikki was a thrilling one..:))

zefomor
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink xxxHOLiC: Kei

PreciousSmile
4yr ago
31 jpops
permalink Descendants of Darkness

kayaless
4yr ago
8,035 jpops
permalink It's not incredibly scary, but I like Kyuuketsuki Hime Miyu.

SpYHaiR
4yr ago
401 jpops
permalink Nightwalker: The Midnight Detective

zefomor
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink Bokurano

PreciousSmile
4yr ago
31 jpops
permalink Shigurui: Death Frenzy

AmberLove
4yr ago
167 jpops
permalink anime i'm not sure if its horror but attack on titan, blood the last vampire, hellsing,
those are some of my favs i dont watch horror anime often.

KimchiANDKpop
4yr ago
2,848 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

DeviLAngeL
4yr ago
4,729 jpops
permalink Jigoku Sensei Nube

SpYHaiR
4yr ago
401 jpops
permalink Ghost Stories

PreciousSmile
4yr ago
31 jpops
permalink Tokyo Ghoul

sakurah
4yr ago
4 jpops
permalink Hunter × Hunter

ramish
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink Attack on Titan

LuizKaz
4yr ago
28,092 jpops
permalink Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori

SpYHaiR
4yr ago
401 jpops
permalink Shiki anime

zefomor
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink Zombie-Loan

mikah
4yr ago
0 jpops
permalink Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou

Back  |  Forums    Anime & manga    Horror anime/manga
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service