Help out a newbie? Please?

3 posts  ·  created 4yr ago by thefinaltask82  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Requests    Help out a newbie? Please?

thefinaltask82
4yr ago
170 jpops
permalink Hi. I'm Anthony, from New York.

I have a pretty extensive music collection covering a lot of styles, and I'd like to add j-pop to those styles. One issue: I don't really know who's who in it yet, and would like some help with that.

A friend suggested a few artists that I checked out so far, and here are my opinions of each on a scale of * = dislike, ** = ok, *** = would listen again, **** = wow, this is really good, and ***** = in my top 50 favorite musical acts worldwide: Ayumi Hamasaki ***1/2, ("I Am" gets ****1/2), AKB48 **1/2, Ikimono-Gakari ***, Babymetal ****, Sakamoto Maaya ***, Tata Young ***1/2, Kokia on "Pearl" ****, Kokia on "The Voice" *****, Soulja/Thelma Aoyama ***, Yui ****, Yui Horie **1/2, Beni ***, BoA ***1/2, Koda Kumi ***1/2, Hikaru Utada ***

Incidentally, if you guys know Korean music as well, I'd also like some input on that. So far, I've heard just three such acts. Pritz (***), Girls Generation (*), and IU (only heard the Last Fantasy album so far, ***** and is actually the only pop artist currently on my 20 favorite musicians list based on that).

weebllikespie
4yr ago
712,398 jpops
permalink This should be in 'Requests', so I moved the topic there.

thefinaltask82
4yr ago
170 jpops
permalink Thank you for the correction.

Back  |  Forums    Requests    Help out a newbie? Please?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service