Have you ever tried chocolate covered ants?

77 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by classicxbeauty  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Food & drinks    Have you ever tried chocolate covered ants?

classicxbeauty
10yr ago
654 jpops
permalink So, has anyone ever tried them? if you have what is your opionion on them? If you haven't tried them, would you?

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
permalink Oooooh, ineresting question. Well...anything covered in chocolate sounds good to me, even if it is an ant! XD However, if the ant tastes so bad, that the chocolatey-ness is masked out, then I prob wouldn't like them.

Welcome classicxbeauty, btw! :wave:

shanti
10yr ago
32,010 jpops
permalink XD i would try to take the chocolate of the antXD
i wouldnt eat it unless somebody would pay me €1000 :RBstickout:

yasoshlasuma
10yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink I will try it. Only coz its chocolate covered. I have eaten an ant once and it tasted terrible. But it might taste better with chocolate.

BTW
Welcome to JPA classicxbeauty.
Ur gonna love it here.

classicxbeauty
10yr ago
654 jpops
permalink Thanks :D

Well, I heard that they taste like raisins. But I can't seem to get the thought out of my head about the legs...and if they're crunchy.

dilaChan
10yr ago
24,609 jpops
permalink eeewww I wouldn never ever eat them!! although I LOVE chocolate ><

classicxbeauty
10yr ago
654 jpops
Quote by dilaChan
eeewww I wouldn never ever eat them!! although I LOVE chocolate ><

X: Okay :D. So, You wouldn't even eat them....if they tasted really yummmy?
he, what about.....crick suckers or insect chips. [ Those last two i'd really say no to.]

dilaChan
10yr ago
24,609 jpops
permalink i wouldn't either! :D unless I wouldn't know it's ant ><
ew only the idea about eating them is awful :RBcrying:

classicxbeauty
10yr ago
654 jpops
permalink Oh I meant to say cricket* :RBohNo:

Oh well, Maybe one day when I summon enough courage I might try one. Probably on a day i'm sick or something.

DShorty
10yr ago
903 jpops
permalink i've had chocolate covered worms before, they were ok if not a little strange :RBconfused: lol
there are people in the world who eat them without chocolate, so why not? :RBstickout:

juntashin
10yr ago
3,350 jpops
permalink wow realyy minna !!!

classicxbeauty
10yr ago
654 jpops
Quote by DShorty
i've had chocolate covered worms before, they were ok if not a little strange :RBconfused: lol
there are people in the world who eat them without chocolate, so why not? :RBstickout:

True. But that's cool that you tried chocolate covered worms, I don't think I could eat worms.

cutecrazyness
10yr ago
5,731 jpops
permalink nope, but i bet they r yumi u.u
lol
xD

classicxbeauty
10yr ago
654 jpops
permalink haha Ohhh yeahhh, So so yummi. :RBsarcastic: I'm just dying to...oh gosh I can't even finish the sentence. :RBcrying:

yamaMoe
9yr ago
2,059 jpops
permalink ...erm :confused:
i dunno.
i think that would be really gross...
haha i don't like chocolate... and i can't even imagine eating ants!!! haha.... but if i got the chance, i think it'd be a coolio experience :D :giggle:

jedimastersj
9yr ago
5,925 jpops
permalink I haven't ever tried chocolate covered ants, but I would if someone paid me enough.
I think it would be really gross if they were big ants. I think the experience wouldn't be too horrible if the ants were small.

I think if it was normal for the culture in the country I was visiting then I would try it without pay. When in Rome!

lexicona
9yr ago
355 jpops
permalink I heard that ants actually taste really good!
I am vegetarian, so I think I have to count bugs as animals to not be eaten. =)
If it was in the culture to try them, I would though.

jrawkaneko
9yr ago
2,057 jpops
permalink That sounds really disgusting... But if I was in a good mood or something I'd probably try it.

bloodroseapple
9yr ago
139 jpops
permalink i probably wouldn't try it... it depends on the proportion of ant to chocolate though. if the ant was spread out in little pieces all over the chocolate & i couldn't taste it then maybe.

i heard somewhere that for every eight chocolate bars, there's one spider leg somewhere in there. something like that.

i also heard that ants are spicy.. >.> that's probably not true though.

haha well. protein. i had a friend who was paid fourty bucks to eat some spiders. and then the money was stolen from him xD

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink ONE WORD: GROSS.

:sick:

fruitychews
9yr ago
159 jpops
Quote by bloodroseapple
i probably wouldn't try it... it depends on the proportion of ant to chocolate though. if the ant was spread out in little pieces all over the chocolate & i couldn't taste it then maybe.

i heard somewhere that for every eight chocolate bars, there's one spider leg somewhere in there. something like that.

i also heard that ants are spicy.. >.> that's probably not true though.

haha well. protein. i had a friend who was paid fourty bucks to eat some spiders. and then the money was stolen from him xD

:RBohNo: I'll just pretend I didn't read that 'for every eight chocolate bars, there's one spider leg.'

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
Quote by DShorty
i've had chocolate covered worms before, they were ok if not a little strange :RBconfused: lol

eh??????????? i hate worms!!!!!!!!! and i'm really scared of them!!!!!!!!!!

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
permalink not yet......... :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: and i'm not planning to............................ :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

faustian
9yr ago
3,952 jpops
permalink I'll try to get rid most of them ant eat the chocolate, no, the ant.
It's source of protein, though. :D

~of course the chocolate.

LovelessHero
9yr ago
6,083 jpops
permalink When I went to Mexico I had some of these. They're pretty good and they're supposed to boost your immune system.

pichen
9yr ago
107,797 jpops
permalink you meant "The REAL ANTS" ?!!!!! :shock:

ewwwwww... never wanted to try that.. :RBohNo:

and chocolate covered with worms?!!!! :omfg:

GROSS!!! no thanks i hate worms.. even without chocolate :depressed:

emily
9yr ago
2,369 jpops
permalink My uncle was eating them a while ago.....
he says it tastes nice and crunchy

EW

Scathach
9yr ago
632 jpops
permalink i guess that does depend not just on your mood, but on your palate as well. they're... strange for me, to say the least. but somebody was eating fried scorpions and wanted to share.

but i didn't have the guts to try that one. :RBohNo:

and my friends and i had that tequila with the worm thingie in it, and the one who lost our game had to eat the worm. well, it was probably putrid because he paled and we didn't see him for a couple of hours. :RBconfused:

grasshoppers are a little ok, though. but i wouldn't eat them often...

for culture's sake, perhaps, i will. but once is enough, i guess. i'm allergic to some things, and i wouldn't want to be too adventurous. :joops:

amazn12
9yr ago
11,296 jpops
permalink o.O

hmm well...i guess i would like to try...just to see how it tastes like...cuz i am curious haha :RBstickout:

annabanaaana
9yr ago
13,684 jpops
permalink uhhhh im terrified of all bugs so i def would not eat....thinking about it give me creeps

Miki
9yr ago
2,727,456 jpops
permalink I ate ant covered in chocolate. Taste is still the same, just a bit crunchy that's it, but otherwise - good.

VeeVours
9yr ago
58 jpops

i love chocolate but I hate ants so no
but I maybe would try some other bug

elenko94
9yr ago
2,053,962 jpops
permalink lol

my dad ate chocolate covered ants once

he said it didnt taste anything...except chocolate...

i could never eat stuff like that...

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink of course you wouldn't taste the ants, they're so small. and the taste of chocolate will overcome the taste of ants. nevertheless, i wouldn't want to eat chocolate-covered ants because you never know where the ants crawled. it could be the in the soil, the sidewalk, the sink, the garbage can, the toilet, the sewer...

TheThiefKuronue
9yr ago
17,804 jpops
permalink I bet it would taste pretty good, so I'd go for it.
I've had seasoned crickets (they were uber small) and they were awesome.
There were ranch, burger, and teriyaki flavored ones.
The ranch were disgusting as hell, but the other ones were amazing.

SixPackSamurai
9yr ago
1,569 jpops
permalink I would eat it. The chocolate would probably drown out any taste of the ants themselves.

ryanpark
9yr ago
141 jpops
permalink *gags * i can't even imagine me eating an insect

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I have never had chocolate covered ants. I have had chocolate covered crickets. They are a smidge drunchy and you mostly taste the chocolate. I imagine that the ants are the same way. I am not much of a chocolate fan so the chocolate was the thing that I did not like about the snack.

elenko94
9yr ago
2,053,962 jpops
Quote by kai09
of course you wouldn't taste the ants, they're so small. and the taste of chocolate will overcome the taste of ants. nevertheless, i wouldn't want to eat chocolate-covered ants because you never know where the ants crawled. it could be the in the soil, the sidewalk, the sink, the garbage can, the toilet, the sewer...

lol, yeah..but you may want to think it taste..ant..lol
but..yeah..I wouldnt eat it..

acidburn83
9yr ago
1,186 jpops
permalink Gross! I love chocolates, but even if you covered the ants w/ 3 coatings or more of chocolate, I don't think so!!!

Thanks, but no thanks...

NingyoHime
9yr ago
1,720 jpops
permalink nope, havent had them but if people started saying that it was good n stuff

i would have to think about it first. then i would probably try it. cuz you never know until you try! :)

kgirl
9yr ago
6,571 jpops
permalink I don't remember, ut i think that i've had them before. I also think that i liked it. Something like it tasting like chocolate covered nut? i think. oh well. i'll never remember.

xDolli
9yr ago
395 jpops
permalink I haven't tried it, but I have a feeling it would just taste like chocolate.. but be crunchy on the inside. People might say it taste good if they don't know what it is! If they find out... :RBconfused: barf...

wetundertherain
8yr ago
1,558 jpops
permalink Maybe if they got fried and then covered in chocolate, i'd try.

asianlovexx
6yr ago
1,705 jpops
permalink Poor ants!!! :O T_T

Asia1
6yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink Nooo way!

CandyBear
6yr ago
209 jpops
permalink I would try ONE, only if I get paid a lot of money for it. >.<

weebllikespie
6yr ago
711,813 jpops
permalink Tempting because of the chocolate, but no I wouldn't try one >.<

xeus
6yr ago
32,743 jpops
permalink those things are real? never seen any...

i mean, real ants?

1crazy4drama
6yr ago
29,315 jpops
permalink No thank you , no ants for me !!!

Back  |  Forums    Food & drinks    Have you ever tried chocolate covered ants?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service