Harry Potter [Book Series]

125 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by Lhiachan  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Harry Potter [Book Series]

Lhiachan
1decennia ago
1,862 jpops
permalink Come on, everyone loves Harry Potter!!! Unless, of course... you just don't.

I read HP7 in eight hours, and I absolutely LOVED IT. All of my favorite characters died, but I was still happy with the ending.

KSsince1987
1decennia ago
13,815 jpops
permalink omg I loved it. It's my favorite volume. I cried so hard I couldn't read. Can't wait for the movie

MakubeX
1decennia ago
640 jpops
permalink too bad hedwig died...

tenshijanai666
1decennia ago
1,954 jpops
permalink I <33 Hp!!
I didn't read the 6th or 7th book yet but I read some
spoliers or whatever and I wanted to :RBcrying:
hp it the best!!!!

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink I love HP!!!! :RBheart: Esp. Ronald :)
I already read every book!I read the 4th and 5th in turkish and the last in english!Couldn't wait for the german release. :D And yeah the end is soo sad. :RBcrying: But still a happy end. :RBhalo:

tenshijanai666
1decennia ago
1,954 jpops
permalink Have any of you seen the movie??
I own all five!!!
there the best...I can remember all of the lines
for the first movie lol

dilaChan
1decennia ago
24,609 jpops
permalink Yeah!Of course! I've seen them all. :RBhalo:

TierraTechno
1decennia ago
32,021 jpops
permalink Harry Potter is amazing!
I was glad that Hermoine and Ron finally got together!
I own and have read all the books! :)

tenshijanai666
1decennia ago
1,954 jpops
permalink I dont own all of the books yet!!
But I will soon!!
dumbleydor lol
aww he dies (sadd)

Raikiri999Angel
1decennia ago
3,875 jpops
permalink i sold my 4th and 5th harry potter books, but i still have the others, I like the movies alot more than the books :) :RBfrown: :boogie: :boogie:

TwistedFlower
1decennia ago
9,479 jpops

I finished Harry Potter 7 the day it came out! LOL! :laugh: I was sooo totally obsessed! :love: I melloed out now but I still love it and it's my favorite series. :lovec: Harry Potter got me interseted in reading and now I love to read so I owe it alot! :jangel:

Lhiachan
1decennia ago
1,862 jpops
permalink I hated the movies!!! The first and second movies were the best, but I hated the third and fourth. The fifth was okay. They're making two movies out of number seven. That's good, I guess.

tenshijanai666
1decennia ago
1,954 jpops
Quote by Lhia chan
I hated the movies!!! The first and second movies were the best, but I hated the third and fourth. The fifth was okay. They're making two movies out of number seven. That's good, I guess.

D: how could you hate any of the movies??
there like the best!! ever lol

Lhiachan
1decennia ago
1,862 jpops
Quote by tenshijanai666
[Quote by Lhia chan]

D: how could you hate any of the movies??
there like the best!! ever lol

I hate how a lot of the characters are perceived in the movies. Harry is an insane freak, Hermione's a bossy, stuck-up, mother-like brat, and Ron's arrogant and stupid. I love Harry Potter, but they're killing the characters!!! :(

SoraMaya
8yr ago
8,046 jpops
permalink Ahh its good! It healed lol, although i cant move it too much...

tenshijanai666
1decennia ago
1,954 jpops
Quote by Lhia chan
[Quote by tenshijanai666]

I hate how a lot of the characters are perceived in the movies. Harry is an insane freak, Hermione's a bossy, stuck-up, mother-like brat, and Ron's arrogant and stupid. I love Harry Potter, but they're killing the characters!!! :(

ohh ok yea I get what your saying!!!^^

Raikiri999Angel
1decennia ago
3,875 jpops
permalink The movies still kick ass!!! :RBohNo: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

TierraTechno
1decennia ago
32,021 jpops
permalink The movies are great, but the fifth one was lacking a bit. They missed so much, it was one of the longest books, but the shortest movie, it just didn't work.

daxxler
1decennia ago
10,882 jpops
permalink OMG I LOVEEE HARRY POTTER SOO MUCH... i am one of those people that read the books over and over and over and over again. i love harry potter so much that i notives the wandlore mistake in HPGF! And i cryed in the last book...

But i REALLY dont like the films because they get rid of all the sub - plots.. and i love the sub plots :RBohNo:

rashiyu
1decennia ago
2,708 jpops
permalink I've only read the 5th and 6th bOok...

Yah, they DO take a lot out from the bOok in the films!!!o_0

But it's ok..haven't read the 7th one yet, looking forward to reading it!!!:RBhalo:

chuchusama
1decennia ago
132 jpops
permalink HP was a great read; I didn't want it to end:(

It still grosses me out who Harry ended up marrying, even though they are only about two years (I think) apart.

hotarunu
1decennia ago
-335 jpops
permalink My favorite Wesley Was Fred too sad hi died !

I was hoping Hedwig didn`t die and until the last page I hope for her return.

The character Mostly heat in the book: Bellatrix Lestrange I heat her

the books are better then the movies for far

Jpoprules
1decennia ago
5,985 jpops
permalink urgghh too long

esskankee
1decennia ago
50,238 jpops
Quote by hotarunu
My favorite Wesley Was Fred too sad hi died !

I was hoping Hedwig didn`t die and until the last page I hope for her return.

The character Mostly heat in the book: Bellatrix Lestrange I heat her

the books are better then the movies for far

i don't like how they take out so much information and scenes from the movies

mika
1decennia ago
24,974 jpops
permalink I love Harry Potter. The whole story and just everything about it. It just fascinates me. Though, I think the books are a lot better than the movies. :RBstickout: But that is probably because when you read, you get all the details, and you imagine for yourself how things look and all. Then in the movies there is a lot missing, and it's just not like you imagined it to be. Like, "The goblet of fire", I read the book, then when I went to see it, I was sooo disappointed, :RBcrying: But it is a great movie, it just doesn't compare to the books. :)
And another thing that is a little annoying, is that in the books, it is so clear that Harry has green eyes, in the movies he has blue eyes. I mean, they could at least have made him were contacts :RBangry:

But anyway you see it, I love Harry Potter :RBheart:

ninjasaiyan
1decennia ago
332 jpops
permalink i tried to read harry potter books but its kinda long for me......but i managed to read the 1st,2nd, and 3rd book.

yasoshlasuma
10yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink i love the whole series, but unlike u it took me about 5 months do read it. i only read at night and i was sharing it with my mum.
my favorite book is Half Blood Prince. i cant believe Dumbeldore died.

Dj3k
10yr ago
2 jpops
permalink I skiped 6 and read half of 7 the last half of course :RBhot:

KATTUNKAMExROX
10yr ago
388,412 jpops
permalink why!! don't skip the books you won't get a full understanding
i love harry potter i used to be a book worm cuz of these books it's so interesting
and has lots of twists and i can't believe dumbledore died :RBcrying: he was awesome and snape loving harry's mom lol and the ending was cool with the reverse and twists and neville choppin the snake head woah
i liked the epiloug it ended out well and harry marrying jinny and having 3 kidsXD plus it was obvious that hermione and ron like each other :RBstickout:

yasoshlasuma
10yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink No1 ever believes me when i tell them this but it took me about 2 months to read HP 7. I couldnt get into it. The best one is HP and the Goblet of Fire.

I love :RBheart: Harry and Ron.

Shinichi06
10yr ago
300 jpops
permalink I've been reading it since years ago, but i grew out of it, mainly because the last book was lacking in something. It just didn't live up to the other books, the whole novel seemed rushed through, everything was so predictable.

sloppy, sloppy work.

I hope no one is offended though. I'm just voicing it out.

bloodroseapple
10yr ago
139 jpops
permalink yeah omg all my favorite characters died.

sirius black, remus lupin, fred weasley, dumbledore... hedwig, and then i guess snape at the very end. :( did tonks die? i don't remember...

haha i watch the movies just for the heck of it. it's like a tradition now. buy the books as soon as they come out and watch the movies as soon as they come out. but the books are so much better. it's fun imagining everything for yourself.

i actually thought that harry was going to die. like an epic battle between him and voldemort where they take each other down.

YamaPiLuvR
10yr ago
9,534 jpops
permalink I cried a little when fred died!!! When all of the weasleys surrounded him on the great hall is touching... :RBcrying:
I love the weasleys especially the twins.. :jcry:

cottoncandy
10yr ago
6,247 jpops
permalink Yeah, I love the Harry Potter books! Though I only realized that they exsisted after the 3rd movie came out... kinda lame :annoyed: Then I only started reading them 3 yrs ago but since then I have read them a few times.
I dont like the movies anymore though. After reading the books I realized just how bad the movies were. and I especially hated the 5th movie! They messed it up completly!!! :madc:
I am reading the 4 book again at the moment... its amazing how much I forget.
My fav characters are Fred and George. The jokers :P love em ! lolz
I was so annoyed at the way I found out Fred died. I was at school and I hadnt finished the book and some girl decided to yell out to all her friends that Fred died!!!
:RBcrying:

bloodroseapple
10yr ago
139 jpops
permalink was george the one with his ear blown off? i think i remember that one lost his ear and one died...

i loved both of them though :( excellent characterization.

Montesquieu
10yr ago
304 jpops
permalink Best series right here.

umehime
10yr ago
4,391 jpops
permalink well, i enjoyed reading the harry potter series from books 1-7.. i remembered skipping my meals because i was still reading the book. LOL! the books were really good...

ya2hikaru
10yr ago
14,580 jpops
permalink yeah!! really good books!!!!

i remeber i fell in love with those books about 8 years ago!!!!

and i found many friends becoz of those books!!!!! :)

kai09
10yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink yeah, harry potter is the best series out there!!!!! i love harry potter!!!!

and hp 6 and 7...both really made me cry!! i cried when dumbledore, fred, lupin, tonks, dobby, and snape (yes, SNAPE :RBstickout: ) died.

i was a bit disappointed with how voldy died in hp7. my mind was like, "that's it???" i was expecting a more dramatic and action-filled ending so....

anyway, jk rowling gave all her best and i really love how she writes!!!

i'll be a harry potter fan forever! XD

:RBhalo:

tlishamiller418
10yr ago
95 jpops
permalink Hp&DH was awesome, but all the awesome people died!!! :-(

akizora
10yr ago
400 jpops
permalink i cry when every character died in Harry Potter books. But i didnt cry when i watch Sirius died in the movie. i just didnt get the impression. so i hope the next movie can show me the real sadness when Dumbledore died. :RBcrying: :RBcrying:

And i hope the movie didnt change much scene from the books.. :RBfrown: :RBfrown:

Valstu
10yr ago
10,263 jpops
permalink I've only read The prisoner of Azkaban...not a really big fan :/

Kazekun
10yr ago
2,114 jpops
permalink I can sum my love for this series up in 5 words: Harry Potter is the shiznit!

My favorite character, Dumbledore died at the end of Half-Blood Prince though. :( But in the end, he was amazing in how he helped Harry, truly a genius series.

I am a little upset though that they are officially making Deathly Hallows into 2 movies (Part 1 and Part 2). Just don't see the point in it, but hey, great books make for great movies.

The 7 books have been read, aswell as Tales of Beedle the Bard. Now, I just need to get my hands on a copy of that 800 word prologue card J.K. Rowling wrote for some charity (can't remember it's name). It's a prologue to the first book in 800 words! :RBconfused:

Miki
10yr ago
2,865,769 jpops
Quote by Kazekun

I am a little upset though that they are officially making Deathly Hallows into 2 movies (Part 1 and Part 2). Just don't see the point in it

I think that was a smart move, otherwise fans will be disappointed, like they were with the 5th movie. Book was massive and they did not show a lot of interesting and important scenes. It was that sort of movie, when you have to read a book before otherwise you will not understand everything.

So I am glad that there will be two parts.

Read all the books :)

mika
10yr ago
24,974 jpops
permalink Me too is so damn glad it will be two parts! Cause there's so much happening in book 7, they wouldn't be able to put all that into just one movie and make it successfully :RBohNo:

But I still am a little very pissed of that they are holding back the 6th movie :RBveryAngry:

Hanazawa
9yr ago
5,342 jpops
permalink Harry Potter... :shock: Best Book ever, Fav book ever and best movie ever.

I love it, I love the story, I love magic and just love everything about Harry Potter.

Already read all the books, and I also have all the movies :lovec:

*Wingardium Laviosa :twisted: *
[edit]Last edit by Hanazawa on Monday 06 Apr, 2009 at 07:58 +17.3%[/edit]

AnotherOtaku
9yr ago
591 jpops
permalink I like it,
I have read all the books and seen the movies. Can't wait for the fifth to come out. But I'm no BIG fan. I like Twilight better, but Harry Potte is really nice ^-^

ShiAkimoto
9yr ago
277 jpops
permalink Oh.. i've only read 6 of the books D: i tried to read the 7th on english but it was to hard :'( so i have to wait for is to come out on my langugae :S [edit]Last edit by ShiAkimoto on Friday 24 Apr, 2009 at 18:26 -88.6%[/edit]

TiLani
9yr ago
725 jpops
permalink I've read all the books and I have all the movies that are already out on dvd except the third one which I need to get. I'm waiting for the 6th movie to come out. I heard that it's rated pg which I think is kind of weird considering what's in the book but I don't know if it's true or not. I hope it's true to the book, at least a little.

tlishamiller418
9yr ago
95 jpops
permalink Harry potter rocks!!! I LOVE deathly hallows, but all the awesome characters died- i wish Ronald had instead of Fred-or Percy(he's a PRAT)!!!!!!!! I was really mad when Severus died too :-(

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Harry Potter [Book Series]
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service