Gyaru Style Thoughts & Feelings?

25 posts  ·  created 7yr ago by lvsanchez115  ·  last post 1yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Fashion & beauty    Gyaru Style Thoughts & Feelings?

lvsanchez115
7yr ago
92 jpops
permalink Hey Jpoppers! Need some help! I'm currently doing some research for a blog post on the Gyaru subculture. I've found tons of information on the net, but it would be awesome to get some perspectives on here. Has anyone tried replicating the Gyaru style? Do you know anyone who dresses Gyaru?

My first impression of the style was huge eyes/blonde hair, but there are seriously a wide variety of Gyaru types.

The type I find most intriguing is the Ganguro style:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/Sakuramachi/ganguro-girl-phone.jpg

My favorite Gyaru style is almost opposite to the Ganguro girl I posted before, this is the hime-gyaru or Princess Gyaru.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vYP8JMwQl6Y/TITBtRhdiQI/AAAAAAAACBs/xP19NwfXY6A/s1600/hime-gyaru.jpg

I've read about some girls sacrificing careers (ending up working at retail shops etc) just to keep this look up. I find it fascinating. They even have their own slang words (Agepoyo, anyone?)

What do you all think of Gyarus?

cinnicake
7yr ago
2,351 jpops
permalink i love gangur, i think its so cool when they have on their cool outfits with platforms doing para para .i would do a more hime type ganguro though

Nanii
7yr ago
7 jpops
permalink I like the Kawaii Gyaru ^^
I think there is something that is called Kawaii Gyaru, and it's sexy and cute at the same time. ^^

Natsukii
7yr ago
4,162 jpops
permalink I think it's awesome ^_^ I will try it one day. I love how the girls can pull it off so eaily.

MekaChan
7yr ago
235 jpops
permalink I wanna be one I'm Already dark skin color brown color. I can pull off few.

Manachan
7yr ago
214 jpops
permalink Hi
I'm a beginner gyaru. ^.^ I love all types of gyaru, I've even tried manba make up ^^"

Topazio
7yr ago
32,457 jpops
permalink oh wow, there like harajuko + lolita mix, all in the family, wow, i dont know much about them, but there cute. Living dolls wow.

Manachan
7yr ago
214 jpops
permalink If somebody wants to know more about gyaru fashion, just visit this site: http://gyaru.startje.com/

olboyfloats
7yr ago
4,118 jpops
permalink I kind of like this style. It's so surreal and strange. :D

Hanachan459
7yr ago
8,547 jpops
permalink Idk, maybe it helps: Our Kawaii World

MoonChildGirl
7yr ago
127 jpops
permalink I'm into gyaru. I usually wear more casual style gyaru as in Popteen and Happy Nuts magazines ;)

sweetgirl1
7yr ago
913 jpops
permalink I like some gyru but only on other people

RepublicofHeaven
7yr ago
148 jpops
permalink Gyaru, while still around in Japan, is really dying out. It's a lot more toned down now.

I recently went on a little internet adventure, trying look for blogs that had Gyaru/Ganguro inspired dress. I found quite a good one (I provide the link below.) Unfortunately, it's in French. So for all you non-French speakers it might be a bit of pain to navigate, but the picture are still quite good and she updates often.

http://cherrypop.over-blog.com/

Nyell
7yr ago
3,426 jpops
permalink Thanks for the link :) Amazing site (although I know French only a little) Pictures are so beautiful and cute, I could spend hours just browsing :D

RepublicofHeaven
7yr ago
148 jpops
permalink No problem! I hope they prove inspiring. :3

aceponkana
7yr ago
4,499 jpops
permalink I know the Hime Gyaru is more popular now..than the Gyaru tan something..LOL xP
Japan has the best fashion, IMO!
it's soooo cool and unique! >u<

musha07
7yr ago
526 jpops
permalink I have mixed feelings about gyaru. In a way, it's a style that requires a lot of effort to make and expresses the individual standing point.
On the "dark side", it's a form of consumism that sometimes go to extremes of self-prostituition cases. O.O

apriatnakusuma
7yr ago
177 jpops
permalink uwaw, self protitution, not so natural make up, i think

XSaekoStarX
7yr ago
93 jpops
permalink I really like Gyaru, I think it's adorable and I'm jealous of anyone who can pull it off. Personally, I can't but I think it looks adorable, but I despise the Ganguro look. It just looks really awful to me, although I can understand why others like it, I do not. :)

kiRabon
7yr ago
164 jpops
permalink i think i prefer hime and kei
something sweet and rock 'n roll at the other day :p

Sayurihime
5yr ago
3,925 jpops
permalink I luv gyaru!..I luv how it can be kawaii/cute or edgey!...I plan on doin Bohimian gyaru soon!^^

blossomingtrash
3yr ago
629 jpops
permalink There should be gothic himekaji lol.

Kimiaa
3yr ago
1,503 jpops
permalink I like it a lot but the only let down for me is that I don't loook good with a dark skin xD I also won't tan myself since it's bothersome, apart from that I love the style :)

I love Harutama from Black Diamond!http://62.media.tumblr.com/4d43c7da7eee7b39b8dda5a2bc71497b/tumblr_nr33owIfcy1tkxxxbo1_500.jpg

TaelorLee
3yr ago
86 jpops
permalink I think gyaru is a pretty great and unique fashion style, however it probably wouldn't be a style I would ever wear. I have a pretty bad complex over my dark skin, so i'm constantly wearing lighter makeup.

YUCHiRO
3yr ago
11,065 jpops
permalink I think gyarus are super cute :3 Especially hime gyarus
My own style is kinda inspired by gyaru-o style (and goshikku gyaru/rokku gyaru) ;3

WingedSphinx01
1yr ago
53,345 jpops
permalink I think the Ganguro style is a little strange. They should just naturally bronze their skin. Also, even though I love Coco Channel and Rococobto pieces the name Lolita has a bad reference to abuse. Gyaru should stay as it originally was and not blend itself with the Lolita styles so much.

WingedSphinx01
1yr ago
53,345 jpops
permalink Lol stupid typo above. I meant "Rococo" but was typing to fast.

Back  |  Forums    Fashion & beauty    Gyaru Style Thoughts & Feelings?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service