Favorite Game Genre?

511 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by soulmarket  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Gaming    Favorite Game Genre?

soulmarket
1decennia ago
2,083 jpops
permalink Does anyone have a favorite game genre (first-person shooters, puzzle/adventure, casual, RPG, MMORPG, strategy, etc.)?

I really love FPS's like Halo and Enemy Territory. :RBheart: They're sort of my babies--so intense! Strategy games are kind of awesome too, though: Warcraft and Starcraft and Age of Empires--grew up playing games like that, so although I'm no good, I find them unreasonably enjoyable. :)

RyoFujisawa
6yr ago
436 jpops
permalink I like RPG's Like Final Fantasy, most actions adventure games and fighting.
I'm a dork for games like Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Padel
1decennia ago
209,875 jpops
permalink RTS - Warcraft Series, Starcraft :rock: , FPS - Counter-Strike :otsu: , MMORPG - World Of Warcraft :king: I'm a Blizzard freak :crazy:

rahci15
2yr ago
6,258 jpops
permalink i like starcraft too.. and diablo series too :D

Meyer
1decennia ago
8,033 jpops
permalink Hmm hard one to answer on :O
Well when i grew up it was probably 3 genres: platforms, RTS and FPS...

though in these days it will mostly be... hmm....fighting games.... and i prefer 2D fighting games ^^

bluesweater
1decennia ago
421,021 jpops
permalink all first person shooting game.. i like it! :RBhalo: SWAT, CS, Max Paine, etc :laughing:

blidus
1decennia ago
31,644 jpops
permalink Rpg with great stories and gameplay, FPS when multiplayer, fighting and racing games! :)

kireichan
1decennia ago
2,594 jpops
Quote by bluesweater
all first person shooting game.. i like it! :RBhalo: SWAT, CS, Max Paine, etc :laughing:
YUP ME TOO!!!!

Aomari
1decennia ago
2,186 jpops
permalink Puzzle and strategy games.

Muffin
1decennia ago
2,783 jpops
permalink Action/adventure.

Like TR and stuff. :)

firedemonfox
1decennia ago
413 jpops
permalink Hmmm, lets see

FPS-Counter Strike: Source, RPG-Final Fantasy Series, Action/Fighting-Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry Series and that's about it.

TwistedFlower
1decennia ago
9,479 jpops
permalink RPG's Like Devil May Cry 1 and 3 :lovec:

EMILYSLASH
7yr ago
205 jpops
permalink I like DMC too, if only they didn't keep changing the CV for dante.

blidus
1decennia ago
31,644 jpops
permalink yeah dante's cool! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

aoikawaryu
1decennia ago
175 jpops
permalink RPG- of course the Final Fantasy series and Breath of Fire, as well as Arc the Lad

Mystery Adventure- Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Koudelka, and Resident Evil

question: how is mystery adventure different from RPG? isn't it just RPG with some horror and thrills in it?

XinRaiku
1decennia ago
1,891 jpops
permalink Me, I like games like Leisure Suit Larry, J/K :RBstickout:

I like pretty much every game genre, but I would have to say RPG's are my favorite, along with RTS games.

buunshichi
1decennia ago
39,925 jpops
permalink Fighting (SF 3rd Strike, Smash Bros series, etc.), RPG (Tales, FF, GUST games), and some strategy stuff (Ogre battle, Tactics, Starcraft, etc.) are my big three. I play other stuff too, but most of my collection is in these groups.

hikarikage
1decennia ago
94 jpops
Quote by blidus
Rpg with great stories and gameplay, FPS when multiplayer, fighting and racing games! :)

Yup Yup Me too!!!

HelloHaruka
1decennia ago
12,113 jpops
permalink I like RPG's like Final Fantasy. I also like turn-based RPG's like Disgaea 2. (My favourite game at the moment!)

makifan2008
1decennia ago
100 jpops
permalink RPGS for sure i also like the god of war series

CursedDice
1decennia ago
124 jpops
permalink I like RPG games mostly, like Final Fantasy.

mrfishbulb
1decennia ago
1,862 jpops
permalink :think: I'm a fan of every genre except sports. Not because I don't like em, it's just I always get killed online. :shifty:

ohmiya
1decennia ago
150 jpops
permalink RPGs ftw! But then I love playing all types of games.. the only ones I don't really enjoy are sports games. I just can't get into it at all, sports never appealed to me.

Favorite games: Xenogears, Star Ocean, Brave Fencer Musashi.

ninjasaiyan
1decennia ago
332 jpops
permalink rpgs,fighting,action/adventure..certian shooting games(not my best type of genre)

i dont like sport games

kaldaddy1
1decennia ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Personally, I think FFVII is it's own genre...

skinnybandit
1decennia ago
178 jpops
permalink my favorate game genre is first person shooter.

shery3e
1decennia ago
2,465 jpops
permalink rpgs and action/adventure :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart:

jlover13
1decennia ago
2,628 jpops
permalink i like rpgs cuz the storylines are more in depth and complicated than other genres...my favorite game at the moment is fire emblem path of radiance on gamecube...amazing><

BurningTyphoon
10yr ago
23,315 jpops
permalink Fighters are my best, but, I like adventure games too. I play Marvel Vs. Capcom (1/ and 2) best of anything. I have lots of skill in Soul Calibur, and lots in Tekken. But, playing Soul Calibur makes me worse in Tekken because of the no gaurd button. Sometimes in Tekken, I'll push the X button to block.

Everyone says they can beat me in these three game series (never happens). But, if someone wants to play me in Soul Calibur IV, my XBOX Live account is "Burning Typhoon" exactly as it is here. lol. Looking forward to challengers. Astaroth For the Win!

I would say that action/adventure is my favorite genre (which it is) but, I play more fighting games, so, I'll just have to go with that.

Challengers welcome, and good luck.

frostvind
10yr ago
1,722 jpops
permalink RPG , fighting , strategy and adventure. Is my favourite genres.

Best games in RPG:
Final Fantasy
Oblivion
Eternsl Sonata
FIGHTING:
Tekken
Dead or alive
Virtua Fighter
STRATEGY:
Command and Counqer 3
ADVENTURE:
Ninja Gaiden 2

fueledbybecky
10yr ago
547 jpops
permalink I like and play RPGs the most, but i dont mind shooters. :)

Cloudylemonade
10yr ago
266 jpops
permalink I love RPGS!!! :RBheart:
Like the Legend of Zelda and the Tales Series!
Oh and platform games like Mario <3
and maybe some random others.....I like Animal Crossing and Pokemon!
I really dont like film games like...Harry Potter or the disney ones >< so bad xD
I really want Guitar Hero and Okami...and maybe Super Smash Bros Brawl! <3
Oh wow, i want so many games yet I only have a few pounds :RBcrying:

juntashin
10yr ago
3,350 jpops
permalink RPG fighting and Adventure

Kiyone
10yr ago
144 jpops
permalink I love turn-based rpg!! I also like some hack&slash games too, but personally I prefer old school turn-based fighting (like FFVII)... Aww I miss those kind of games so much. :RBcrying:

Now I'm playing old PS2 game called Dark Cloud (Zelda: Ocarina of time ripoff xD) and I actually like that kind of hack & slash, but for example I've never liked the figting styles in Tales series.. So.. I'm difficult. :D

I also looooooooove fighting games.. My ultimate favourite is Soul Calibur serie. Omg I'd marry Tira anytime (and my boyfriend totally accepts that)!! :RBheart:
I've been playing SC4 (daily) in my ps3 like 3 months now and I'm still not bored with it!

Well anyhoo.. I also like to play FPS (CS, Unreal Tournament) and lifesimulation (The Sims2!!). And I'll probably play any kind of game if the story is good and worth of my time. :RBstickout:

Havoc
10yr ago
389 jpops
permalink I would've listed all the genres, as I like at least one game in each genre, the only exception is the Civilization series, I seriously do not understand the appeal of that game.

However, one of my most-liked genres would be First-Person Shooters[FPS, don't get confused with another meaning of this word as it has two different meanings.]. There is a certain intensity in such games which I crave. Which is why I can't wait for Left 4 Dead, the fact that it has an 'AI Director' that adjusts the difficulty is great.

That means, I'm gonna get completely owned by massive numbers of Zombies... you would understand why.

I also do like Real-Time Strategy[RTS] games such as Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, which is too awesome too describe. Can't wait for the second game.

AquaAerios
10yr ago
124 jpops
permalink I prefer RPGs (Final Fantasy, Ragnarok Online) and Fighting (Soul Calibur, King of Fighters). I don't really have a PS3 yet so right now that's what I'll go with.

zecksegur
10yr ago
15,726 jpops
permalink I'm a wicked RPG player! Love the style of it and mostly the stories. I like stories a lot however its tough for a book to really grab someone all the time that's why i like rpgs its a story you control :)
other then that it goes like this:
2)Action/adventure (jak and daxter for example)
3)Strategy (Command and conquer things like that)

LoneEnergy
10yr ago
216 jpops
permalink RPG and a little blend of RTS would do. :tongue:

KitsuneGrand
10yr ago
594 jpops
permalink My favorite is RPG.... but lately I've been into FPS's like Fallout 3.
What I'm playing right now is Lost Odyssey, Fallout 3, Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary, and some mahjong game I picked up out in town.

namaewaguildo
10yr ago
181 jpops
permalink I love RPG and FPS. Currently I haven't had time to play any though :RBcrying:

weupzz
10yr ago
6,499 jpops
permalink Fighting, football and RPG

cikidoa1
10yr ago
1,222 jpops
permalink RPG and Fighting!! ^^

(Tekken is the best... Bloody Roar is not bad tho :STwink: )

kawaiicupie16
10yr ago
3,503 jpops
permalink RPGs FTW :RBheart: :rock: :pray: They're the best games out there to me! Stuff like FF series, Kingdom Hearts series, Star Ocean, love em all!

Simulators too like Harvest Moon and Cooking Mama.

Fighting games are SO much fun to me but i'm not too good at them. I've grown up around Tekken and Soul Caliber and Dead or Alive so i'm used to watching people get beat up not actually doing it myself :RBblush:

I don't really like FPS. The only one i'll play is Resident Evil. FPS just really isn't my type of gaming.

cikidoa1
10yr ago
1,222 jpops
permalink Ah I used to play Harvest Moon as well... loved it :RBhalo: But then it got boring and yeah... no time to play games since I'm in uni now :RBcrying:

Zuki
10yr ago
3,251 jpops
permalink Survival horror: Resident Evil
Simulation: Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing
Action/Adventure: Legend of Zelda

SetsunaFSeiei
10yr ago
104,687 jpops
permalink FPS > RPG > RTS :)

Jermima
10yr ago
18,975 jpops
permalink For me its Gotta be Counter Strike!! I have been totally brought up on that game, since i was about 10 XD Haha! Mind you i can seriously kick ass :) :otsu:

If any one fancies a game you can find me under Hey I Sux =]

victoria
10yr ago
48 jpops
permalink MMORPG - World of Warcraft :RBheart:
simulation- the sims 2 :laughing: :otsu:

KFChizz
10yr ago
4,173 jpops
permalink I like Japanese RPG's and the Phoenix Wright games.

topaz91385
10yr ago
1,728 jpops
permalink JRPG all the way,Final Fantasy!!!!!! :RBheart:

Back  |  Forums    Gaming    Favorite Game Genre?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service