Favorite book

373 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by Shenzi  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Favorite book

Shenzi
1decennia ago
1,173 jpops
permalink Wich book is your fav ichiban?
I'm not so sure myself, but my favs are the Harry Potter books (ofc), His dark materials, Piratica, Artemis Fowl, Abarat, Eragon and Eldest. And I really can't wait for Brisingr to come out in swedish. Cuz I don't want to read it in english when I've read the other two in swedish.

Hehe, I'm into fantasy stuff can you tell? XD Reality is too boring ><

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink oh wow... i'm into fantasy too...

I think no one can beat Tolkien. ^^ My fave is this book called "Belgarath" by David Eddings. His Belgariad and Malloreon series are really awesome.

Books by Raymond Feist are quite good too.

MakubeX
1decennia ago
640 jpops
permalink I love HP series! But my favorite book is "Art of War" by Sun Tzu

rashiyu
1decennia ago
2,708 jpops
permalink harry potter was nice^^
i love suspense books though..and horrors and thrillers...:D
my fave writer is dean kOontz...:D

Chouchou
1decennia ago
63,082 jpops
permalink I've only read a couple of books I had to read for school. Although I'm really not fond of reading overall, there were a couple I didn't mind reading:
[i]Joe Speedboot[/i] by Tommy Wieringa
[i]Het Leven is Vurrukkulluk[/i] by Remco Capmert
[i]Crazy[/i] by Benjamin Lebert
[i]Are You Experienced?[/i] by William Sutcliffe

It probably doesn't ring a bell ne.. :RBstickout:
Also, I liked the Harry Potter books a lot, but lazy as I am, I prefer watching the movies. :D

rashiyu
1decennia ago
2,708 jpops
permalink the movie isnt at all that accurate but they cut reading time!!! ehehee...overall, the harrypotter moVies are great,..danielle radcliffe is a great actOr, ne??..^^

Raikiri999Angel
1decennia ago
3,875 jpops
permalink The Harry Potter books r okay, I remember when the first one came out, I was in first grade :)
Besides that i really just read anime :RBheart:

Shenzi
1decennia ago
1,173 jpops
permalink i just love the harry potter books. i like the movies too, but i always prefer books. ill read lord of the rings some day too. but i really need to finish piratica 3 (currently reading it) so i can start the last hp!!

TierraTechno
1decennia ago
32,021 jpops
permalink I love the books by Stephenie Meyer, if you haven't read them, you definately should. :RBheart:
I also love Totally Joe and Artemis Fowl and the Harry Potter Series!

Lhiachan
1decennia ago
1,862 jpops
Quote by TierraTechno
I love the books by Stephenie Meyer, if you haven't read them, you definately should. :RBheart:
I also love Totally Joe and Artemis Fowl and the Harry Potter Series!

I read Stephenie Meyer's books, and I really didn't like them too much. I thought the characters (especially Bella) were a bit shallow. And I would HATE to have a boyfriend like Edward. But that's my opinion on the books.

My favorite books are definitely Holly Black's Modern Faerie books. <3 I love Roiben.

Gintawolf
1decennia ago
120 jpops
permalink Anything by Dave Duncan :RBheart: I love his boods. the Kings Blades series is simply amazing. they are all stand alone novels but all innerconnect if you read them all. They are very actiony with very good sword fights.

varsityplayer
1decennia ago
1,347 jpops
permalink my fav is Farewell to Manzanar :)

XinRaiku
1decennia ago
1,891 jpops
permalink The books I love, all of Tolkien's books, they are true masterpieces. What else. I have been reading some star wars books, and this book about the crusades. I love a book called Alas, Babylon, really good I suggest reading it. I like pretty much anything, as long as it isn't really boring, and it has to pull me in right away. :D

TwistedFlower
1decennia ago
9,479 jpops
permalink The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

pauljason
1decennia ago
659 jpops
permalink ...im not sure but the black stone chronicles and any interesting books~!

KSsince1987
1decennia ago
13,815 jpops
permalink Haruki Murakamis' books

eilonwe2
1decennia ago
17,708 jpops
Quote by nacho
oh wow... i'm into fantasy too...

I think no one can beat Tolkien. ^^ My fave is this book called "Belgarath" by David Eddings. His Belgariad and Malloreon series are really awesome.

Books by Raymond Feist are quite good too.

wow, I haven't read those in years. You would probably like the coldfire trilogy (the first is dark sun rising) by CS Friedman

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/0886775272/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

it's a really great sci-fi series.

eilonwe2
1decennia ago
17,708 jpops
permalink also, "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman is really good, with an interesting concept behind it.

hotarunu
1decennia ago
-335 jpops
permalink THE LORD OF THE RINGS... ALL

THE HOBBIT.. :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart:

J R R TOLKIEN THE BEST WRITTER EVER!! :D :RBkiss:

esskankee
1decennia ago
50,238 jpops
permalink rose red form stephen king, i love all his novels :RBheart:[edit]Last edit by esskankee on Sunday 01 Jun, 2008 at 05:14 +1.7%[/edit]

kaoru7
1decennia ago
1,022 jpops
permalink All of the novels of John Grisham and Sidney Sheldon :D :RBheart: :RBhalo:

Really love it... :RBhalo: :boogie:

fairylily1513
1decennia ago
605 jpops
permalink The Stephanie Meyers books are definitely my favorite. [i]The Host[/i] was definitely different from her [i]Twilight[/i] series :RBheart: , but I loved that one too. I also like the books written by Laurel K. Hamilton :RBheart:

esskankee
1decennia ago
50,238 jpops
Quote by fairylily1513
The Stephanie Meyers books are definitely my favorite. [i]The Host[/i] was definitely different from her [i]Twilight[/i] series :RBheart: , but I loved that one too. I also like the books written by Laurel K. Hamilton :RBheart:

omg whats The Host like.. i've been trying to read that one but i cant seem to get my hands on it :RBfrown:

fairylily1513
1decennia ago
605 jpops
permalink It's completely AWESOME!!! In [i]The Host[/i] I couldn't help comparing the main characters to her Twilight series and I couldn't believe how different they were! I really couldn't believe that someone could write a book so different than what she usually writes.

The best part is how it still retains that awesome subtle romance in there, but the ending is the BEST!!! it leaves you completely satisfied and not at all like a cliff hanger! At one point you think WAH!!! why did it end like this, but there actually more in the back after a couple of blank pages...

I probably would have missed it if my friend hadn't told me -_-"

esskankee
1decennia ago
50,238 jpops
permalink omg makes me wanna read it even more!!
i almost had my sisterby it a while bakc but she said no, next time!! so i was all like :RBfrown: :RBcrying:
cause i do like her twilight series, and i cant wait til the movies comes out. but yea i saw it and i sw the authors name so i was like :RBheart: gotta read it

hellTiShy
1decennia ago
139 jpops
permalink HP series
Twilight by stephenie Meyer
New moon by Stephenie Meyer

who has read twilight??

esskankee
1decennia ago
50,238 jpops
permalink ohgod i love twilight and the triology...i cant wait for the movie to come out!!

gothickunoichi
1decennia ago
140 jpops
permalink I have too many! Definetly harry potter and anything by stephenie meyer... hmm gossip girls pretty good and the Mediator series by Meg Cabot's also really good!

TierraTechno
1decennia ago
32,021 jpops
permalink Stephenie Meyer has an amazing writing style all her own. She is absolutely amazing.

Mahiru
1decennia ago
554 jpops
permalink My favorite series is the Twilight series. My friend showed me it last year and I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

josias
1decennia ago
22,184 jpops
permalink ha.. i love comics.. ;)

TwistedFlower
1decennia ago
9,479 jpops
permalink 1984 by George Orwell

standstill00
1decennia ago
133 jpops
Quote by eilonwe2
also, "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman is really good, with an interesting concept behind it.

this is a really good book :) though neverwhere is my favorite :D

Eclipsedmyst
1decennia ago
1,403 jpops
permalink I'm a book freak. Nuff said XD

- Angus, thongs, & Fullfrontal Snogging (BEST BOOK EVER MADE)
- Blue is for nightmares (so cool, I couldn't put it down)
- Bras & Broomsticks...

Ahh just relaized I read lots of books, related to girl's lingerie :RBblush:

rama
10yr ago
262 jpops
permalink I like anything by Orson Scott Card and Ray Bradbury. Bret Easton Ellis is good too.
For some reason I've never been into the Harry Potter series. I remember reading the first book in second grade, and then attempting the Chamber of Secrets (is that the second one?) and quickly becoming bored to tears.

fir
10yr ago
1,629 jpops
permalink actually, i read many fiction books...
and all of them are my fave..
there are:
1. darren shan
2. edgar & ellen
3. eragon
4. perfume
5. magyk
6. the book of magic shop
7. children of the lamp
8. etc...(sorry i forgot)^^

Aysohmay
10yr ago
1,532,071 jpops
permalink The Twilight Series - Stephanie Meyer
The Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling
The Inheritance Series - Paloni
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown (best stand alone book ever)
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Atonement - Ian McEwan
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Nickle and Dimed - Barbara Enreich
Their Eyes Were Watching God - Nora Horston
Warriors Don't Cry - Melba Something XD
Trees Grow In Brooklyn - ?
Howl's Moving Castle - ?
Demian - Herman Hesse
The Illiad - Homer
Fight Club - ?
Cold Mountain - ?
Where The Red Fern Grows - ?
The Notebook - ?
A Tale of Two Cities - ?
etc, dont wanna think of the other books I like XD

firegem123
10yr ago
1,099 jpops
permalink I like the Artemis Fowl series, HP series, Milkweed, America, Dragonlance series... I have a lot! But I can't think of anymore!

kaldaddy1
10yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Dragonlance is THE BEST series there is!

We need Caramon to come in and kick Bush's a@s!!

kaldaddy1
10yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink The sad thing is, I think Tasslehoff could do it...

durikaktus777
10yr ago
961 jpops
permalink 1. All of Agatha Christie'Bookzzzz
2. Morris Gleitzman'Books
3. Anchee Min' Books
4. Meg Cabot' Books
5. Sun Tzu
6. Sam Kok
7. HP
8. Forrest Gump
9. Girl Talk series

Kuromisan
10yr ago
202 jpops
permalink My favorite book is Twilight, and there is a movie coming out soon in December, I can't wait!!!

KATTUNKAMExROX
10yr ago
388,412 jpops
permalink i love all the harry potter books, and books by anne rice i just love vampires so cool

Loli
10yr ago
913 jpops
permalink Fav book...that's hard there are so many, but i guess The Lord of The Rings you can't go wrong with classics like that. Oh and also The Virgin Suicides, any of Anne Rice's books, and Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori

juntashin
10yr ago
3,350 jpops
permalink hmmm the whold seris of chronicle of narnia
love it and harry porter all

ElluMellu
10yr ago
283 jpops
permalink My favorite books are:
-Twilight
-New Moon
-Shadowland
-Reunion
-Eragon
-Goosebumps
-Ghost
-Dracula
etc.

But nothing is better than "Nine Princes in Amber" :RBheart:

bloodroseapple
10yr ago
139 jpops
permalink YES ANNE RICE.

I used to love the twilight books but after anne rice they seemed a but shallow.

for fans of tolkein i would suggest george r.r. martin's books. its the song of ice and fire series.

and ORSON SCOTT CARD rocks

NekoChan89
10yr ago
4,375 jpops
permalink My favorite book is the Alchemist: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel. It's such an amazing book!!! I just finished reading the second book and I pre-ordered the third one. There's also a movie coming out next year and I can't wait until it comes out!!!

YamaPiLuvR
10yr ago
9,534 jpops
permalink I like Harry Potter's series...
I'm not into reading that kinds of book actually (really thick books :RBstickout: ) but I can't stop reading it! it's like an addiction! :D
I like mystery and fantasy kind of book ;) ;)

ya2hikaru
10yr ago
14,580 jpops
permalink My Fav books are:
-Harry Potter
-Lord of The Rings
-Inheritance cycle (Eragon,Eldest,& Brisingr)
-Chronicles of Narnia
-All of Agatha Christie's
-Mary Higgins Clark's
-Buffy the vampire slyers
-fear street series
-Peterpan
-Spyderwick
-A series of Unfortunately events
and many more :RBblush:

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Favorite book
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service