Drawing or graphic design.

182 posts  ·  created 1decennia ago by CharlesDefon  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Art & graphics design    Drawing or graphic design.

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Does anyone here like to draw/paint/color or do graphic design or any kind?

KuroNeko
1decennia ago
1,293 jpops
permalink Ah, I definitely like to draw. I like painting too, I just don't do it much because I don't have the materials... same with graphic design on the computer and stuff, I don't have the programs.

Btw, I draw anime/manga style mostly :)

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Ah very cool. I draw and stuff also. I draw some Anime stuff also. Although i like drawing of all types. One day i would like to open up an animation studio. I think it would be cool to entertain people with cartoons and animes.

IF you wanted to do stuff on the computer there is a free program that you can download called Pixia. If you go onto wikipedia and look it up im sure there would be a link to thier download page. Thats if you were interested in using a decent drawing program on the computer for fun and free.

what manga/anime do you like to watch/read/draw? And do you make up your own characters?

bluesweater
1decennia ago
420,421 jpops
permalink yeah yeah.. i love painting, drawing, anything with colors LOL..
i took an anime/manga course 2 years ago.. and then i started with Photoshop.. :D

in junior high school and for the next grade in high school we got an oil painting lesson.. i really love it :RBheart: and then i started to like art things :giggle:

@charles:
we talk about digital pen before? my boss has used it, and i think it's too sensitive to a little move, so i prefer mouse for now :RBstickout:
do u use pc? or mac?

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
permalink i like to draw and sketch... ^^

i like drawing manga stuff too... :D

but i don't have any formal training nor have i attended any classes. i just do it 'cause it relaxes me...

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
Quote by bluesweater
yeah yeah.. i love painting, drawing, anything with colors LOL..
i took an anime/manga course 2 years ago.. and then i started with Photoshop.. :D

in junior high school and for the next grade in high school we got an oil painting lesson.. i really love it :RBheart: and then i started to like art things :giggle:

@charles:
we talk about digital pen before? my boss has used it, and i think it's too sensitive to a little move, so i prefer mouse for now :RBstickout:
do u use pc? or mac?

Yeah I use a digital pen. The one is use is an intous from Wacom. I like it. it is very sensitive although you can change the settings around until you like them ^_^. Plus if you by a big one it can be easier to put in good detail. People tell me that a mac is better however i use a pc. I find it suits my needs just as well. ^_^. What do you use?

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
Quote by nacho
i like to draw and sketch... ^^

i like drawing manga stuff too... :D

but i don't have any formal training nor have i attended any classes. i just do it 'cause it relaxes me...

Well thats good though ^_^. Its important to do something you like. What stuff do you like to draw the most?

TierraTechno
1decennia ago
32,021 jpops
permalink I certainly love to draw, I may not be the best, but I have art class for that! :)

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
Quote by TierraTechno
I certainly love to draw, I may not be the best, but I have art class for that! :)

Same here. Well I don't take art class although I'm trying to teach myself to be better. what do you like to draw?

bluesweater
1decennia ago
420,421 jpops
Quote by CharlesDefon
Yeah I use a digital pen. The one is use is an intous from Wacom. I like it. it is very sensitive although you can change the settings around until you like them ^_^. Plus if you by a big one it can be easier to put in good detail. People tell me that a mac is better however i use a pc. I find it suits my needs just as well. ^_^. What do you use?

i use pc too. but im planning to buy mac.. (still confused too, iMac or MacBook) hehehe
yeah i found it, Wacom. my boss' using that too. maybe it's good to draw digitally, im more into editing photos, so maybe that's why i think i dont really need it :RBstickout:

Quote by TierraTechno
I certainly love to draw, I may not be the best, but I have art class for that! :)

hooo lucky you.. i dont have an art class >.<

nacho
1decennia ago
21,523 jpops
Quote by CharlesDefon
[Quote by nacho]

Well thats good though ^_^. Its important to do something you like. What stuff do you like to draw the most?

sometimes i draw manga, sometimes i draw people by copying from magazines or posters... i mostly draw people... or just doodle random stuff or draw patterns...

Zwill
1decennia ago
1,792 jpops
permalink I love to draw and paint but my favorite is using ink and watercolors. It just looks so elegant! I had to make a portrfolio last year for the Art&Design and Fashion industries addmissions.

SakuraDanielle
1decennia ago
6 jpops
permalink I suck at art, but love to see everything as its being created.

yasoshlasuma
7yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink i'd be happy to be ur penpal. :)

JpopAsia
1decennia ago
538,190 jpops
permalink For the shisa images on JPA (hug, beer, wink etc.) we also used an intuos3 ^^ This is the first time we make graphics like this and it's really difficult to draw clean lines I think X: this is even the first time we used a pen tablet! Watching videos on YouTube really helps a lot to get started. Like how to draw the lines, pen settings, coloring and shading.

CharlesDefon and bluesweater you should buy a mac for sure! I would go for the iMac if you like drawing, because the screen of the MacBook may be a little small.

For the ones interested here's a very very good tutorial on YouTube. During the time he made this video he was unemployed but he works now as an artwork designer for a Wii game. Really cool check it out.

bluesweater
1decennia ago
420,421 jpops
permalink thx JPA, for the advice..
for this time macbook is on the first list.. (so sad.. :RBcrying: cuz the price of middle macbook almost the same with imac)

im planning to work freelance, that's why i thought macbook will be the right choice for me (when i meet my client too in ), but im still considering it anyway :)
*or buying a camera?? still confused about this too* :madc:

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Indeed thank you ^_^. I like my pc, I had it made custom with the specs i wanted which are perfect for me needs in graphic design and animation ^_^. And I bought a big screen also :).

Sunjino
7yr ago
116 jpops
permalink Facebook.com/sunjino

Eclipsedmyst
1decennia ago
1,403 jpops
permalink I like to fool around with paint shop; and Im a drawing freak.
But Im a paint shop amateur although I'd love to get better at it...
but I dont have money to even buy paint shop :RBfrown: and
you can only go so much with constant 30 day trials XD
But I enjoy drawing it and coloring thme in very much :)

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a7b5bb11ad.jpg <-- something I drew from Ps

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
Quote by Eclipsedmyst
I like to fool around with paint shop; and Im a drawing freak.
But Im a paint shop amateur although I'd love to get better at it...
but I dont have money to even buy paint shop :RBfrown: and
you can only go so much with constant 30 day trials XD
But I enjoy drawing it and coloring thme in very much :)

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a7b5bb11ad.jpg <-- something I drew from Ps

yeah, drawing is fun ^_^. You should look into Pixia, if you just want to use a decent computer program for free. Although good drawing you showed ^_^.

Kumikox3
1decennia ago
1,411 jpops
permalink I prefer graphic design because it looks more professional but drawing is always good for starters. I've tried colouring in my own work but it was harder than I thought especially without a graphics tablet! >.<

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Indeed it can be difficult. What programs do you use? I can give you some tips on how to do it if you would like?

bluesweater
1decennia ago
420,421 jpops
permalink i use Photoshop for editing and coloring :D

CharlesDefon
1decennia ago
297,686 jpops
permalink Same Here. I like using Photoshop. It offers alot of benefits. I wantt o buy CS3 once i can actually save up the money for it. Although by then i bet they willc ome out with cs4 :P.

Aomari
1decennia ago
2,186 jpops
permalink i draw a bit and scribble in my school notes..I used to paint but now i dont have the supplies.[edit]Last edit by Aomari on Tuesday 20 May, 2008 at 02:21 +51.6%[/edit]

BemusedDreamer
1decennia ago
965 jpops
permalink I love to draw. I tend to favor pencils, charcoals, and occasionally try my hand at pastels. I'm really bad at painting, though -_-; I'm hoping to work on that this summer, not sure how much I'll accomplish, though.

I also like to make a couple doodles on the computer with my tablet and various programs. Mostly anime/manga style stuff.

hikarikage
1decennia ago
94 jpops
permalink :D i love to draw.
I'm still drawing mostly anime.
i like it better than realistic
sometimes I prefer surrealism over it all though
^_______^

NewSXaddicted
10yr ago
208 jpops
Quote by KuroNeko
Ah, I definitely like to draw. I like painting too, I just don't do it much because I don't have the materials... same with graphic design on the computer and stuff, I don't have the programs.

Btw, I draw anime/manga style mostly :)

same here ^^
but hopefully i'm getting photoshop soon!!
if you want free programs try GIMP
and i find the picture editing tools on photobucket time-killing :D

fir
10yr ago
1,629 jpops
permalink shitsureishimasu...

i just new in this thread..^^

I loved to drawing and i also love graphic design...

The program that i usually use for design are Photoshop and Freehand..^^

marshmallowpie
10yr ago
168 jpops
Quote by Zwill
I love to draw and paint but my favorite is using ink and watercolors. It just looks so elegant! I had to make a portrfolio last year for the Art&Design and Fashion industries addmissions.

i'm agree with u, i like the elegance of that tecniques... watercolor is kind of difficult for me, but i like it, i work easier with watercolour pencils. :D

smorgan27
10yr ago
251 jpops
permalink I usually draw...cos I'm better at shading with a pencil than colouring with any sort of medium... I usually esign cd covers sometimes usng anime style...But most of my art is somthing like skateboarding or graffiti kinda art....

nexztone
10yr ago
130 jpops
permalink in drawing have i only done this one
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4996/dsc00089tx6.jpg
and im proud to done that one and im using photoshop
like whole time ^^

MaffyTaffy
10yr ago
6,268 jpops
permalink I draw quite a lot, http://m-a-f.deviantart.com

I usually only upload my anime stuff though

:/ I need to get Sai some how, my trial is running out in a day and I can't even get the photoshop cs3 trial it takes tooo long to install

What is wrong with jpopasia today o.o nothing works, can't rate, comment on vidz "sorry pal, the preview function failed."

MaffyTaffy
10yr ago
6,268 jpops
permalink Oh no wait >.< Not done

Well basiclly most my info is on my DA account, but I draw quite a lot of anime and submit it to my gallery, there's rarely anything else for reasons I do not know

My fav style would be...love using pencil but it's actually kinda depressing looking and I want to use my acrylics, watercolours and prismas more often.

I have no space to actually do any art/work related stuff I usually sit in a small spot and draw on paper or sketchbook on my lap, and if I wanted to use other mediums aside from pencil most my equipment is around me stacked on...stuff or on the floor basiclaly, but yeah sometimes I digitally colour my images[edit]Last edit by MaffyTaffy on Saturday 04 Oct, 2008 at 01:45 -99%[/edit][edit]Last edit by MaffyTaffy on Tuesday 23 Sep, 2008 at 17:05 +0.4%[/edit][edit]Last edit by MaffyTaffy on Tuesday 23 Sep, 2008 at 17:04 +3.6%[/edit]

Sabriel
10yr ago
18 jpops
permalink I like art as a whole thing. I think digital art is cool, esp those that look freaking real, but with really cool special effects or something. I tend to be jealous when I see those coz i know i cant do it and i can never do it. Eh. i dont have a favourite type of art though.

usually i draw anime style, but i'm still best at chibis and cartoon versions of real things...i have a deviant art account, but it's full of Death Note stuff >.< and it's more of fan comics which are...meant to be funny. sabriei.deviantart.com

there. i'm not very good at art, and definitely not at colouring, but copic markers are the love, and so are my tablet and photoshop CS. and my pencil, of course. i kinda stopped proper drawings lately coz of coming exams >.< but during lessons...i have notes halfway taken, and then some random drawings >.> and random drawings are embarrassing...

@w@

MaffyTaffy
10yr ago
6,268 jpops
Quote by Sabriel
I like art as a whole thing. I think digital art is cool, esp those that look freaking real, but with really cool special effects or something. I tend to be jealous when I see those coz i know i cant do it and i can never do it. Eh. i dont have a favourite type of art though.

usually i draw anime style, but i'm still best at chibis and cartoon versions of real things...i have a deviant art account, but it's full of Death Note stuff >.< and it's more of fan comics which are...meant to be funny. sabriei.deviantart.com

there. i'm not very good at art, and definitely not at colouring, but copic markers are the love, and so are my tablet and photoshop CS. and my pencil, of course. i kinda stopped proper drawings lately coz of coming exams >.< but during lessons...i have notes halfway taken, and then some random drawings >.> and random drawings are embarrassing...

@w@

psst most of your markers work should be in tradtional category not oekaki or digital @w@ Like under the rain, anything you do by hand like drawings on paper and painting is tradtional artwork[edit]Last edit by MaffyTaffy on Saturday 04 Oct, 2008 at 01:49 +2.1%[/edit]

Sabriel
10yr ago
18 jpops
Quote by MaffyTaffy
[Quote by Sabriel]

psst most of your markers work should be in tradtional category not oekaki or digital @w@ Like under the rain, anything you do by hand like drawings on paper and painting is tradtional artwork

haha thanks for telling XP i used to not know and then i would anyhow click for the category thingum o.0 maybe i should just put everything in scraps O_O

Kuromaru
10yr ago
85 jpops
permalink mmm..
I use pencil most of the time =]
I copy manga..
so I'm trying to develope my own style =]

rokuchi
10yr ago
566 jpops
permalink i almost do those stuffs.... especially drawing anime and making graphics...

here are some...

drawings:

http://cdimg1.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/03252008/2/5/f/d/25fdd5fff8baf0_full.jpg

http://cdimg2.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/03252008/1/f/1/3/1f13f40f8f1f90_full.jpg

http://cdimg1.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/05302008/b/8/e/e/b8ee478b356af0_full.jpg

http://cdimg2.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/03252008/1/8/5/4/1854074df48600_full.jpg

graphics:

http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/c4f2e812597ac9d17d4420cfb64249ff1225540248_full.png

http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/b19ebb884776d320f7f627436e9622471225540245_full.png

http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/2cd0dc483a66092ad468dadf2dbb146d1225540245_full.png

http://cdimg1.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/bd112ac5e19055bd6bec9840ee7609971225540244_full.jpg

http://cdimg1.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/413a3dff323aa18cc469c3660b9ee6bc1225540241_full.png[edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Saturday 01 Nov, 2008 at 16:59 +4.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Saturday 01 Nov, 2008 at 16:58 +4.5%[/edit]

Kenshimura
9yr ago
504 jpops
permalink i started to draw when im 15 year old. Take 2months to draw anime style. And i enter drawing contest 2years now. Sometimes win sometime lose. But,im enjoy drawing so much :RBblush: Now i got anime team in my school. So intresting see other artworks. Can share my artworks and ask for any comments. I do agree from all comments i got. Need to improve some parts or something else. We keep improving from time to time.[edit]Last edit by Kenshimura on Friday 09 Jan, 2009 at 07:52 +23.6%[/edit]

ya2hikaru
9yr ago
14,580 jpops
permalink Hmmm,i always use pencil to draw and not use other colors
Only black and white
i like anime style,but i like realistic style too
:RBundecided: :RBundecided:

amoni
9yr ago
887 jpops
permalink I like to play on PS a lot. I have been into it for about 5 years now.

ElluMellu
9yr ago
283 jpops
permalink I like to draw with pencils, crayons and watercolors usually....but in school i also use other techniques.
There was a period, when i drawed in anime style, but now i try to make realitsic pictures. I draw mostly portaits, because i don´t like to draw clothes. And i am getting better at it....now my pictures somewhat resembles those who i am drawing...although they might look a bit strange sometimes.
I also use tablet once in a while...i bought it three yeas ago...it´s nothing special, Trust- it was cheap and it´s not very good, but at least the pictures come out okay.

mHa29
9yr ago
3,516 jpops
permalink yup.
i draw paint and skecht

yet, i don't use it.
i only draw for some reasons.
im not the person who would really put all of his/hers assets on the table just for show...

i draw wen its needed.
i painted on my wall coz it looks plain.
^. i even painted on my windows coz it hot on my side of the room.

though my friends know i draw they also know that im not a showy person. :)
gets?

hikariai
9yr ago
14,123 jpops
permalink i prefer drawing with pencils coz its easier than using pens coz its very easy for your mistakes to be seen and you cannot erase them but i'd still like to draw using pens every now and then :) and oh ya i like to draw anime style :)

misato1888
9yr ago
397 jpops
permalink meeeee! I worj on that,and I'm excelent

valrogirl
9yr ago
1,801 jpops
permalink What photoshop should i get to draw my Anime?[edit]Last edit by valrogirl on Sunday 08 Mar, 2009 at 15:49 +0%[/edit]

LynLyn
9yr ago
149 jpops
permalink I go simple with the typical sketch paper and pencil xD

Nothing really creative about that.
But I must say, my drawings are pretty bad-ass ^-^

yagami83
9yr ago
266 jpops
permalink i like to draw :)

but mostly manga. im making my own manga and someday im planning to go to japan and hoping to get serialized :STsmile:

LovelessHero
9yr ago
6,083 jpops
permalink When I was in highschool I loved animating in flash and working with photoshop and adobe illustrator. I just don't have the spare time to spend hours a day on drawing anymore though :(

Back  |  Forums    Art & graphics design    Drawing or graphic design.
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service