Does age matter in a relationship?

235 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by Kesuhu  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Does age matter in a relationship?

Kesuhu
9yr ago
11,750 jpops
permalink If ur boyfriend is 10 years older then should it matter?

ailoveyou32
6yr ago
6,828 jpops
permalink as long as you wuvs each other..

LovelessHero
9yr ago
6,083 jpops
permalink Yes. This question belongs in dating and love problems not questions and comments though.

chii1571
9yr ago
428 jpops
permalink if its more than 10 years i think its not okay
but 10 is defos okay :D:D

:D

akicute
9yr ago
147,162 jpops
permalink for me age is not a problems since you and your partner loves each other...

yurie123
9yr ago
2,482 jpops
permalink haha, age doesn't matter, as long as you are in love. xD

juntashin
9yr ago
3,350 jpops
permalink hmmm same here i got to agree yeah its the love and care for each other age dont matter i think

yasoshlasuma
9yr ago
175,135 jpops
permalink If u really love some one, then it shouldnt matter.
Age is just a number.
but 10 years older does sort of scare me a lil bit, but it ur life, ur choice of who u want to be with.
if u love them, u love them, u cant change what ur heart wants. i have tried.

amazn12
9yr ago
11,296 jpops
permalink haha age does NOT matter at all! cuz i know a couple that are like...20 years apart i think...and they're actually married :)

so all you need is love and that's enough~

darKTrankility
9yr ago
13,196 jpops
permalink I think 10 years it's tooo much difference !!! epecially if the woman is older than the man !!!

but if it's not straight relation, it doesn't matter :)

zellyx1
9yr ago
611 jpops
permalink I think it matters. I wouldn't date someone 5+ yrs older than me. Maybe because I'm a girl who's afraid of creepers. XD

kai09
9yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink actually i don't know what to say since it's now the modern times.

i think age shouldn't matter when it comes to love. i mean, REAL LOVE. not love because of money, looks, or whatever. if you really love a person, even though he or she is much older than you, then i don't think age should be a hindrance. love knows no age. XD

but for me, i wouldn't really consider dating someone who is 10++ years older than me. *well of course, except for shou XDDD :giggle:* that would really be strange...

vennarashii
9yr ago
123 jpops
permalink it's fine, but if the age distance is too far apart, it might be hard to understand each other because you're not going through the same things. but if you already really really reallyyy understand each other then i think that's fine :D

LittleSchrei
9yr ago
850 jpops
permalink I think it depends on the ages involved.
If say it's 20 years old dating a 30 year old, this doesnt matter so much in my mind but any younger than that and your treading fragile ground. There are differences between what (for example) a 17 and 27 year old want out of a realtionship.
Having said that it's all about happiness and if you think you can manage it and your friends and family are aware and accepting of it you should make the best out of a good thing.

XxAikoxX
9yr ago
503 jpops
permalink Age matters depending on your age, personally i feel it's fine for your HUSBAND to be 10 years older, if you're both adults it's not problem, however if you're a teenager, even 5 years seems like too much.

mizzladyenvy
7yr ago
2,026 jpops
permalink true! he or she may want diffrent things than you and what they want you may or may not disagree with. but htats a huge age gap. if it's TRUE LUV then it'll work out! :) good luck!

dollielollie
9yr ago
4,657 jpops
permalink absolutely yes! :)

eunmin
9yr ago
2,273 jpops
permalink that's age distance is so long...
it's not right for me...

sweety659
9yr ago
843 jpops
permalink no i dont think it matters i mean i my ex boyfriend was 4 or 5 years older than me

hikariai
9yr ago
14,123 jpops
permalink hmm...i would say no coz i think its important to follow what your heart tells you so yeah~

Kesuhu
9yr ago
11,750 jpops
Quote by sweety659
no i dont think it matters i mean i my ex boyfriend was 4 or 5 years older than me
ALL UR BOYFRIENDS R MUCH OLDER THEN U SWEET :RBangry: :RBstickout: :D XDDDDDDDD don't make me do a forum name <> U know i can do it![edit]Last edit by Kesuhu on Friday 24 Jul, 2009 at 15:59 +0.6%[/edit]

helmsplinter
9yr ago
794 jpops
permalink Well in my opinion, age doesn't matter for the most part. My aunt and uncle are nine years apart as where another pair of my aunt and uncle are eighteen years apart. I personally wouldn't date a guy 18 years older than me or in fact an old geezer that's in his sixties. However, if you two are truly in love with each other, than i don't think it should be a big issue :)

ParasiteJely
9yr ago
4,605 jpops
permalink I think it doesn't matter. There are pairs who married and between their ages are more than 15 years!! So if you love someone then the age shouldn't matter: )
xD
My friend for example thinks that my bf is to old for me (I'm 15, he's 16 and gets 17 this year) Wtf?? two years??? oô

But anyway, I think the age dosen't matter only the real love btw two ppl: )

elenko94
9yr ago
2,065,159 jpops
permalink hm...one of moms "friends" at her work is married to an eleven year older guy =/
but in that case it wasnt love...he was rich..

I think it depends on the ages involved.
If say it's 20 years old dating a 30 year old, this doesnt matter so much in my mind but any younger than that and your treading fragile ground. There are differences between what (for example) a 17 and 27 year old want out of a realtionship.
Having said that it's all about happiness and if you think you can manage it and your friends and family are aware and accepting of it you should make the best out of a good thing.

i can agree on that but i believe love is love...if you love one it doesnt matter...
for example...theres a women in her 30's that likes my dad..hes 56..i think
i dont find it odd..
im really a person that thinks each person has the right to feel what they want..
but all to often thats not the case since there's alot of negative thoughts about it...

your allowed to love him and him...but not him cause hes 10 yrs older than you..
=/ i find it odd to think stuff like that

and dont say its odd when the women is dating 10 years younger guys..
my mom does..because she think the people in her age is so dull...
so please dont say its odd...
besides one of the people she have dated says he loves her and wants to marry her :boogie:
im so happy for her

age is a number on a paper..
if your 40 and feels like 20 then all good..
its when you get older than you real age it turns out odd..

sorry..it strayed abit from topic =/
[edit]Last edit by on Tuesday 11 Aug, 2009 at 02:58 +4.1%[/edit]

RaaRaa
9yr ago
869 jpops
permalink My friends grandparents were 19 years apart and they stil got married so to me age doesn't matter :RBstickout:

JrockIsTehSmex
9yr ago
813 jpops
permalink age doesnt matter to me as long as you love them like everyone else says XD
lol
people think its weird if my bf was 10 years older or 10 years younger it wouldnt matter to me doesnt mean im a pedophile
and i dont mean 10 years younger as in like still a baby
gender doesnt matter with me also
lol off topic
anyways it shouldnt matter

TheThiefKuronue
9yr ago
17,804 jpops
permalink It matters. There wouldn't even be an uncertain thought in your mind if it didn't matter. Now, if you're a thirty year old dating a forty year old, that works. A ten year old dating a twenty year old, however doesn't. It all depends on the circumstances. It's not a matter 'if they are attractive enough' or 'if they look like they're younger/older'. It's all about the mentality. After a certain age (late twenties, normally) everyone tends to 'level out' in their maturity. When people are younger than that, it ends up that people generally are all over the place when it comes to mental maturity. In the long run, like I said, it's all circumstances. Are you both at the same level? If not, it will be a definite cause of problems in the future.

JrockIsTehSmex
9yr ago
813 jpops
permalink yea what the theif said
thast a whooooooooooole nother matter u at least have to be of age
even if ur 18 dating a 40 year old thats stil um....
well
yea what the theif said XD

Gys
9yr ago
68,080 jpops
Quote by LittleSchrei
I think it depends on the ages involved.

yes i agree a bit, if you're 15 and your parrner is 25 than in matters, but when yu're 25 and you're partner is 35 i can understand, but maybe the one who is 35 wants to have a baby or something like that and the one who is just 25 doesn't want one( yet) then you have a problem :confused:

Yukisenshi
9yr ago
1,277 jpops
permalink I think age does not matter as long as their is respect and understanding in the relationship... although personally 10 years is my threshold for older guys and only 5 years for younger guys :P

JustIronic
9yr ago
1,074 jpops
permalink It depends. Teenagers shouldn't have someone who's 10 years older/younger. It'd look weird. When being adult, I don't think it matters that much, as long as there's love.

The reason I said that about the teenagers.. Imagine a 15 year old with a 25 year old. I know someone who had that kind of relationship, okay for her, but I wouldn't want it myself. A 25 year old with a 35 year old is much more acceptable to me ^^'

Jieh5Embers
9yr ago
1,419 jpops
permalink I've dated a girl 3 years older than me. she was very kind, a big sister figure actually.. but it didn't weird me out.

i guess it depends on how the relationship is. who's taking care of who, who's the one leading, which one of you holds more responsibility, who is in a position of holding more respect... yah, i guess it all depends.

in my experience, I'm generally the one giving the respect, but that can go both ways, older or younger..

I wouldn't want a girl who is TOO much younger than me... then it feels like i'm babysitting. if she was a few years my junior, but acted in a manner that was more adult like, i'd appreciate her and respect her.

With an older girl/woman, I'm automatically GIVING her the respect she deserves because i view her in that way, no matter what.[edit]Last edit by on Tuesday 18 Aug, 2009 at 09:23 +58.5%[/edit]

KagamiMYV
9yr ago
1,751 jpops
permalink I agree with JustIronic, age does matter while you are teenagers. Especially if you are under 16 or if you are going out with somebody under 16. In these cases you run the risk of getting your partner into trouble with the law, or you might find yourself in trouble if things don't work out properly.

SimplyStrange
9yr ago
284 jpops
permalink Age matters depending on the ages.
Personally I think anyone under 20 really should try to keep an age limit. Like under 15 stick to people within 2 years of your age and people 16-19 can date people within 4 years. The older people get the more responsible I think they are in a relationship and are able to comprehend love and what it really is.
I'm not saying people in high school don't understand, it's just that most of the time they just don't give it much merit or think of it lightly.

kateeee0000
9yr ago
971 jpops
permalink if it's a 5 year age difference, i think it would be okay(6years max, for me)..
but then, it just for me.. if you truly love and understand eachother, i think age wouldn't matter. other people may not undertand it but you're the one who feels it, not them. :D

xAddictz
9yr ago
4,775 jpops
Quote by kateeee0000
if it's a 5 year age difference, i think it would be okay(6years max, for me)..
but then, it just for me.. if you truly love and understand eachother, i think age wouldn't matter. other people may not undertand it but you're the one who feels it, not them. :D

I agree with you. :3

deathmaid95
9yr ago
1,429 jpops
permalink some would say yes some would say no...i would say it depends on the person...if ur partner is 10 yrs older thn u and ur ok wth it who m i to say no...so i think its all up to the person , if they dont mind an older partner no1 should hv the rite to say its not rite!

Lawrence620
9yr ago
306 jpops
permalink i dont think it SHOULD matter but it people think it does, especialy for some guys (like me) who likes girls younger than them. but me personaly, i dont mind if she's 10-20 years younger than me as long as it's not the other way around lol, but i dont mind 5 years is still fine. so it's a matter of preference and as i've said, it shouldnt change your opinion about a person, age is just a number ^_^

silvermyst
9yr ago
212 jpops
permalink Age shouldn't matter in any relationship. 10 is just a number. :)

NichkhunLover0x
9yr ago
12,177 jpops
permalink Well age won't matter for some people, they just look for people they like alot and just go for it.. their not intereted in age. but i think age does matter sometimes, like for example if its 10 years it's too much. well to me i think its wrong. i would only go for 5 years older and not to much. but i think age doesnt really matter .. like if you really like this person and you think he/she is good for you just go for it and don;t worry about the age too much. But sometimes age can get in the way for relationships like .. "Your too young, I cant like someone 3-4 years younger than me" And " Your really older than me i can;t like you" stuff like that xD

SixPackSamurai
9yr ago
1,569 jpops
permalink It doesn't matter unless one of them is a significantly underaged person (although this varies from country to country). Beyond that, as long as the relationship works, it is not important. People can find someone who they get along well with/are compatible with in such a wide range of other people.

Fouzhende
9yr ago
2,805 jpops
permalink my 16 year old friend dated a 54 year old. age matters.

elenko94
9yr ago
2,065,159 jpops
Quote by Fouzhende
my 16 year old friend dated a 54 year old. age matters.

lolz, yes..sorry but there gotta be a limit to it..
i would think that old guys shouldnt be intersted in little girls..but then again, maybe they are..idk, i put a pedo label on them, im sorry 'bout that
but that is a huge age difference..

deathgirl56
9yr ago
741 jpops
Quote by Fouzhende

o.O wow that is old.
age does matters.

anri
9yr ago
550 jpops
Quote by Fouzhende

:surprised: i'd usually say age doesn't matter...but that's really weird. no offense.
in that case, age does matter. definitely.
but 10-15 year difference [or 20...but that's sorta pushing it...] i don't think that is TOO weird.
if they are happy, then i'm fine with it :smilec:

in middle school, i knew this girl who was dating a 21 year old...and they weren't just dating [if-you-get-what-i-mean!! :RBohNo: ]
pedo much? :no:

Azndramalover76
9yr ago
282 jpops
permalink I KiNDA 0F THiNk AGE D0ES MATTER iN A RELATi0NSHiP BUT I MEAN iF PE0PLE ARE iN L0VE THEN Y0U CAN'T BLAME THEM THEiR iN L0VE S0 THEN iT W0ULDN'T MATTER CAUSE I kN0W AL0T 0F PE0PLE THAT ARE iN L0VE & THEiR LikE 10-15 YEARS APART BUT F0R ME HE DEFiNiTELY HAS T0 BE 0LDER THEN ME! :smilec:

greytemplar
9yr ago
3,126 jpops
permalink Age doesnt matter at all, FROM a certain perspective. I mean in the OP case of 10 years... it definently matters if the younger person is under age (as in under the age of 16 imo) but if you are both mature and love each other then no, age doesnt matter.

Meia
9yr ago
4,232 jpops
permalink I don't think age really matters. It's the true love that counts as age is not a factor in love.
My aunt is married to her husband who is 15 years older and they are happy with each other compared to my friend's parents who are only 2 years apart.
It all depends on the couple, how much they understand each other and how far can they try to understand each others minds. Surely they will try to if they really love each other.

But then again, if it's someone below 20 years of age dating someone 10 years older then it does matters.

Karensmatik
9yr ago
132,761 jpops
permalink [i]Regardless of how much love is shared between two people, age DOES indeed matter. Especially when one of the lovers is under the legal age of that country. One doesn't have to seek acceptance of others, because at the end of the day, the life they have to live is their's, but they need to think about how many obstacle they may have to overcome, depending on the gap of age.

I don't like seeing 14 year olds with ANYONE over 20, it just seems wrong to me. I do feel, however, and 18 year old and a 30 year old have more of a shot. There's a lot more that can be shared, intellectually. (Because seriously, how many 14 year olds are as grown up as they claim to be?) There is a difference between having a mature mind frame and being mature. Okay, rant over~ [/i]

nyappyxgoxmimi
9yr ago
16,895 jpops
permalink To me, it does. I mean if the guy is say,1 or 2 years older than me, then I suppose that's ok. Yet I wouldn't date someone 10 years older than me - not at this point anyway.

Instead of typing out all my thoughts, I'll just have to say that I completley agree with everything Karensmatik said. :)
[And yeah, I'm going to be honest - I'm not really as grown up as I say I am. :laughing: I've realized that already.XD]
[edit]Last edit by nyappyxgoxmimi on Friday 20 Nov, 2009 at 23:53 +1.8%[/edit]

Back  |  Forums    First help by dating and love problems    Does age matter in a relationship?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service