Do you like kpop better than jpop? both? why?

136 posts  ·  created 7yr ago by Asuka09  ·  last post 6mo ago
Back  |  Forums    K-Pop central    Do you like kpop better than jpop? both? why?

Asuka09
7yr ago
577 jpops
permalink Technically this can both go into the Jpop forum and Kpop forum but I had to choose where to post it.

So I love both, and started off with jpop, but I have grown to like kpop a lot more, I think I find Korean to be the best language for music. It just flows to me. That and the beats that certain kpop bands have are more upbeat or easier to dance to.

Dont get me wrong I love both but when it comes to jamming out, kpop.

I like jpop better when it comes to more meaningfull ballads and slower love songs though. I think it is because I can understand the language better and that it makes it more personal. Like Ayaka's song Why. But there are just my thoughts and wanted to ask you all.

asianyesasian
3yr ago
73 jpops
permalink I had origanlly loved jpop I was jpop crazed like jpop everything but now I came across kpop imreally liking it!!!I feel so bad that I don't wanna just not like jpop especially since I know Japanese but when I listen to Korean music it is woah im like ahhh I don't understand !! so I like jpop cuz I know what they are saying and I can sing alond and they are too cute but kpop is really sawying my heart and I don't even know anymore so imam just say I like both in their own way because they both got different stlyes. why compare two different things...there is nothing to compare! kpop j pop cpop apop you like what you like cuz they all unique!!!!! (^_^*)

NingyoHime
7yr ago
1,720 jpops
permalink i like both. but i think i like k-pop better. why? the guys are hotter ;) , the songs are more of my taste, they have ALOT of good beats, it flows better.

why i like japanese? its more poetic and in some songs it sounds better than in korean. :D

Asuka09
7yr ago
577 jpops
Quote by NingyoHime
i like both. but i think i like k-pop better. why? the guys are hotter ;) , the songs are more of my taste, they have ALOT of good beats, it flows better.

why i like japanese? its more poetic and in some songs it sounds better than in korean. :D

Hahah I have to agree wit you there as well. Eps the Hot guys part. LOL

NingyoHime
7yr ago
1,720 jpops
permalink lol yea, and i agree with you on the part when you said that you grew up liking j-pop more. lol thats exactly how i was. I use to watch alot of anime when i was younger(about 6. i think i stopped at about 11 1/2-ish). it all started with sailor moon!! when i got older, i just started listening to superjunior and later-on discovered tohoshinki :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: OH MY GAWD! IM SO GLAD I FOUND THEM. and my sole mate (max :D ) lol. then after that, i was reading comments on youtube and people started mentioning about these people called big bang. so i looked them up and fell in love with THEM!! haha!! thats how i got into k-pop. then found this website from searching lyrics to nuna neomu yepuh (replay) by shinee.[edit]Last edit by NingyoHime on Friday 22 Jan, 2010 at 20:29 +1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by NingyoHime on Friday 22 Jan, 2010 at 20:29 +2%[/edit]

tohoshinki5
7yr ago
25,703 jpops
permalink I got started on jpop too but right now, I'm really into kpop
I think I've said this somewhere before but japanese music isn't really changing... JE boys have been doing their thing in those same outfits for 50 years now and they're still topping the charts
people's tastes aren't changing so the music isn't either... or could it be the other way around?
but kpop is always changing. just looking at 2009, there was the domination of girl groups and a lot more groups from companies outside of SM, JYP and YG.
eh hem.... and no offence, kpop artists are actually trained.... I don't know what they teach them about singing in JE....
don't hate me, I'm a JE fan too but JE is more like an extra-curricular thing for the idols while for kpop artists, it's their full time job. you can see the difference in the quality of music they produce.

but I still love my jpop!! Their idols may not compare to Korea's but Japan has amazing solo artists and bands!!

juntashin
7yr ago
3,350 jpops
permalink hmmm i have to say jpop i feel in love with it when i discover being a fan to morning musume and other hello!project and akb48 now hehe haha yeah jpop more

Weeeee
7yr ago
151 jpops
permalink Currently, I'm into Jpop :)

But to actually pick between Jpop and Kpop it is such a hard thing to do :RBcrying: No, wait ... I can pick between them :RBkiss: but at certain times only :RBstickout:

Would listen to Jpop when I felt the need to relax my mind :RBhalo: Jpop songs have nice and smooth beats in thier ballad songs :RBheart: Not to mention that Jpop songs have meaningful lyrics too :totallylove:

Meanhile for Kpop, they have very catchy and dancable beats :otsu: When a beat of a Kpop song pops up in my mind, my mind just screams 'dance you idiot!' :laugh: There is no mistake there, not to mention the korean guys :jangel: I think you get what I was trying to say right? :P

Speaking honestly, even if I'm into Jpop right now, Kpop is still Number 1 in my heart :lovec: Kpop songs are just incomparable to Jpop songs :RBohNo: and that is my opinion :laugh: Let's just hope that internet won't bail on me this time:surprised:[edit]Last edit by Weeeee on Saturday 23 Jan, 2010 at 07:19 +3.2%[/edit]

wetundertherain
7yr ago
1,558 jpops
permalink Kpop absolutely. Even though the trendy songs nowadays aren't very meaningful when it comes to lyrics (except some rare ballad songs), but I find that the melody and music in Kpop is more sophisticated than japanese ones. (Then again, since I don't listen to japanese music as much as Kpop, maybe I haven't listened to japanese ones atmy taste yet? Well so far, I didn't so I'll just continue on with my point) What I like about Korean songs is that they usually start off soft, and then go crescendo until the climax part which is a totally different. It's like part A+B+A'+B'+C +A. (For people who don't do music, part A is the first melody and A' is the first melody but modified only a little and same thing with B. C is the super climax and ya. That's it) Korean singers that I listen to also have a way that they treat their vibrato and held notes that I like, it's very smooth and beautiful. And when they do dance songs, they always have a cool dance that comes with it. Between Cpop, Jpop and Kpop, I say that Kpop definetly has the nicest dances. Kpop celebrities are also hotter I find. I mean, since Japan likes people who look mixed and half asian with very pronounced western undertones (though sometimes they look like westerners. Period)I don't really feel attracted to that, because we've got a lot of westerners here in Canada ^^. Not that I don't find westerners attractive, but I still prefer asian people. I also like how completely wild Kpop idols are on variety shows. They make me laugh so bad (or so good...?). I also like to listen/sing to the korean language better.

lissofunny
7yr ago
7,588 jpops
permalink even though i started liking jpop first, i'll have to say kpop.
idk, i guess jpop is just too lacking in substance if you know what i mean. don't get me wrong, there are good jpop songs just like there are bad kpop songs but in my opinion, kpop is an obvious winner.

the melody, the format of the song, the background music and jpop songs in general just don't really measure up to the standards of an amazing song. Everything just sounds too simple and with a lot of songs, you can tell that not a lot of effort was put into composing it.

also, it seems that japan's music really isn't going anywhere. the 'fashionable' hairstyles never change, the clothes fashion never changes, the popular song genres never change etc.

:D lol, have to agree that a lot of the korean guy groups are much better looking that the japanese guy groups.

NingyoHime
7yr ago
1,720 jpops
permalink lol. i just realized it but most of the japanese songs that i DO listen to...are sung by koreans. hahahahaha[edit]Last edit by NingyoHime on Saturday 06 Feb, 2010 at 21:11 +0.9%[/edit]

katy1366
7yr ago
8,951 jpops
permalink since the question is posted in Kpop forum..most answers goes to preferance of K-pop..
I found this question in General Music Forum as well..and thought it was the best place to ask either you're into Jpop or Kpop?

here it is : http://www.jpopasia.com/forums/viewMessages/k-pop-or-j-pop.html?tid=7239&p=1

anyways..I pasted my answer here as well

well for me it's J-pop
first I was into K-pop and I enjoyed their style
but when I tried J-pop..I understood that J-pop is so mature and more meaningful camaparing to K-pop.
Now I can't enjoy K-pop that much,I believe K-pop still needs time to grow more mature.
I loved the concept and meanings in J-music wholly..
they give you a moment to think deep
and they have various music generes..which shows how well-designed their music is..besides I can get better connection with Japanese Language..I think it is so soft and sweet and therefore is nearer to my mother-tongue accent!:-)

in brief...
Jpop rockes!

I overally believe that Kpop is mostly for a moment of fun..which is really needed indead!:D

feebz
7yr ago
9,116 jpops
permalink I too started out listening to Jpop and I really do like Jpop... but I dunno I'm slowly leaning towards Kpop.

My first Jpop group [might be able too guess...] sang beautiful songs that had lyrics with deep meaning. But then I realized that a lot of the songs I enjoyed listening to were for their dramas as in I was more into their acting careers than their music.

My first Kpop group on the other hand [possibly easy to guess too...] had albums and actually songs that were both beautiful and dancable (<- is tht how u spell it?). Plus they are more current, the music I enjoy listening too.

I still don't know how I truly feel but like my teacher said [wow im quoting a teacher] "It hurts to sit on the fence, so pick a side!" I think I'll fall onto the Kpop Garden, but I still like Jpop.

Ps. Japanese Guys and Korean Guys are Hott! ♥

senda008
7yr ago
1,991 jpops

i love k-pop more than j-pop because i love the koreans voice yeah japanese are good singers too but i like korean much :RBheart: :totallylove:

ichigobanana
7yr ago
3,174 jpops
permalink Yesh oddly I found out that I like K-pop better than J-pop. And Idk I guess it's because the music resembles stuff that people produce over in the states. So naturally I'm just more attracted to it...but I still loves my boyband groups in Japan ^^[edit]Last edit by ichigobanana on Friday 29 Jan, 2010 at 13:59 +3.2%[/edit]

Padel
7yr ago
209,860 jpops
permalink In my personal opinion, music is just like fashion.. It come n gone with the cycle of life & whatever is more appealing to the masses will eventually will be more popular. The success of the Korean Wave, I guess influenced the favourities towards Kpop. Growing watching japanese anime n their awesome opening n ending songs caught me into listening Jpop & now Kpop are more appealing with their K-dramas n a lot more easier to the ear songs (especially mine dat is :joops: )

mizzladyenvy
5yr ago
2,026 jpops
permalink I agree! :)

febvil
7yr ago
394 jpops
permalink i love jpop coz their songs are really really meaningful...for me.. and i like to listen to live bands and acoustics...hearing the drums and guitars....and i can sing along with it, too..nihonggo / jap language is easier to learn and pronounce than korean. :RBblush:
i love kpop too...nice background music.we can dance to the rhythm..LOL..and there are lots of groupies comparing to jpop...

all in all...
i love both of them and if ever i had to choose only one i don't know what i'd do..
probably go insane...hahahaha

k321o
7yr ago
107 jpops
permalink i guess most people would say the same..
they start with j-pop but then end up liking k-pop. lol ^^
i love both, but my case is just the same. starting with j-pop but then end up loving k-pop.
well, my reason is.. because catching up k-pop news and stuffs in internet are much easier than trying to follow j-pop. that's my opinion. :RBconfused:
actually, i have to catch up everything from the internet, cause my country doesn't have any facilities besides internet to serve foreign stuffs. that's one of the reason i chose k-pop.
lol..

bubbletea624
7yr ago
1,491 jpops
permalink I <3 both even though I'm a Jap myself~
Asians in general have good music.
-nods-
;)

MatsuCarol
1yr ago
183 jpops
permalink so true..

NichkhunLover0x
7yr ago
12,177 jpops
permalink For me defo Kpop ^^ But i do like JPOP, although i rarely listen to jpop.
Kpop.. Why? Because the beat and everything is just cool! ^^ The idols are HAWT! (boys) The girls are pretty. Love the way the Mv is and the sound of the songs. I just love KPOP xD Kpop ruined my life xD (in a good way) Kpop is my life now a days haha xD.
I only listen to kpop, and sometimes Jpop ^^ Although i don't understand what their saying i still love the way they sound keke~ ^^
I know i write alot xD

OnlyFaith
7yr ago
342 jpops
permalink I listen to kpop more than jpop but it's only because the songs are so catchy. You know I honestly feel like Kpop artist have more flavor than the japanese..Thats just my opinion. But I still like Jpop because japanese is my mother tongue

jobm
7yr ago
305 jpops
permalink Personally, I just don't like kpop but I love it! I love the language, the singers, the dances, the melody...everything! But jpop, I rarely listen to jpop. The only artist I love in jpop is Utada Hikaru.
Go kpop! Go jpop!

Tuni
7yr ago
82 jpops
permalink Kpop because J pop is it's kid brother XD
just kdding. i converted into Kpop thanks to Big Bang's this Love MV. Well.. Mostly G Dragon XD

I think Jpop needs to do better, cause seriously, K pop is dying. D B S K is gone. If there is no K pop, and J pop hasn't changed, what'll we do :RBconfused:

Either way, Japanese songs I like are upbeat ones from animes. That's about it. I gave up on NewS after I listened to their song where they were singing about blood types. Tru fax. :RBstickout:

liaminamino
7yr ago
4,418 jpops
permalink Hmm.... both but I prefer kpop because kpop have a melody like western song and unique language :hihi:

sometimes I hearding jpop must third times to I like it but kpop just once time :otsu: :)

hwaiting7
6yr ago
99 jpops
permalink i LOVE K-POP! j-pop is okay, but i'm like addicted to k-pop X), i really like how they mostly have girl/boy groups and also their music, style, dance/choreography, outfits, language, culture, etc. maybe that's why? but probably the main reason is because of their their songs/music and lyrics :D and of course, the k-pop artists themselves and the other fans out there make it even better XD[edit]Last edit by hwaiting7 on Thursday 17 Jun, 2010 at 22:59 +1.2%[/edit]

keisai
6yr ago
92 jpops
permalink [size=9]honestly, i love BOTH!
but, i think i love jpop more.
o love jpop since i was kinder.
then, i learned to love kpop last march 2009 because of u-kiss and super junior. :)
but, really, my favorite GROUP ever is NEWS~! [/size]

rokkaroku
6yr ago
384 jpops
permalink HONESTLY I LIKE JPOP BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND IT MORE I AM A NOVICE AT SPEAKING JAPANESE BUT I UNDERSTAND JPOP MORE THAN KPOP BUTI LOVE THEM BOTH THE SAME I JUST UNDERSTAND JPOP MORE

tope
6yr ago
166 jpops
permalink When I was young, i listen to jpop and even jrock because of anime themes. I love GTO then. Then a friend of mine introduced me to the songs of Kwon Boa where I became aware of kpop. As time goes, i get used to kpop. Until now, i listened more to kpop than jpop. Thanks to Big Bang, i became aware of the kpop world..

YuriChan
5yr ago
43,656 jpops
permalink Well because [i]both[/i] is an option... I'll pick both ;) :D

Syn2554
5yr ago
177 jpops
permalink I like the sound of Korean more than Japanese. It'a more of a chalenge, too. and NingyoHime is right - they're hotter XD

royalcandy
5yr ago
355,243 jpops
permalink JPOP, simply because I choose quality over trend.

5yr ago
9,755 jpops
permalink This.

MistOnTheMeadow
5yr ago
186 jpops
permalink I like Jpop, but I looooove Kpop
I don't know why...
maybe because the idols are soooo sexy... hehe

BillUtley
5yr ago
209 jpops
permalink To me Kpop is very western influenced. Jpop is more unique. Not to say I like one more than the other. I am simply a music lover of all types.

MintyKid
5yr ago
4,949 jpops
permalink To me it all depends on my mood. Kpop brings my act silly and get up and dance type of mood while Jpop either brings out my "I wanna relax or rock out" type of mood. It very hard to just pick one since I listen to them just about the same.

animelove702
5yr ago
563 jpops
permalink i used to love jpop and anime songs a lot
but then a friend introduced me to kpop or per say BIG BANG and i was hooked.
so i love kpop more that jpop...but i still listen to jpop mainly anime but ya

i love the upbeat hip hop type music...idk maybe cuz kpop is sorta westernized a bit...idk but i just love it! :)

yasoshlasuma
5yr ago
179,599 jpops
permalink i prefer kpop becoz it continues to change and the concepts are always abiut being cute, they show different sindes. jpop to me is too cute.... its mostly girls in school uniforms singing with a childish voice and i cant stand it. there r some good jpiop singers that dont do that, but they are a minority in the jpop industry.
kpop somngs also change melody, but jpop stays the same sort of.

however, jrock bands such as Aldious r amazing.

Mysterious
5yr ago
32,103 jpops
permalink I like both of them :). I think each of them has their own attraction.
In general I love Asian music <3

kiRabon
5yr ago
164 jpops
permalink both!! i can't really explain why but i think since music is a universal language so why should compare one to another one
beside i'll listen to any music/song that i like where ever it is come from ;)

Analisa
5yr ago
6,329 jpops
permalink I like both..
but I more prefer JPOP especially Matsushita Yuya...
yes, who are not know about Yuya-kun...
I recommend u this song:-bird, trust me, super drive, foolish-foolish, last snow, mr. broken heart, lonely rain, L.o.L (love or lust), paradise, naturally, honesty, you, secret love ...

~have a nice day~ ^^

humichan
5yr ago
6,546 jpops
permalink i like jpop more than kpop !
its because jpop has a verity of genre than kpop and also jpop is like more into meaning full songs and stuff ..
kpop songs are like american songs ( if you know what i mean)
sure the songs are catchy but their is no uniqueness in the songs .jpop on the other hand has a unique rythm in their songs !since most of the people prefer listening to american songs they also prefer kpop ! because they sound almost the same !
most of the jpop artist like scandal, perfume work hard to come up in their carrier and become famous ! but in kpop most of them are more into looks , ok/good in singing ,good body etc..most of the artists are hired by companies! and if the companies do not like them for certain reasons , they just kick them out and replace another .I have heard that alot ! i like kpop too ! kpop have soooo many goodlooking men ! now if you see even jpop bands / artist like kat tun , yamapi , etc are famous in korea !
and one one thing that jpop has and kpop dosent ! is jrock !!!!!!!!
the song ,rythm, style is just different and that unique genre is in japan only !
i love JPOP ! and jpop will live forever !
gabatte to all jpop artists !! :)

humichan
5yr ago
6,546 jpops
permalink i like jpop more than kpop !
its because jpop has a verity of genre than kpop and also jpop is like more into meaning full songs and stuff ..
kpop songs are like american songs ( if you know what i mean)
sure the songs are catchy but their is no uniqueness in the songs .jpop on the other hand has a unique rythm in their songs !since most of the people prefer listening to american songs they also prefer kpop ! because they sound almost the same !
most of the jpop artist like scandal, perfume work hard to come up in their carrier and become famous ! but in kpop most of them are more into looks , ok/good in singing ,good body etc..most of the artists are hired by companies! and if the companies do not like them for certain reasons , they just kick them out and replace another .I have heard that alot ! i like kpop too ! kpop have soooo many goodlooking men ! now if you see even jpop bands / artist like kat tun , yamapi , etc are famous in korea !
and one one thing that jpop has and kpop dosent ! is jrock !!!!!!!!
the song ,rythm, style is just different and that unique genre is in japan only !
i love JPOP ! and jpop will live forever !
gabatte to all jpop artists !! :)

Melt
5yr ago
336 jpops
permalink I Totally Agree With You! JPOP 4ever!

honey93
5yr ago
4,165 jpops
permalink I prefer k-pop!
My sister introduce me the k-pop world :)

Nomiiin
5yr ago
2,634 jpops
permalink .. i like kpop more!
I think its better, because
1. jpop artists are looking much younger than they are ( that gaves me a shock ex. Hey!say!JUMP). T_T
2. kpop idols' dance is just amazing and everytime different!
3. kpop idols are (to me!) handsomer.
4. its just i love the beat :3 <3
5. no reason anymore XD i dont know exactly why, but.. i love kpop so much :3

aceponkana
5yr ago
3,884 jpops
permalink I like JPOP better :)
I don't even know why I'm here lol xD
but reading the comments of people about kpop being better then kpop made me teary-eyed T_T
IMHO (don't hurt me)
kpop lacks passion but their music is very upbeat that it hypnotizes people. And they have more marketing back-up to support theiir popularity. Also, it's more about the outside that counts. they're doing this thing called market penetration, that's why they're diving inside the jpop industry where it used to be popular and they took over what jpop had until they have succesfully created their own identity

Jpop = more passion..less marketing (esp. coz they license eveything in youtube) They don't care much about looks as long as u are talented..

That's why I wanna be a marketing specialist and work in the Japanese music industry and fix how they do things..create artists, boybands or girlgroups that will brainwash ur grandchildren xD (my dream) <3

I'm sorry if I wrote too much xD don't write tl;dr (it annoys me)

Rainbowswirl
5yr ago
138 jpops
permalink I love K-pop because it's just simply amazing!
J-pop used to be cool, but to me, it sounds all the same (cutesy) after listening to K-pop..

JustIronic
5yr ago
894 jpops
permalink I prefer jpop. They have personality. Kpop is like.. robots singing and dancing.

Back  |  Forums    K-Pop central    Do you like kpop better than jpop? both? why?
JpopAsia   © 2016             Privacy             Terms