Do you know any unique/unusual/exotic languages?

51 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by Genji7640X  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Languages    Do you know any unique/unusual/exotic languages?

Genji7640X
9yr ago
2,454 jpops
permalink As in, you rarely hear of it, it doesn't have many speakers, in an exotic location, etc. :RBstickout: The most exotic one that I know of is probably "Haida"..

By know, I mean "know of". You don't actually have to speak the language. :giggle: :)[edit]Last edit by Genji7640X on Saturday 19 Sep, 2009 at 11:48 +39.6%[/edit]

yeapXD
9yr ago
28,160 jpops
permalink Hmong, not much people know about it if you dont live in area surround by them.

elenko94
9yr ago
2,053,962 jpops
permalink well...finnish is pretty unique :laughing:
dont know a single word in it...
and swedish maybe is unique or unsual..but not exotic XD
proof i can write swedish ÅÄÖ
maybe not a good proof.. >.<

ryanpark
9yr ago
141 jpops
permalink I know tut. lol!

regularsurvivor
9yr ago
157 jpops
permalink Unfortunately I don't know any exotic language :RBcrying: ,
but I would like to learn one.

ElluMellu
9yr ago
283 jpops
permalink I think Estnian is quite unique language. :RBkiss:
Although it is a language that i use in my everyday life...it´s not that known.
It is spoken by about 1.1 million people worldwide.
Estonian is also only language that has a letter "õ" in it ... and has fourteen different cases. :RBundecided:

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I am learning Gaelic. This is the original language spoken by the Scottish people. There are still many people that speak it. Still it is a language that is dying out. Some of us are learning it in an attempt to keep it from becoming a lost language.

I also speak circus speak. It is vernacular spoken by people who are in the circus. To the best of my knowledge a lot fewer people speak this than speak Gaelic.

Just for yucks I have my own short hand that i use to write my books and notes to myself. I am the only person on the planet that can write and read it.

DviCo
9yr ago
414 jpops
permalink I'm speaking in one quite exotic ( i couldn't say exotic) language. It is Lithuanian. This lenguage is added to most hardest lenguages in the world to learn i think for it's grammer (it realy suck) i don't know realy if any other lenguage have this leters: Ą Č Ę Ė Į Š Ų Ū Ž :D

Tahmnong
9yr ago
949 jpops
permalink My friend is Hmong and she can speak it, she tried to teach me some words since it's kind of similar to Thai, but I forgot already xD

I also had a friend who was Mien (Another hilltribe of southeast asia), he only taught me not-so-nice phrases in his language though xDD;

Ragintt
9yr ago
580 jpops
permalink Lithuanian is quite exotic then Latvian is also. It is spoken by about 2 million people worldwide. And Latvian is in the same language family with Lithuanian. I have learned Latvian in school because it's only official language in Latvia.

BlitZeD93
9yr ago
9,690 jpops
permalink Singlish! It's English with singapore twist :D

Not sure if that fulfills your criterion, but its uniquely spoken by Singaporeans worldwide. It's so unique that you'll be able to tell them apart from a distance :)

FireChild
9yr ago
5,817 jpops
Quote by Zeeppo
I am learning Gaelic. This is the original language spoken by the Scottish people. There are still many people that speak it. Still it is a language that is dying out. Some of us are learning it in an attempt to keep it from becoming a lost language.

I also speak circus speak. It is vernacular spoken by people who are in the circus. To the best of my knowledge a lot fewer people speak this than speak Gaelic.

Just for yucks I have my own short hand that i use to write my books and notes to myself. I am the only person on the planet that can write and read it.

Gaelic is far from a lost language, its spoken in both Scotland and Irland justto name a few places isle of man is another one when i come to think about it. When I lived in Scotland they even hadprograms in gaelic on TV just to keep the language alive ;)...

Excotic langages.. Well i speak Swedish,Norwegian,Danish,German and some french.. now I am working hard on my Japanese since i am moving there :D... Then I willleave it up to you guys to judge if it's exotic or now.

peachmario
9yr ago
2,159 jpops
permalink I speak alot of Brazilian Portuguese,,but I'm not very fluent. It's similar to spanish,which is one of my native languages so it was very easy to catch on.

In the city I live in,It's considered unique ^^[edit]Last edit by peachmario on Thursday 19 Nov, 2009 at 19:15 +8.3%[/edit]

BlueBuda
9yr ago
426,711 jpops
permalink Swiss-german rocks, their are no rules (grammar, writing, speaking etc) , no dictionary from to learn of if u wanna learn swiss-german you have to come to switzerland or a Swiss person is teaching you the language

NingyoHime
9yr ago
1,720 jpops
permalink unusual? well i dont but i know some Mediterranean guys that speak Albanian.

theyre hot 2 lol :giggle:

Maddiechan
9yr ago
543 jpops
permalink what about elvish? xD

i wanted to learn it.. but it takes sooo much time...

nielle08
9yr ago
1,626 jpops
permalink exotic one>>>>?

probably the most unusual language that i've heard is the language of Bushmen.... the one with many clicking sounds... i guess that's really hard to speak.

yeah bushmen, the ones in the film "the Gods Must Be Crazy"

bladecrimson
8yr ago
122 jpops
permalink Al-Bhed ftw!
Is Arabic considered exotic? If it is, then I'm a fluent exotic language speaker! :D

Debee
8yr ago
604 jpops
permalink MUSIC. Yes, music is the most exotic languange I ever learned and speak.. Have you tried one??[edit]Last edit by Debee on Wednesday 10 Feb, 2010 at 09:00 +4.3%[/edit]

Debee
8yr ago
604 jpops
permalink MUSIC. Yes, music is the most exotic languange I ever learned and speak.. Have you tried one??[edit]Last edit by Debee on Wednesday 10 Feb, 2010 at 09:01 +4.3%[/edit]

redeyes143
8yr ago
6,096 jpops
Quote by BlitZeD93
Singlish! It's English with singapore twist :D

Not sure if that fulfills your criterion, but its uniquely spoken by Singaporeans worldwide. It's so unique that you'll be able to tell them apart from a distance :)

Singlish is a unique :D

kawairen
8yr ago
6,670 jpops
permalink i'm taiwanese american so i kno some taiwanese...i suck tho...i wanna learn more ^^ it's a really cool language :D

bokunenjin
8yr ago
1,359 jpops
permalink Indonesian sounds exotic, and apparently it really easy to learn.

SkyHeArt
6yr ago
43,628 jpops
permalink if u know that a fact says that indonesian language are more difficult to learn than english.. but i like that it's my native language

kasumixkira
6yr ago
1,456 jpops
permalink The most exotic language I can think of (for my own interests) is Finnish. The sounds of that language are beautiful.

For the most unusual, I'd say Old English, the one language I really really want to learn above anything else.

lexicona
6yr ago
355 jpops
permalink I speak a little Quichua/Kichwa, which is an indigenous language of Ecuador. It's really neat, and I learned a little when I was out in the areas near the mountains and volcanoes, where some people did not speak even Spanish, only this.

Cactus
2yr ago
1,127 jpops
permalink wow, really? I was learning some not too long ago! I thought it was the most random and obscure thing.. XD

Khay
6yr ago
2,149 jpops
permalink Unique language?! Of course I know! "BURGLISH'!

Merge with Myanmar Sar [Burma] with English, results burglish! Hello in "Mingalapar". LOL :P

MelodYume
6yr ago
2,813 jpops
permalink I don't speak any unusual language, but I can say there are many indigenous languages spoken in small communities in Brazil. But these groups are a minority, indians also speak Portuguese so... The only thing I know about these languages is that they are very very very different and lent some words for the Brazilian Portuguese vocabulary.

MeiYo
6yr ago
157 jpops
permalink I speak Lithuanian. I heard it's hard, but it's my native language. I don't think it's very exotic.
Lol.. but sometimes my English is better than Lithuanian.
Also I speak in Japanese. This language is very exotic to me and I really like it. :3

spiderpig
6yr ago
393 jpops
permalink i know some quechua, but not enough to hold a conversation :/...btw quechua was spoken in the andes(south america) in the 1500s(roughly), it was also spoken by the incas

dotzcute90
6yr ago
179,417 jpops
permalink Batak,, one of Indonesian tribe.. i can understand a little the language

Miki
6yr ago
2,730,321 jpops
permalink I speak Estonian, Estonia is 133d on the list of smallest countries in the world out of 249, but there is no other country in the world that speaks this language so...

OLA
6yr ago
54,683 jpops
permalink hmmm think about it ... ~` I don't speak any unusual language.... i know spanish and english which are popular... korean is for me exotic and i want to learn it :) and i speak polish, my native language which is hmm.. sometimes weird and quite difficult i think ^^

KaiRayne
6yr ago
60,514 jpops
permalink im bias...Hawai'ian...sounds like a mele...song. hehehe ^^

jamesxie
6yr ago
5,227 jpops
permalink I know Sephardi Hebrew. (^_^)

nisakusumaa
6yr ago
416 jpops
permalink exotic language from my country is tegal laguage. is really full of accent when they speak it. if you hear it, you will laugh because wow that's so reallyreally full of accent

haruharu13
6yr ago
1,039 jpops
permalink Haha I know a little bit of Swahilli does it count if I'm not fluent? lol

SkyHeArt
6yr ago
43,628 jpops
permalink My country have so many native language.. and they're very exotic and nice to hear.. ^^

SkyHeArt
6yr ago
43,628 jpops
permalink even a place that only 100 km far away have a different accent of speaking..

Hellen2003
6yr ago
2,427 jpops
permalink i don't know any of them, maybe malaysian english and chinese...

klodjana
5yr ago
180 jpops
permalink I'm speaking Greek!!! it is considered to be one of the most difficult languages :) and its roots are back in the ancient times :D

jaden1992
5yr ago
276,260 jpops
permalink Maori is pretty unique, only spoken in New Zealand and another variation in the Cook Islands. It is closely related to other languages in the pacific aswell but not identically. For example Kia ora is hello in New Zealand but in the Cook Islands hello is Kia orana.

Lazuardiharuhi
5yr ago
-6,968 jpops
permalink I think Arabic and Russian :p

AdriaLeticia
5yr ago
3,126 jpops
permalink Well, I don't know if it's what your looking for, but... Brazilian Portuguese!
Is known for being one of the hardest languages to learn...
Surely because of the grammar >.<

Carrotamination
3yr ago
29,098 jpops
permalink Possibly Pandjabi, Taki-Taki, Igbo or Ainu

eyramhaye
3yr ago
10,657 jpops
permalink Basque, Gaelic, and the African ethnic languages (involves clicking of the tongue and other sounds that I dunno how anyone could spell)

Reighle13
3yr ago
17,010 jpops
permalink Exotic huh.. I don't know any though it's fun to learn one

Zeina
3yr ago
12,071 jpops
permalink Idk about exotic, but my native language is Arabic.

jsonglyrics
3yr ago
180,608 jpops
permalink Is Latin exotic?

Back  |  Forums    Languages    Do you know any unique/unusual/exotic languages?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service