Digital vs. Traditional

30 posts  ·  created 4yr ago by gothlolilover  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Art & graphics design    Digital vs. Traditional

gothlolilover
4yr ago
154 jpops
permalink All of people today do digital art, myself included (though i do traditional as well). I think sometimes we need to get back to traditional artwork, and keep in touch with the basics. I think in digital art, there is too much room for letting the computer do the work, what do you guys think?

gothlolilover
4yr ago
154 jpops
permalink I mean don't get me wrong, some digital art is beautiful, and has a lo of work that goes into it, i just wonder if maybe it encourages us to get a little lazy

JpopKpopLover94
4yr ago
248,796 jpops
permalink I am more for traditional art :)

namikyas
4yr ago
599 jpops
permalink The original is the best right???
Hehehe I go with traditional art! :)

mikah
4yr ago
0 jpops
permalink i prefer traditional too

marcx
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink i like both

zechariah
4yr ago
5,574 jpops
permalink digital is good in some aspect

elenko94
4yr ago
2,053,962 jpops
permalink I think it's easier to do things with digital art, both because I can easier look references up and perhaps trace around them, but also because the mistakes are easily erased.

Still, if you're good at drawing traditional art, you would still be good at digital art once you've gotten used to the format. It's not like either will make you an amazing artist without any real work put behind it. And if something can make life easier, or the aspect of creating art, why not go for it.

Some people create amazing pieces via traditional means just as some people still draw stick figures on paper. The same thing happens with digital art. It doesn't really make a huge difference.

I think you need to be more aware of colors when it comes to digital art. The colors doesn't really blend naturally in a program than they do on paper should you use watercolor.

I would guess digital art would make people a bit lazy, since it's very forgiving when it comes to mistakes and hue/saturation which you can easily fix in PS, but it still takes skills to make something really good, both with traditional means but also with digital ones.

RocKerZ
4yr ago
0 jpops
permalink i agree with you

RocKerZ
4yr ago
0 jpops
permalink i choose traditional

mikah
4yr ago
0 jpops
permalink i prefer tradional

zechariah
4yr ago
5,574 jpops
permalink i like both ~ there are advantages of both

Hateof9hearts
4yr ago
704 jpops
permalink I prefer drawing traditional art more. I actually find it easier than digital art. I'm honestly not patient enough to learn everything I need to know about digital art.

kurbysean
4yr ago
238,157 jpops
permalink i like both but traditional is more creative

shadownights99
4yr ago
62,040 jpops
permalink traditional all the way

zefomor
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink i think traditional is more beautiful

DrippinginGold
4yr ago
210 jpops
permalink although I like traditional art, the graphics and the way the images turn out at the end of digital art are truly amazing. on sites like deviant art and people like Mr. Suicide sheep(a chillstep artist who also uploads digital art to go along to the song) the effects are to die for

PreciousSmile
4yr ago
31 jpops
permalink i like both since it's an art.

KimchiANDKpop
4yr ago
2,848 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

LuizKaz
4yr ago
28,092 jpops
permalink Nice thought :)

JYChii
3yr ago
13,783 jpops
permalink I prefer Traditional though.. I do some digital too :D

JYChii
3yr ago
13,783 jpops
permalink I can draw Digital and Traditional but.. I choose Traditional :D

Carrotamination
3yr ago
29,098 jpops
permalink I have always been a lover of traditional techniques, drawing included, but I admit, digital art has some great features, starting with the fact that you don't need to buy different types and colors of pencils, but on the other hand, there is no better feeling than holding your favorite sharpie in your hand. The way I see it is just that digital art can entertain you, but traditional art can fulfill you and let you truly express your feelings, as all your thoughts flow and gain a shape on the paper. For me, there is no better way of calming or silently crying out by arranging your thoughts into a piece of art.

KumikoMichiyo
3yr ago
11,852 jpops
permalink I like them both~
Generally I prefer traditional, and I'm actually getting a bunch of (manga) drawing supplies for my birthday because I really like drawing straight onto paper, but I also like digital & I'm getting a drawing tablet too. I guess it depends on what mood I'm in.. Generally if I want to draw out my OC's for the first time I'll do it traditionally, but if I want to add colour & effects I'll use digital~ Both are nice to use in different situations :moved:

jsonglyrics
3yr ago
180,608 jpops
permalink I personally like drawing on paper with pencil

Japanimenya
3yr ago
122,884 jpops
permalink Traditional :D

AmyMarttinen
3yr ago
7,324 jpops
permalink I like traditional

PreciousSmile
2yr ago
31 jpops
permalink traditional is more appealing into my eyes

tsubasayamada
2yr ago
57,000 jpops
permalink traditional feels more natural to me lol
the feeling of paper and pencil

NamiMikka
2yr ago
5,502 jpops
permalink I prefer traditional art. But sometimes it can be really expensive... So, that's way digital art comes in handy. You don't need to buy art supplies for example, and just save money. But on the other side, digital equipment is not cheap at all.....

Back  |  Forums    Art & graphics design    Digital vs. Traditional
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service