Digital Artists?

10 posts  ·  created 5yr ago by zeety  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Art & graphics design    Digital Artists?

zeety
5yr ago
67 jpops
permalink I like to doodle but a majority of my artwork tends to be digital - I wondered if there were any other digital artists around that might like to share some advice?

I use a Huion 580 graphics tablet; I like it a lot more than most of the bamboo ones I've tried and I use FireAlpaca, mostly because it's free and simply, but I also love the effect the pencil tool gives me with this particular software :P

So - what do other artists use? What would the recommend? I really struggle with shading too, it makes all my anatomy look totally wrong when I start shading - any tips on how to do this better?

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink This tablet is good.~

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink I have it. :D

elenko94
5yr ago
2,065,759 jpops
permalink I got Wacom Intuos5 (medium). I really like the program "ArtRage", at least when it comes to more "realistic" drawings due to the different options when it comes to blending. It's really versatile. Although I think it's a bit difficult to use when it comes to more... manga-esque drawings(?).

zeety
5yr ago
67 jpops
permalink Yeah, I liked doing realistic style sketches in ArtRage, but when it came to using the paint tools and things I always struggled. Probably because it was so realistic with the way it treated the 'paint' and such, I was much more used to photoshop than much else :P I think that because it was such a sophisticated program too it really kicked my poor laptop's CPU, which made it more awkward for me to try to use.

gothlolilover
4yr ago
154 jpops
permalink I use FireAlpaca as well, mostly because there isn't a lot of other free options for mac, I find that for shading, using the air brush tool on a very low opacity works the best for me ^^ here is an example of some of my better work if you want to check it out:http://artforeverandalways.deviantart.com/art/Veren-436337886

gothlolilover
4yr ago
154 jpops
permalink the link didnt come out right... http://artforeverandalways.deviantart.com/art/Veren-436337886
apparently it just doesn't want to work... whatever

nekomiminatsumi
4yr ago
49,883 jpops
permalink I used to do digital drawings on Sketchfu and Disney create using a mouse..both websites have come to a close sadly and it's been a while since i've made any other digital drawings :(

Asia1
4yr ago
207,821 jpops
permalink I am using Paint Tool SAI, it is good. For any help with drawing use tutorials.

JYChii
3yr ago
14,383 jpops
permalink I have a wacom bamboo tablet.. At first.. It's kinda hard to color but I practice it.. :D

Back  |  Forums    Art & graphics design    Digital Artists?
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service