Changes are necessary

119 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by JpopAsia  ·  last post 9yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Announcements    Changes are necessary

JpopAsia
9yr ago
538,190 jpops
permalink This is going to be a lengthy post. Grab some water and a cookie. Not everything we are going to tell you, you are going to like. So be prepared not to choke in your cookie or give your monitor a shower.

We all love you, and you all know that. I've been to Japan myself, I've visited some J-concerts and one thing made me realize that these kind of people (who love Japan) are very special. My dedication to JPA was based on these feelings and every time it makes me realize how much I love you all. You are so special. I've listened to all of your suggestions and ideas last few years and tried to please as much people as I could. JpopAsia is for everyone and I really wished every option would be available to everyone for free. But this is just not possible, we have to pay for our servers and bandwidth. I'm doing this for free and all the moderators too. What I've done is making the Creme accounts as affordable to as many people as I could. This, is now backfiring upon us and the current model is slowly killing JpopAsia.

I do not have the privilege to work for JPA fulltime, so basically I do this in my weekends, which means I don't have ever free time for myself. I love doing this, and I'm a workaholic so that helps a little too. Last six months have been very hard for me and JPA. We faced high bandwidth over usage which forced us to change our hosting provider. Beside that it costs a lot of money it was also time consuming. It also made me realize that there was no buffer for JPA for such cases like this. I had to pay everything myself, this is definitely not the solution. We been living on the edge for years.

I'm not willing to spend my entire life giving away my weekends to JPA. I'm not willing to pay for the costs made by the server which couldn't be covered by the revenue model of JPA. This means that things here have to change. We have 30.000 visitors a day and are ranked about 14.000th of all websites in the world. Yet we only make a few hundreds of $ which is all consumed by our servers. This really doesn't matter to me, I believe in making JPA for everyone instead of making money myself. But I've gone too far, and I'm personally affected by it. This can't go any longer like this, how much I love you all.

The accounts are too cheap and other problem, it's a one-time payment. For short term, great. For long term, very very bad. We are now in that very very bad period. If we don't get support from you, I can't pay the servers. A roof above my head is more valuable to me than paying the JPA servers so, yeah, there's a limit where JPA could continue to exist. I think you are wondering now what will change coming days. The accounts will be as following:

3 months
Costs $5 / 2.000 free jpops
6 months
Costs $10 / 5.000 free jpops / 1 free house of choice
12 months
Costs $20 / 15.000 free jpops / 3 free houses of choice

Unlimited accounts do not exist anymore. We also want to be there for you after several years.

All of JPA accounts will change to a subscription based plan. I promised the current account holders that their account would never suspend. If I would change all the accounts I would not be able to keep this promise (and I don't like not keeping my promise), so if you don't agree with everything I said before, I will give back your money. You'll receive about $4 because of the Paypal fees (2 x 0.50 cents) and your account will be set back to free account, or you can just enjoy one year of the new accounts features worth $20. You need a Paypal account in order to get your money back. Do not post in this thread your e-mail, instead send me a personal message.

I hope you can understand our situation and that the decisions I've made, were all because I loved the community so much. If hardly anyone would ask his or her money back, I've definitely made the right choice giving so much of my time to JPA. Even if you don't use your account that much, believe in the users who are not able to pay for a paid account. Anyone who asks his or her money back, will make it harder for us to continue and our believe in this great community.

I love working on JPA, but I'm not able to spend as much time as I want. There are a lot of things that need to be done, and there are a lot of projects running, but can't be finished due to the lack of time. We've been here as community, like one family, I'm sure you've made a lot of great friends. Let's make JPA together financially healthy again which would give me the opportunity to pursue long term features, fixing current problems and taking JPA to a level you could have never imagined. My abilities to make JPA a 100x better are there, but I just don't have the time to implement. Support us and you'll benefit from the features of the Creme accounts and all the new features going to be introduced for paid and free members.

Of course nobody likes these changes, me neither, but everyone likes a better place and the existence of JPA. I've carefully thought about this and this is the only road we can take. I respect your opinions, constructed criticism, and of course all your love and support. Don't whine that you just don't like it, if you have a better idea then share it. It hurts to do this and it hurts even more if people don't understand the things behind it, but once it's about money they whine like no other. For these people, please, us JPA as is and get used to it that not everything in life can be free. I hope for your understanding and that you didn't wet your desk and I didn't kill you with your cookie. If so, my sincere apologies :RBkiss:

I've never asked for monetary help before, I will also not do this during "our little crisis". I truly believe in the warm heart of this community, and we shall see if we can keep it all up together! If you become 80 I still want you to watch the latest J-videos, chat, send riceballs and laugh with our big JPA family where you never grow old ^^

Fighting! :high5:

P.S. From 30th or 31st of October, all the accounts will be changed. All current Creme account holders will receive 12 months of all features offered by the Creme account. You can still donate, $1 = 1.000 Jpops. Giving away accounts will still be possible, with a discounted price. I will also make it possible to accept concealed cash. If you don't have a credit card or bank account, you can send us money. More information on the new updated upgrade pages coming soon these days. Thank you very much for being here :pray:

==== update 2009-10-30 ====

Thank you all so much for your support and love! This is our community at its best!

Today I've worked hard to finish the new upgrade page. It's finished now and we can accept your support ^^ To clear up some confusion, everything will be the same for all accounts. This means for free and paid accounts except that all paid accounts will expire in 12 months from now. You can upgrade your Creme account in the last month of expiration. I've also added two additional account options, for our Jpop loving and die hard members. Take a look here .

I'll work hard to make buying separate Jpops again tomorrow. Sankyuu minna!

For some people who are wondering what we can do if we would have enough time and funds:
- Currently an entire new forums is in the work at about 80% for few months now -___- This would include, on the fly postings instead 3 page loads to make a post, loading new posts on the fly instead of clicking the next button everytime, better quote system, edit your posts instantly in place
- Make playlists work again with additional features like ratings, comments on your public playlists etc.
- Lyrics all editable in place
- Chat song selections with direct feedback and better selection system, separate video lists per room
- Watch videos sorted by the new mood function for example watch more videos that are sad, upbeat etc.
- "Let the song speak for you" with lyrics translations - send a friend a music video as message
- Better matchmaking
- See who's online of your friends
- More privacy options
- Better news comment system
- Better organized artist profile system, improve artists gifts section
- More charts
- Revise videos play page
- New message system
- Comments can be marked as useful or not
- More artist interactions
- List of status updates of your friends
- Graphical statistics, like monthly videos views, monthly chat entries, monthly made jpops, monthly ratings etc.
- Remove friends
- Revise lyrics section
- More riceball sends
- JPA in Japanese? Korean? Chinese?
- Some other long term features which are secret :P
- Another 1000+ features I forgot to mention and other ideas I received and read before

And these are just features. With enough funds we can improve JPAs server setup to tackle hardware performance issues and optimize the underlaying codings for even better performance and maintainability.

Enough to do and enough to improve :)

==== update 2009-10-31 ====

Thanks all ya sweet peoples! ^^

I'm sure you have all been very tasty riceballs in your previous life :RBheart:

We have added two additional payment methods:
- Send concealed cash by envelope
- Western Union
More information on the upgrade page

You can also upgrade your Jpops now again :) You can donate by buying extra Jpops, you can choose yourself how much you want.
More information on the buy extra Jpops page

Thanks minna!

==== update 2009-11-01 ====

Sending cash is not illegal for some members who might wonder that.

Quote by http://www.snopes.com/legal/postal/sendcash.asp
Sending anything more than a small amount of cash via mail has never been a particularly good idea, primarily because if such a shipment is lost, stolen, or destroyed in transit, neither the sender nor the intended recipient may have any recourse to recover the funds. It's even less of a good idea now that more secure methods of sending funds from one location to another
are available, such as money orders and wire transfers.

"Not a good idea" and "illegal" are not nearly the same thing, yet the notion that sending cash via U.S. mail is against the law has become a fairly common misbelief. It is against the law to send cash via the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for purposes that are inherently illegal, such as operating lotteries through the mail or evading taxes or laundering money, but there is no general prohibition on mailing cash from one place to another for legitimate purposes. (Otherwise, all those birthday cards with $1 and $5 bills tucked inside them we received over the years from our grandparents and other relatives were evidence of crimes.)

It's possible that the prohibition against chain letters involving the sending of money through the mail has been misconstrued as a general prohibition against sending cash via mail for any reason (to the extent that such an act is often claimed to be a felony), but the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of the USPS's web site explicitly acknowledges that cash may be sent through the U.S. mailing system:

Q: Can I mail cash?

A: You may send cash through the mailing system. However, we recommend using personal checks or money orders when transmitting funds for any reason. If you prefer to send cash you should take advantage of our registry service, which provides maximum security and indemnity against loss.

GN0015
9yr ago
20,324 jpops
permalink I'm agree with your decision, but the problem is my financial is also in a dying condition. When my financial is in a safe state, I'll get myself a credit card and get a creme for me and my friends. I'll do everything I can to help, but not now. At least not now, but in the future, I'll try.

Miki
9yr ago
2,614,763 jpops
permalink To be honest, at first I thought that Jpopasia released a song and there is even a PV here when I noticed the banner :STbigSmile: god, I am killing myself over and over again :onetooth:

+1

I am still waiting for my new credit card, so I can't transfer money yet. But I will definitely do so. I know that Jpopasia needs our support.
I am studying and working so there won't be a problem.

so glad that I ve bought creme account, one year of free stuff :D
[edit]Last edit by Miki on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 16:20 +15.8%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Miki on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 16:19 +47.4%[/edit]

elenko94
9yr ago
2,048,892 jpops
permalink T__T this is very sad, but Im not surprised.
frankly, as late as yesterday I wondered how much this site actually costs to run.
since there isnt that many creme accounts and all that, and its only a one time fee

I'll try to see if there is some way for me to donate money..as I hate to see this site to stop existing
But since my economy isnt existing *laugh* Im not sure how much I'll be able to help.
But I'll attack my mom about this xD
to see if its possible in any way for me to help.

btw..wow, those prices are really cheap 0__0
Its not that bad.. :) Im gonna try to donate :RBhalo:

oh, and I just talked to my mom, she said she would investigate it xD
sorry for the long post here :RBcrying:

and, I didnt spray my tea over the monitor..but I almosted choked on it :shifty:

[edit]Last edit by elenko94 on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 16:52 +14.1%[/edit]

Valstu
9yr ago
10,263 jpops
permalink Hmmmmmmmm...
20 bucks for a year, huh? It's not that much
considering how I love JPA ^^ I just have to learn how to
pay via Paypal 'cuz my current way of paying using the internet
is different...I just hope JPA isn't going to die!!

-Valstu

unifantasy07
9yr ago
13,145 jpops
permalink I don't want JPA-sama to be sad!!! And I don't want JPA-sama out on the street either - make sure you pay for the roof over your head first ;)

I had a feeling you'd have to come to this, I understand servers are expensive. But still your subcription rates are fair and not too pricy. I like the bonus of free houses :D

I'll defiently be subscrbing :D $20 for 12 months plus free house :RBheart: I'm sold!!!

cat4caitlin
9yr ago
1,813 jpops
permalink i should get some money for xmas and if i beg and beg and beg my parents enough i might be able to sort something out! -YAY!-

seriously, im with Miki, totally thought u were gonna do a song. lol. u should, really, i'd buy it.

Sarake
9yr ago
1,172 jpops
permalink I don't really understand one part of this. Will my account be delited or how much time to I got before I can pay and make my 12 mouth subscription (wich I have desided to do 'cause I love JPA and I will suport)

XxLoveDiruxX
9yr ago
5,945 jpops
permalink ah this is sad, but we all understand!!
and i know i will be getting some money for x-mas, so i was going to buy a creme for 5$ but (it depends on how much i get) i may just pull up the 20$ or maybe (if i get enough and i dont spend it on japanese punk clothes or musics) i will give out 50$! because we all love JPA and we don't want it dead!

Marowe
9yr ago
1,063 jpops
permalink I'm not a very active member (long time watcher, but I don't comment often) but I love JPA so much TT___TT I'm not doing so hot financially either, but I'll still do my best to continue my support. Thanks for trying to make this as pain-free as possible <3

Ouji
9yr ago
140 jpops
Quote by Sarake
I don't really understand one part of this. Will my account be delited or how much time to I got before I can pay and make my 12 mouth subscription (wich I have desided to do 'cause I love JPA and I will suport)

Well what he means is that creme accounts will still benefit these conditions for another 12 months and if you don't decide to pay after that I will be changed to a free account and it will never be deleted.
If you don't own a creme account now then you can use the new paying system to upgrade it (subscribe) your account to creme for a set amount of time.

Too bad this happens, but I would prefer JPA-sama to keep living on a healthy standard and not sacrafice his daily bread and water for the website. So be it, still love the site though.

kaldaddy1
9yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink I tried... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Gys
9yr ago
68,080 jpops
permalink well, this could have been espected. whole the world is effected and well, JPA is my world, so this would have happend eventualy. it's a good decision. you don't have to spend all your free time on JPA.. we have it good here, so i don't think you have to change a lot.sooo GANBATTE KUDASAI!
(sorry for the broken english^^)

Aysohmay
9yr ago
1,473,239 jpops
permalink I will always support this site by keeping my account. But might I suggest a jpops allowance like you used to give out to paid accounts when they first came out? Sure, 15,000 jpops a year would be good, but I really do miss getting that message saying I received 5,000 jpops at the beginning of every month. I just feel like that's a more tantalizing offer since we're paying for a subscription. Either way I'm keeping my creme account ^_^

SoulReaper101
9yr ago
912 jpops
permalink awww that sucks!!D:
Fact is, I'm kinda "young", I guess u could say, xD so I can't pay D: Im so sorry~ if it was to keep this site running, I totally would if I could.
Thanks so much for all you've been doing :) luvluvluv u!!!! *Hugs*

artista67
9yr ago
8 jpops
permalink :( man that sucks but yeah im not surprised. this site tops alot of sites that already charge. but $20 for a year? thats actually pretty good on my opinion. i love this site and i dont want it to die.

[edit]Last edit by artista67 on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 19:18 -60.3%[/edit]

K4mE
9yr ago
519 jpops
permalink I didnt quite get it...i am a bitsy confused..Does this mean tat the current Free Accounts will be deleted?
Cuz i lov JPA too much....but i cant pay now T_T

but watever happens...i will still love this website for evah!

kaldaddy1
9yr ago
3,834 jpops
permalink Just out of curiosity, will there be a trial period like there was back when there was the "Pro" account? As I was new at the time (maybe 1-2 months), getting to experience the upgraded version certainly brought me around to the the Creme advantages. ('Twas $19.90 then... and well worth it.)

BlitZeD93
9yr ago
9,690 jpops
permalink Well such an important piece of news... but doesn't always appear in the banners. I think we should make it more obvious :D Anyway I think this move is for the better, I guess. It'd be worse if JPA went down :(

I think I'll get a Creme account at the end of the year... Do you think you can recieve concealed cash from Singapore :)

Karensmatik
9yr ago
132,761 jpops
permalink [i]I know for a fact I'll do my best to make sure this site doesn't die. It's become a home for a lot of us; our own little community as well. I don't think $20 is a large price to pay for the awesomeness of this site to continue, but I know there are a lot of members that do not own cards or have a form of income, but for those of us that do, we'll try our best to help out anyway we can!!!! Everything will work out in the end, I'm sure :)[/i]

rickcorpse
9yr ago
653 jpops
permalink thewre only one thing 4 me 2 do. i love this account and everyone in it but...of course ill help u out jpa. this site is really popular and i also want everyone 2 enjoy it. just tell me where i can donate and ill get it done :otsu: :boogie: :) :rock:

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink Well This is the way these things. I have always suspected there were issues of this nature with this site. On the up side with all the issues being out in the open they can now be dealt with. I know that I have really enjoyed this site. If I had a choice between loosing this site or send in some more money i would have to take the money. Or in this case give the money.

I would suggest a fund raiser type thing. Let us know how much the servers cost per month. Let us know how much new features cost. I for one would like to know how much it would cost to fix the favorites list. People can be motivated more easily if they know what the goals are.

hanachan14
9yr ago
972 jpops
permalink aww...JPA i have to admit this site was one of the most fun sites i've ever been to...i'd rather go here than go to facebook...xDD hehe !! (i deleted it...)

anyway if i could donate...but i don't have a credit card and stuff... we all appreciate ur sincerity for making this site sooo awesome !! :D

wait...so does this mean that the people who now have creme accounts get to only have creme for 12 months free ?

aiiyka
9yr ago
191,624 jpops
permalink I understand why and everything and I have nothing to say against it
but
how, exactly, is this going to affect the free accounts?... someone tried to explain but I still didn't really get it...

haha ne~vermind
[edit]Last edit by aiiyka on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 21:05 +16.3%[/edit][edit]Last edit by aiiyka on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 20:54 +2.9%[/edit]

kaldaddy1
9yr ago
3,834 jpops
Quote by Zeeppo
Well This is the way these things. I have always suspected there were issues of this nature with this site. On the up side with all the issues being out in the open they can now be dealt with. I know that I have really enjoyed this site. If I had a choice between loosing this site or send in some more money i would have to take the money. Or in this case give the money.

I would suggest a fund raiser type thing. Let us know how much the servers cost per month. Let us know how much new features cost. I for one would like to know how much it would cost to fix the favorites list. People can be motivated more easily if they know what the goals are.

Oooooh, GOOD CALL! :otsu: :otsu: :otsu: [edit]Last edit by kaldaddy1 on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 21:01 +4.6%[/edit]

julijuli146
9yr ago
145 jpops
permalink So the people who got their own creme accounts from other members can still have it right? Or will it change it free accounts or something... Sorry if I repeated a question. And if we are fundraising for JPA I could try doing something, I can't pay with anything but I can advertise or something...

I wish the "Liar Game" existed then we could use the prize money for JPA.
[edit]Last edit by julijuli146 on Thursday 29 Oct, 2009 at 23:16 +22%[/edit]

maria90
9yr ago
9,838 jpops
permalink Ohhh!! thats pretty worrisome... and the worst is that I'm kinda new and I was getting along here... because, in my opinion, this is the best asian-music site... Im from a pretty far country, so I dont know if I can afford with that kind of account, and I thins theres a way to get money besides of that suscription.
I would be so sad for me if that happens, but Ill respect the final decision :RBfrown:

frisou94
9yr ago
84,876 jpops
permalink AWWWww It's Sad To Hear That JPA Is In A Difficult State Right Now :( But Still I Can Absolutely Understand Why These Changes Have To Be And I'll Give My Support !
But I Hope Real Hard That Most Users Will Participate In Keeping This AWWEsomee Place Alive <3<3 I Know My Account Will Be Okay For The Next Year ,, But I'll Definitelyy Be Paying To Keep My Creme Account Once It Expires ;) I Looooovee This Place To No End So Please People Help Us Making It Better And Better (yn) FIGHTING!!

maria90
9yr ago
9,838 jpops
permalink Ohhh!! thats pretty worrisome... and the worst is that I'm kinda new and I was getting along here... because, in my opinion, this is the best asian-music site... Im from a pretty far country, so I dont know if I can afford with that kind of account, and I thins theres a way to get money besides of that suscription.
I would be so sad for me if that happens, but Ill respect the final decision :RBfrown:

MyHappyRaindrop
9yr ago
9,340 jpops
permalink I've had accounts on JPA for a while and I agree that changes have to be made. Money adds up, so it would be tough to keep a website going for a long time while you have to make payments. I wish the best for everything in the end though. I wish I could help, but unfortunately my family can't afford it. Whenever I ask for anything from them I feel like I am a burden, so I avoid connection with them, because I'll just waste there time. Afterall... I am the cursed child of us. I'm sure that there will be a way for JPA to survive though. It takes a community of people to make a place shine at it's brightest. I think that it is nice of JPA and mods to take their time to make this a wonderful community. ^_^

yeapXD
9yr ago
28,160 jpops
permalink since i have had an account on jpa,i have seen so many changes happen.
i knew that it took a lot of energy to run this site.
but i didnt know we were stuck in a whole like this.

i feel guilty having a creme account, because i never bought it.
it was donated to me and i would really like to help out.
i would like to subscribe the 12-months for $20.
but even i cant help. im useless :RBcrying: im underage so i have no money.

i hope this hardship will fly fast. because jpa is an amazing site. :)

FF4
9yr ago
1,417 jpops
permalink Well, that does it, I've got to get a summer job... I suppose as a minor working it would seem like a lot for the time being, and the fact that just about every country is facing an economic crisis, it really doesn't seem like a lot, but I suppose $20 yearly wouldn't be that bad.

Hondai124
9yr ago
11,946 jpops
permalink omgggg, I would totally support you guys to all my might! $20 shouldn't really be a big deal if it feeds my Jpop needs.

This website is like my life! I visit it everyday for like the longest time now, with out it I wouldn't even know where my music collect will become off!! I discovered my most favorite artists here and even bought my first CD because of this site! >__<[edit]Last edit by Hondai124 on Friday 30 Oct, 2009 at 01:41 +9.1%[/edit]

xingurl
9yr ago
13,628 jpops
permalink wow, yeah. this came sooner than expected. I knew this would happen one day because running sites arent cheap..besides jpopasia has a lot of visitors and supporters logging on everyday.

I'll buy a creme account this dec or jan :D:D when i have the money in the holidays haha! :D:D i support u jpopasia!! because this is the jpop lovers home and community, something that other websites cannot replace! so gambatte!!

Missa
9yr ago
119,085 jpops
permalink Noooos JPA-sama dont be sad :crying: i always have and always will support this site... last may i proudly bought $50 worth of jpops, so just let me know when i need to renew my Creme Account and i will gladly pay it!!! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

JPA :rock: :rock: :rock: lol

TeaForMe
9yr ago
739 jpops
permalink [size=7]$20 bucks isn't all that bad.. now that I'm working I can afford this indefinitely. I will do all I can to make this as easy as possible.. :x I love JPA a lot. This setback is indeed saddening.[/size]

Reavyn
9yr ago
6,127 jpops
permalink This does not surprise me at all with as many people that come to this site and the amount of awesomeness that this site is. I have no problem at all with forking over a little money to help with the upkeep. It's also very nice to see so many people understanding this problem.

mowi
9yr ago
574 jpops
permalink We understand it don't be sad!!!!! In your sad times, your sacrifices I mean all of you who work for this site, you made people like me smile!!!!!! Well because of all your sacrifices you made as happy!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D We appreciated all of your efforts!!!!

cherrymoon34
9yr ago
1,281 jpops
permalink Until now, I haven't thought on how much does it cost to make JPA work.

I don't think $20 is too much. A little sacrifices on my daily life would make me get the money in about a month, but since I'm underage, I don't have a credit card.

I was about to talk to my parents if they could let me use their bank acounts so I could buy music. If I succes, I will definetly donnate, even if it's not too much.

Some people out there may think that giving $20 to a website is crazy, but I think that the chance of making good friends from all around the world and knowing new works from all the cool artists -that for some of us, we can't find easily in our countries- we have here is priceless.

Don't be sad, if we work together we can make JPA continue being the best music website without leaving JPA-sama on the streets.

seanto
9yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink me and pvc would luv to help but we where going to give pvc dad $40 but we cant because her dad wont use PayPal but we luv to donate to this really really really really cool site.

we are really really really really sad that has had to come to this.

if there is any other way we can help donate besied the inter net then we would luv to help coz it would be really really really really sad to see one of the worlds best ever sits go coz it is allot more fun than most of other social network sits.

what we would be do with out jpa we luv u and this site

recurringnightmare
9yr ago
3,055 jpops
permalink It's kind of sad that it had to come to this but it was kind of inevitable seeing the climbing popularity and growth of JPA. I for one would like to thank JPA-sama for all of the hard work and dedication that they've put into sharing this community with everyone. As others have said, JPA is something that we all value and because of that we should strive to keep it. I think that paying $20/year is nothing compared to all of the money and efforts that JPA-sama has put into the site over the years.
Quote by Zeeppo

I think Zeppo's idea is great. Knowing what the goal is and how far away we are from reaching it would further encourage people to pay for creme accounts and donate.

jonarosen
9yr ago
41,542 jpops
Quote by JpopAsia

I love working on JPA, but I'm not able to spend as much time as I want. There are a lot of things that need to be done, and there are a lot of projects running, but can't be finished due to the lack of time. We've been here as community, like one family, I'm sure you've made a lot of great friends. Let's make JPA together financially healthy again which would give me the opportunity to pursue long term features, fixing current problems and taking JPA to a level you could have never imagined. My abilities to make JPA a 100x better are there, but I just don't have the time to implement. Support us and you'll benefit from the features of the Creme accounts and all the new features going to be introduced for paid and free members.

Zeeppo said it best. Let us know just how much you need and that will get a more directed bit of help from us I'm sure. I've been a free member for years, and got a creme from a friend. I've been planning to pass that on if I could. Things for me are just now improving enough to be able to. Considering many sites I know that don't offer even a third as much as this one does, $20 is easily given for a year.

Again, set up a 'goal' especially one we can see and I'm sure the aid will come in quickly.

aqua431
9yr ago
2,411 jpops
permalink that's really sad.... :( but i can understand that :STsmile:
i can't subscribe now, since i'm just a student and i don't have credit card
but, when i'm already allowed to have it, i'll save my money bit by bit and subscribe to JPA!!! i love this site :RBheart: and will happily do it!!
don't be sad JPA-sama :angel:
all of us are always cheering on you!

ParasiteJely
9yr ago
4,605 jpops
permalink Wow, that's really a sad story :'(
I would do everything I can but the problem is I'm underage and if I would ask my parents they would call me crazy... I'm even not allowed to buy something at CDjapan bc they don't know the store and it could be dangerous and so on<<
In 2 and a half year I would be abel to pay but that's a long time...
I'm so sorry for this!! I really don't won't this site to die bc it became pretty important to me!! This site is really special to me :RBcrying:

Well, I had to read the text five times or more bc I didn't get it.
Now I understand except one thing. julijuli146 and karen already asked:

Quote by julijuli146
So the people who got their own creme accounts from other members can still have it right?

Let's try to think positiv. When I read all these comments then there are many ppl who really care about this site!! JPA won't die, never :wink:
When I'm old enough I'll pay 2 :boogie:

godsfaith
9yr ago
20,220 jpops
permalink You will eternally have gfaith's support, I will get 3 12 month accounts for me and my 2 top friends! :RBhot:

kaspars115
9yr ago
1,204 jpops
permalink Ofcurse it's not a positive message to recieve....And im sure that not everyone will be able to pay these few dollars, but i agree with JPA.
Its better to make everyone pay, so www.jpopasia.com can continues it's life...Atleast other people who pay will be able to enjoy listening to songs, posting in forums or just having fun...
Not sure that ill pay right away....But im almost 100% sure that i will pay...
I have friends here, + all the songs im listenig to in my mp4....All of them, i'we seen in here.. :P

asuri
9yr ago
777 jpops
permalink Ouen suru yo.

Here's wishing you the best.

Me likes J-Pop Asia.com, and I come here often, so I should probably keep an account, shouldn't I?

Just made one, so... here's hoping!

evil
9yr ago
11,410 jpops
permalink wow so now i'll have to pay to go on here -_- i can pay for it since its not so bad, BUT while i like everyone else is paying i really -expect- this site to grow better and more interactive that what it already is in the future if your gonna do that

cowazaki
9yr ago
128,318 jpops
permalink Jpopasia is the best.. I'll support with whatever I can :)

Missa
9yr ago
119,085 jpops
permalink Well i personally LOVE the new account options :totallylove: yea it will cost me some cash but im gonna get alot more Jpops... I LIKE JPOPs!!! :STbigSmile:

Changes are going to have to be made here on JpopAsia. Its sad because it is a beautiful thing to have this place be FREE for all to enjoy... but the ugly truth is the world revoles around money and JPA-samas pockets are empty. So everyone that can PLEASE buy those Crème accounts andextra Jpops to help keep this site going. JPA has given SO much to all of us its time we all give something back, right now what JPA needs is money to pay for the servers!!!

I want to be 60 years old still on JPA... playing forum games, fangirling with my friends, introducing new members to the GazettE and most of all chating with all those who I now call friends!!!

Buy Those Accounts and EXTRA JPOPS!!!

Back  |  Forums    Announcements    Changes are necessary
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service