Books you think should be movies---

72 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by sorcha  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Books you think should be movies---

9yr ago
1,209 jpops
permalink What books do you think would be uber cool movies, if done well?

I think The [i]Truth About Forever[/i] by Sarah Dessen would be pretty cool. I really want to see what Wes would look like. XD And also, [i]Uglies-Pretties-Specials-Extra's[/i] by Scott Westerfeld.

I think Ouran High School Host would be a pretty sweet(and utterly weird) live action movie. If it was done, like, really good! :D

9yr ago
1,322,281 jpops
permalink I think this belongs in the movie section

I want to see War and Peace made into a movie so I can go back, read the book and under stand it XD

9yr ago
1,209 jpops
permalink Oh, oops! Sorry. Anyway to move a thread?

Haha, never read War and Peace because of that! It looks confusing.

9yr ago
887 jpops
Quote by Aysohmay
I think this belongs in the movie section

I want to see War and Peace made into a movie so I can go back, read the book and under stand it XD

didn't they already make this a movie? :RBconfused:

9yr ago
5,187 jpops
permalink I think that the Urban Novels that I read should be movies such as:

Chyna Black
Black & Ugly
Dirty Red
the book I'm reading now which is Shamless Hoodwives
Emako Blue (this is a REALLY good book, I read it all in one day)

9yr ago
115 jpops
permalink Uglies series
Wildwood Dancing
Perfect Chemistry
Gentlemens Alliance Cross
House of Night series

ok, I could go on forever :D

9yr ago
729 jpops
permalink The Icemark Chronicles by Stuart Hill
an amazing, little-know series.
keeps you on the edge on your seat and laugh so hard you might pee your pants.

9yr ago
498 jpops
permalink [i]Hi,i think maybe KAORU CAKE HOUSE' :)[/i]

9yr ago
1,670 jpops
permalink i wanted to see live action of the keys to the kingdom series!
i love the story~
it kinda reminds of harry potter a bit, because the writers are both not from US [no, not discrimination] and they both write things full of magic~

9yr ago
1,173 jpops
permalink hunger games
house of night series
percy jackson and the olimpian series
mortal instrument series

9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink ok so blue bloods is a really good series.... it mixed vampires in with books like gossip girl and private.... its very interesting and the story line is really awesome :RBhalo: :RBhalo: :RBhalo: ...
heres a quick intro into blue bloods by melissa de la cruz.

When the Mayflower set sail in 1620, it carried on board the men and women who would shape America: Miles Standish; John Alden; Constance Hopkins. But some among the Pilgrims were not pure of heart; they were not escaping religious persecution. Indeed, they were not even human. They were vampires.

The vampires assimilated quickly into the New World. Rising to levels of enormous power, wealth, and influence, they were the celebrated “blue bloods” of American society. The Blue Bloods vowed that their immortal status would remain a closely guarded secret. And they kept that secret for centuries.

But now, in New York City, the secret is seeping out. Schuyler Van Alen is a sophomore at a prestigious private school. Suddenly, when she turns fifteen, there is a visible mosaic of blue veins on her arm. She starts to crave raw food -- and she is having flashbacks to ancient times. Then a girl from her school is found dead . . . drained of all her blood. Schuyler doesn’t know what to think. Could those vampire legends really be true?

6yr ago
117,091 jpops
permalink Oh I'm with you on that! Though with all the plot points, I think it might be better suited for a TV series.

8yr ago
365 jpops
permalink "Vampirates" by Justin Somper - it's a great read, one which I feel would be visually stunning. =]

8yr ago
392 jpops
permalink The House of Night series is being made into a movie and I personally do not think much of it, though I do like the novels.

I'd go with The Black Jewel series by Anne Bishop and The Belgarion series by David Eddings. I'm a huge fantasy geek.

8yr ago
383 jpops
permalink I would like to see Kresley Coles Imortal after dark series made into a movie. I bet I would do better than Twilight. I love all of the characters, especialy Nix, she's so cool. I just don't know what they would do about all the naughtyness. If you like vampire or where wolf romance I suggest you try these books. :P

8yr ago
543 jpops
permalink Die Chroniken der Nebelkriege... ^^ It's german.

In english it would mean "The chronicles of the haze war" or something like that:D

great books that should be movies :D

8yr ago
677 jpops
permalink A lot of my favourite books:
[i]Debout les morts[/i] ([i]The Three Evangelists[/i]) by Fred Vargas
[i]Ceux qui vont mourir te saluent[/i] (I don't know the official English title here but a translation would be: [i]Those who are about to die greet you[/i]*) by Fred Vargas as well
[i]A Charming Mass Suicide[/i] by Arto Paasilinna
[i]La vie devant soi[/i] (
[i]Kafka on the Shore[/i] by Murakami (but I guess that that is pretty difficult to film :RBstickout: )

I hope I will get to see them one day... :)

*it's a sentence gladiators used to say to Caesar before they would fight and.. die...

8yr ago
729 jpops
permalink the Maximum Ride series should also be made into a set of movies

8yr ago
811 jpops
permalink ouran high would be a really, really good movie if it will be done... and i will be the one in the cinemas to be watching it if i can...

I also think that lynsay sand's books about the argeneau vampires would also be nice...

then paulo coelho's the alchemist should also be made into a movie... but i think that won't be possible because the books is not that thick like those written by nicholas sparks....

the book i wanted to see in a movie has already been a movie, nicholas sparks' Dear John... the story is just so touching and nice... a very beautiful love story... a story that can make a person cry...

8yr ago
27 jpops
permalink I think that Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearn should be made into a movie.

8yr ago
287 jpops
permalink I am still waiting for a film adaptation of the books "Abarat" by Clive Barker who is much more renowned for his Hellraiser serie.
"Abarat" and "Days of Magic, Nights of war" are already out and we're still waiting for the 3 next volumes.
And an adaptation of all the books of the "Dune" serie by Franck Herbert. Could be a fantastic adventure. There is already 2 mini-series that were created for the TV but most of the books are still untouched.

For a japanese background or japanese author, I would love to see adaptations of all the Jiro Taniguchi books.

8yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink It's nice to see great books being interpreted by great directors on film, but the movie version of a book is ALWAYS inferior to the book itself.

I can't decide. :S

Maybe the books of Paulo Coelho?

8yr ago
910 jpops
permalink NONE! i hate when people make perfectly awesome books into sucking (i reeeeaaaally wanna say something else) movies, cuz they ALWAYS have actors or drawings that doesn't match my picture of them! take.. take the Twilight saga. the books, are, well, they're kinda awesome, but then they put Robert Pattison as Edward, Kirsten Stewart as Bella and oh my god a black dude as Laurent! oh my f***ing god VAMIPRES ARE CHRYSTAL WHITE!!!!! :madc: thats a HUUUGE fail from the makers' sides. just for the record, im no racist, and if he wasn't playing a vamp i wouldn't have any problems with his skin color at all! i mean it, i really don't care, but wow... :brickwall:

so my answer is: NONE!!! o_0

8yr ago
3,294 jpops
permalink I'm really in love with the Vampirates series :RBstickout: I'd love it if it would be a movie :RBohNo:

8yr ago
19,139 jpops
permalink [i]Think the book should in movie is MONICA DICKENS BOOK[/i].

8yr ago
729 jpops
permalink Just finished reading Fallen by Lauren Kate recently.
since it seems to be popular, it'll probably be made into a movie. it would be something interesting for the big screen....
If they can do things right, that is.[edit]Last edit by FrozenRosePetal on Tuesday 22 Jun, 2010 at 02:17 +19.4%[/edit]

8yr ago
2,165 jpops
permalink i would say JPA IN A BOOK as a tv program lol

8yr ago
23,405 jpops
permalink Even today I thought I would totally love to see "Keys to the Kingdom" series of Garth Nix to be made into a movie. (because I finished the last book of this series today)
I really think this kinda magical world would be so amazing to actually see!

8yr ago
67,509 jpops
permalink I would love to see the Host by Stephanie Meyer turned into a movie! :D I loved the book, it had a good story and great characters! :)

8yr ago
57 jpops
permalink Dark Tower by Stiven King!

7yr ago
378 jpops
permalink The Dark-Hunter series would be awesome as movies! Only thing is that they all have inhumanely hot and sexy guys in them so they have to find hot actors. and the movies would probably be like rated R or X or they would have to leave a lot of stuff out of the books. a lot of the good stuff, if you know what i mean. they are awesome though. really great series. they would be great for a tv mini series i think.

7yr ago
1,876 jpops
permalink even i think that "house of night" should be made into a movie, it would be really cooool !!!

7yr ago
695 jpops
Quote by aishwarya
even i think that "house of night" should be made into a movie, it would be really cooool !!!

:D yeah they should really be made into a movie :D it's would be soo cool :D can't wait for the next book!

7yr ago
871 jpops
permalink The Vellum by Duncan Hall... that was awesome.

The Lightstone (can't remember who wrote it)

Deadhouse Gates (can't remember who wrote it)

6yr ago
164 jpops
permalink They should make more mangas and manhwas into movies.

6yr ago
164 jpops
permalink Ones with a realistic storyline.

6yr ago
811 jpops
permalink I think that the series called Vampire Kisses would be good movies.

6yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink The Sea Venture

It is about a ship bound for the James Town colony that is wrecked in a storm

6yr ago
298 jpops
permalink all the books by Barbara Wood especially "dogs and jackals" and "the cursed House"
they are really good books, have romance, mystery and adventure.

6yr ago
71,441 jpops
permalink The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare would be a really good movie. It's counter part, the Mortal Intruments series, is in the works into being made into a movie, so I think it would be really cool to make ID into one also!

6yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink The Civil War Trilogy by Shelby Foote should be.

It would have to be seventeen movies though

6yr ago
238,492 jpops
permalink I would like to see one at least ONE of Sarah Dessen's book's be a movie! I know "How To Deal" was both books she did together.. but I mean they should do another one!! O:)

6yr ago
780 jpops
permalink I really hope that the book Looking for Alaska will have a movie adaptation soon! :)

6yr ago
673 jpops
permalink Hush Hush-By Becca Fitzpatrick
one of the best books i've ever read

6yr ago
117,091 jpops
permalink I got three ideas.
"Tell Me What You See" is set in Berlin during the winter and follows Alissa, who begins hallucinating after she uproots an odd purple plant from a child's corpse in a tomb. Her friend Evelin now has to figure out how to save her from losing her sanity and her stalker ex-boyfriend. It's a very eery, evocative book and I think it would make a chilling horror movie.

"The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove" is about a girl competing to be prom queen who unravels after murdering a boy she disliked in the past. It's a twisted story.

The Luxe series is a lot like Gossip Girl, only set in 1899 Manhattan. It's a really engrossing story.

6yr ago
2,354 jpops
permalink Oh, definately the Leviathan series <3
A steampunk movie about a girl who disguises as a boy to serve aboard an airship during WWI? I'd pay tons to see it! >0<

6yr ago
3,770 jpops
permalink Iron fey: Iron king, Iron daughter, Iron queen.... I wish it would be a movie.
And Wake-un to me. I love the story very much.

6yr ago
106 jpops
permalink Graham Masterton 'The Walkers' I really want to see this book on big screen.

5yr ago
167,234 jpops
permalink Vampire Knight!!!

5yr ago
3,246 jpops
permalink The Great Divorce

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Books you think should be movies---
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service