Books that have made you laugh like an idiot.

69 posts  ·  created 10yr ago by BlackButterfly  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Books that have made you laugh like an idiot.

BlackButterfly
10yr ago
616 jpops
permalink There have been times when i have been in class or in public reading a book and i started laught out loud cuz the book was really funny. Tell me about some books that made u do the same or would have if you were in public. lol

shanti
10yr ago
32,010 jpops
permalink kinda all the books of Meg Cabot
they are sooo funny
like princess Diary or the Mediator.

KSsince1987
10yr ago
13,815 jpops
permalink A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke

SeleneTenten
10yr ago
3,043 jpops
permalink Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (I love that series :RBheart: )
Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherfield (I know this isn't your typical book to read and laugh at... but I did and yes I'm weird like that :RBstickout: .... it was the part where he left his son on accident... I mean like how could that....?)

That's all I can think of right now... I would name more but my brain just isn't working for me right now..... :RBconfused:

samedioui
10yr ago
801 jpops
permalink Sophie Kinsela's Can You Keep A Secret and P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern.. IT was realley hilarious... I enjoyed reading it... It's like watching a feel-good-movie... when you're feeling down....

maddee
10yr ago
346 jpops
permalink Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz...

here's the summary taken from his site:

Jimmy Tock comes into the world on the very night his grandfather leaves it. As a violent storm rages outside the hospital, Rudy Tock spends long hours walking the corridors between the expectant fathers' waiting room and his dying father's bedside. It's a strange vigil made all the stranger when, at the very height of the storm's fury, Josef Tock suddenly sits up in bed and speaks coherently for the first and last time since his stroke.

What he says before he dies is that there will be five dark days in the life of his grandson—five dates whose terrible events Jimmy will have to prepare himself to face. The first is to occur in his twentieth year; the second in his twenty-third year; the third in his twenty-eighth; the fourth in his twenty-ninth; the fifth in his thirtieth.

Rudy is all too ready to discount his father's last words as a dying man's delusional rambling. But then he discovers that Josef also predicted the time of his grandson's birth to the minute, as well as his exact height and weight, and the fact that Jimmy would be born with syndactyly—the unexplained anomaly of fused digits—on his left foot. Suddenly the old man's predictions take on a chilling significance.

What terrifying events await Jimmy on these five dark days? What nightmares will he face? What challenges must he survive? As the novel unfolds, picking up Jimmy's story at each of these crisis points, the path he must follow will defy every expectation. And with each crisis he faces, he will move closer to a fate he could never have imagined. For who Jimmy Tock is and what he must accomplish on the five days when his world turns is a mystery as dangerous as it is wondrous—a struggle against an evil so dark and pervasive, only the most extraordinary of human spirits can shine through.

It's sooo hilarious :D

kazuo
10yr ago
294 jpops
permalink Jason Cosmo
and
Royal Chaos by Dan McGirt is so funny i swear i should have died laughing
and the Georgia Nicholson series :D so hilarious

bloodroseapple
10yr ago
139 jpops
permalink Ooh I was just rereading the Outsiders by S.E Hinton. That book made me laugh so hard and cry so much too.

Eclipsedmyst
10yr ago
1,403 jpops
permalink "angus, thongs, and full-frontal snogging"
funniest book EVER!

I laugh and cry out loud and my parents run in thinking I've died.

crayonpaint3
10yr ago
42 jpops
permalink I agree that the Louise Rennison books (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging and the other books in that series) are likely to make you laugh embarrassingly loud in public.

These are my picks;
[i]Me Talk Pretty One Day[/i] by David Sedaris
[i]Beauty Tips from Moose Jaw[/i] by Will Ferguson (its about Canada so if you're not from here or very familiar with Canadianisms it might not make sense)
[i]Magical Thinking[/i] by Augusteen Burroughs

I find the funniest things come from real life situations. All 3 of my pics are anecdotal story collections by very funny and observant people.

umehime
10yr ago
4,391 jpops
permalink for me the harry potter series really made me laugh like an idiot because of george and fred weasley and because of their inventions...

ThunderChild
10yr ago
1,768 jpops
permalink Paper Towns by John Green seriously made me rofl. My parents thought I was high or something because I could not stop laughing. A sample quote from Paper Towns: "IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT MY PARENTS OWN THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF BLACK SANTAS!". And that's only in the first few pages!

RollingStar14
10yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by ThunderChild
Paper Towns by John Green seriously made me rofl. My parents thought I was high or something because I could not stop laughing. A sample quote from Paper Towns: "IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT MY PARENTS OWN THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF BLACK SANTAS!". And that's only in the first few pages!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE ELSE IS A JOHN GREEN FAN!!! Please tell me that you know what a Nerdfighter is and that you are one...if not, see the acknowledgements at the back of Paper Towns.

"An Abundance of Katherines" is also a funny book by John Green. In that book, the main character, Colin, has a best friend named Hassan who is just hilarious...if I had the book with me I'd also quote a line, but alas... :RBstickout:[edit]Last edit by RollingStar14 on Saturday 31 Jan, 2009 at 01:30 +1.9%[/edit]

icegemz
10yr ago
895 jpops
permalink Lots of books get me giggling. I'm terrible I can not keep quiet while reading. Anyways one book springs to mind and That is My Fake Wedding. Can't remember the aurther. Basically its about this girl who is terrible with relationships. She is anti weddings but because of a bad one night stand, she decides she will get married by the end of the year. Trouble is she doesn't know who her groom will be and worse still she doesn't care! lol You have to read it to understand just how funny it is :D

ThunderChild
10yr ago
1,768 jpops
Quote by RollingStar14
[Quote by ThunderChild]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE ELSE IS A JOHN GREEN FAN!!! Please tell me that you know what a Nerdfighter is and that you are one...if not, see the acknowledgements at the back of Paper Towns.

"An Abundance of Katherines" is also a funny book by John Green. In that book, the main character, Colin, has a best friend named Hassan who is just hilarious...if I had the book with me I'd also quote a line, but alas... :RBstickout:

YES! ANOTHER NERDFIGHTER IN JPOPASIA!!! *does her happy dance* Yeah, i've read An Abundance of Katherines and his other book, Looking for Alaska. Two fun little facts: 1. He's an alumni of my high school and 2. The school in LfA is based off of my school. I've also met him, twice. He is such nice guy! Now, if I can only meet Hank lol.

DShorty
9yr ago
903 jpops
permalink lol, I read a book called [i]Cloud Atlas[/i], it's split into 6 narratives, so obviously very postmodern - but one of the narratives is written from the perspective of a guy called Timothy Cavendish, and he's HILARIOUS!
One of the funniest things I've ever read, no point telling the jokes though - totally not funny out of context, but I completely recommend the book :)

Celestine
9yr ago
5,187 jpops
permalink It's the book I'm reading now, Shameless Hoodwives. There are parts in it that are soooo funny because they are so realistic. I've laughed OUT LOUD and went back over the words and laughed and laughed.

KiA88
9yr ago
743 jpops
permalink CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!!!

so funny...
:laugh:

Mannymd90
9yr ago
115 jpops
permalink If you dont mind romance novels, then all of Katie McCallister's books :D

zellyx1
9yr ago
611 jpops
permalink I laughed with the Harry Potter series because of Fred and George. :)

And I laughed when I read the first Twilight book, because it looked really cheesy. :RBsealed:

FrozenRosePetal
9yr ago
729 jpops
permalink Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever

Funniest Part: the fake names part. I laughed so hard, especially at Gazzy's.

poohbear03
7yr ago
42,915 jpops
permalink I love those books:)

HaruhiNakamaru
9yr ago
301 jpops
permalink Of course, the Harry Potter series (Fred, George, and Ron; hilarious)
Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Chronicles of Vladimir Todd series by Heather Brewer
Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Percy jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy
Twilight series by Stephnie Meyer (I like it simply for Jacobs humor :) )
M or F? by Lisa Papademetriou
Getting It by Alex Sanchez
The Astonishing Adventures of Fan Boy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga
Stuff White People Like: The Definitive Guide to The Unique Taste of Millions by Christian Lander

And I'm going to list Graphic Novels, too. :D
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
Lovely Complex
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Hana-Kimi
Ouran Highschool Host Club
[edit]Last edit by on Thursday 20 Aug, 2009 at 19:46 +4.3%[/edit][edit]Last edit by on Thursday 20 Aug, 2009 at 19:43 +9.4%[/edit]

Esra
9yr ago
212 jpops
permalink the last book I read and made me laugh (but I was alone in my room) was Yolculuk Nereye Hemşerim by Gülse Birsel. I wonder if I can translate the title. Hemşeri means fellow citizen; "To what place is the journey, fellow?" People usually have conversations with each other on journeys and asking where to the journey is a main question. :D

SNSDloverAnn
9yr ago
1,372 jpops
permalink MARS GOD OF WARS...

LOVE THEM

LOVE THEM

LOVE THEM

LOVE THEM

SimplyStrange
9yr ago
284 jpops
permalink Stephanie Plum series by Janet evanovich
Was reading the 3rd book in class and accidentally started laughing out loud:RBblush: later I had to plug my nose and breathe deeply to not laugh. I swear these are the funniest books on the planet! I mean come on... how many times and how many ways can your your car blow up with it not even being your fault.
And any grandma that accidentally shoots a cooked chicken at a dinner table is definetly laugh worthy :D

emily
9yr ago
2,369 jpops
permalink Hmm i havent read that much funny books...
Twilight was kinda funny (Jacobs blonde jokes to Rosalie)

"angus, thongs, and full-frontal snogging" is funny!

FrozenRosePetal
9yr ago
729 jpops
permalink School's Out Forever (Maximum Ride series) - James Patterson. some of the dumbest and funniest humor out there. Icemark Chronicles by Stuart Hill are also filled with laughs.

Kaona
9yr ago
853 jpops
permalink I laughed a lot throughout the Harry Potter series :D Due to Fred and George mainly, of course, but there were a lot of other funny parts too... Umbridge... haha ;)

yhereim
9yr ago
188 jpops
permalink Christopher Moore. Everything that man has written has made me laugh out loud. His new book (Bite Me) is due out 3/23/10 and is the 3rd installment of his vampire series (the first being called "Bloodsucking Fiends" then came "You Suck") His book topics range from Religious homor ("Lamb") to the supernatural and all are totally funny.

WingedSphinx01
9yr ago
53,345 jpops
permalink Anything by Carl Haiasen is super funny. Poeple who like comedy books should go check him out.

Nightmare
9yr ago
910 jpops
permalink the one's i read now, it's a triologi - De Fire Og Han Som Gjør Galt Verre - it's amazingly funny! (also sad sometimes, but, you know x]) i mean, if i sit in class reading or somewhere where it's quiet, you can always count on me sitting there laughing like my worst enemy fell down the stairs and broke her arm and leg! those books always gives me a good mood, no matter how sad i am to begin with. i escpeccially laugh my ass off when Pepper has one of his little..outbreaks. he's a very angry little racoon. and his friend Bambo has an awesome curse word: Morten Harket (you might have heard of him, he's a terrible norwegian singer in the terrible norwegian band A-ha).. i'm gonna start using that as a way of cursing. it's hilarious. and when Pepper - sorry i'm gonna stop know x] im sure you don't want to hear every funny part of the books!! :STbigSmile:

KiraOjou
9yr ago
1,567 jpops
permalink hahahah i think every book by Terry Practhett is bound to make the reader laugh xP
also The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ahahahaa. Marvin <333

kheurrhyun
8yr ago
8,486 jpops
permalink We have these local Author BOB ONG who satirically criticized life as a Filipino, being in grade school and high school and racist acts against Filipinos.

He even had one of his books, Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ang mga Pilipino (Why does the Filipinos read Topsy-Turvy) published with its cover upside-down.

If only they would translate it, you'll get on your knees laughing while reading his masterpiece....

polyvinlyseat
8yr ago
219 jpops
permalink mine would have to be one of my little girls book it had an a question in it that 4 year old could answer but i got it completey wrong.

Vallkryst
8yr ago
217 jpops
Quote by KiraOjou
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ahahahaa. Marvin <333

By far the most hilarious novel i've ever read :)

Murashka
8yr ago
249 jpops
permalink Helen Fielding's "Bridget Jones's Diary", both parts. Ooooh, I looove her! :D :D :D
And also "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4" by Sue Townsend. Gorgeous! :D

islandgurl517
8yr ago
67,509 jpops
permalink The Twilight saga had some funny moments, and a manga I read called,Your and my secret. Haha, it made me laugh a lot.:)

xKokoroxKisekix
8yr ago
327 jpops
permalink Pride and Prejudice -- Jane Austen
Galapagos -- Kurt Vonnegut

Both of those books constantly had me laughing. :) They were both cleverly written and I loved them both. n_n

raizenstclaire
7yr ago
18 jpops
permalink The Twilight Series by Stephanie Myers. The books are so overly dramatic and drawn out over a horrible plot. I felt as if the books were being "fanserviced" a bit too much.

JustIronic
7yr ago
1,074 jpops
permalink The Barry Trotter books are stupidly hilarious. Harry Potter parody books. Seriously read them, you won't regret a second of it.

poohbear03
7yr ago
42,915 jpops
permalink The Mortal Instument Series
The Infernal Devices(both by Cassandra Clare)
Chronicles of Vladimir Todd series by Heather Brewer
Twilight Series by Stephanie Myers

Zarkova
7yr ago
1,316 jpops
permalink buakakakakkakaka of course MANGAS!! and the manga that have made me laugh like idiot is, POOR PRINCE!! buakakakkakkaaka it's so funny that I read that there is one boy that fall in love for A POPULAR BOY in his school XDD

himitsu05
7yr ago
3,294 jpops
permalink So far, Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman :D
I know it's just me XD But I love it :)

Aniet
7yr ago
298 jpops
permalink jajjajaj that interesting! ^^
i think that the book has made me see an idiot has been eragon. You could not avoid the comments out loud each time that as reading. When someone died or when the characters do things that one give you rabies. EVERYTHING expressed it out loud! above all when i feel angry :P

samtrooper
7yr ago
1,234 jpops
permalink mh there are lots. but to cut it short:
every book by Austen (emma, pride&prejudice etc),
King (e.g. the dark tower series),
kathy reichs (e.g. Déjà Dead)
and the allmighty lord of fiction: douglas adams >.<

RagdollAlice23
6yr ago
285,716 jpops
permalink lol yeeees!! when I am reading a manga book!! I start laughing and I hold my smile in >.< and some books I have read by Sarah Dessen have made me laugh so much too!

MsLaterDays
6yr ago
9,981 jpops
permalink "Insomnia" by Stephen King
This book is not filled with humor, but it sure has some funny parts lol

YukiLee
6yr ago
2,032 jpops
permalink It would be blonde attitude by plum sikes. This book do not help to uphold the intelligence of blondes at all xD But it's damn funny =)

rhaigne07
6yr ago
16,308 jpops
permalink mine would be the diary of a wimpy kid..the humor just blew me out :D
it's worth reading and it's a page turner alright ;D

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Books that have made you laugh like an idiot.
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service