[Book Series] Uglies

20 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by HappiNeko  ·  last post 4yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    [Book Series] Uglies

HappiNeko
9yr ago
678 jpops
permalink Has anyone here read Uglies by Scott Westerfield? It's amazing! I'm on the second book of the trilogy, Pretties.
Summary: Tally Youngblood, an ugly, lives in a world where, for you sixteenth birthday, get turned into a pretty. A Pretty lives a life of fun and luxury, with no worries and are completely carefree. Only days before Tally's sixteenth birthday, her friend Shay runs off, not wanting the operation. The "Special Circumstances" send Tally to go after her friend and bring her back, or else. She won't get the operation. As Tally starts her adventure, her life just goes horribly wrong..

DShorty
9yr ago
903 jpops
permalink That actually sounds pretty interesting, so long as it's written well :)

HappiNeko
9yr ago
678 jpops
Quote by DShorty
That actually sounds pretty interesting, so long as it's written well :)

It IS interesting =D I totally recommend it! It's action, futuristic, and romance all packed into one!
Here's a link to the author's site if you wanna check it out =3 http://www.scottwesterfeld.com/author/books.htm

YukiYume
9yr ago
550 jpops
permalink It was ok, kind of an intersesting look at where our society may be headed. Like most series though i thought it all went downhill after the first book. Tally just made an idiot move with the whole bracelet thing, if the girl had any sense she would have told everything to David and he would have known what to do with it. ARG! Sometimes people in books just have no common sense haha.

bloodroseapple
9yr ago
139 jpops
permalink It was pretty good :)

Then he wrote the Extras which has nothing to do with anything whatsoever. >_>

The interesting thing about the Extras is that it's set in Japan, and the characters get operations to look like manga characters :) But other than that.. Tally isn't even there for half the book.

melissaviolet
9yr ago
176 jpops
permalink I have read all the books and enjoyed them immensely. I found that "Pretties" took me the longest to read, and it was the least interresting of all the books. On the other hand i thought that "Specials" was one of the most interresting. I do disagree that "Extras" had nothing to do with the series. It did, it stuck to the same plot, just had different characters. I understand why the authour did it rather than stretching it on and trying to create another book out of something that should have just stopped. It was a very good series and i do recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasies. :)

Mannymd90
9yr ago
115 jpops
permalink Uglies was such an amazing series!! I havent read Extras, and I dont really plan to :D I'd love if the book was made into a movie!! :D

RollingStar14
9yr ago
12,999 jpops
Quote by DShorty
That actually sounds pretty interesting, so long as it's written well :)

OMG, hells to the yes. The Uglies series is the definitely one of the creme series of YA literature. In fact, I don't understand why a movie is in production. The series has the perfect combo of action and emotion; a great read for a guy or girl (though guys tend to read novels with male heros, I've noticed), unlike, say, Twilight, for instance. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it has universal appeal, like Harry Potter.

SarealiaV
9yr ago
483 jpops
permalink I have!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
It was such a cool interesting little trilogy to read! :RBstickout:
I love Shay more!!! :RBheart:
However, I must admit that the Extras was... rather disappointing :RBfrown: even though I kind of liked the main character! :)

Azndramalover76
9yr ago
282 jpops
permalink HAVEN'T READ iT YET S0UNDS LikE A REALLY G00D B00k I SH0ULD TRY iT 0UT S0METiME THANkS F0R THE REC0MMENDATi0N :otsu:

Azndramalover76
9yr ago
282 jpops
Quote by Azndramalover76
HAVEN'T READ iT YET S0UNDS LikE A REALLY G00D B00k I SH0ULD TRY iT 0UT S0METiME THANkS F0R THE REC0MMENDATi0N :otsu:

lunamoon87
9yr ago
29,436 jpops
permalink This actually sounds really interesting. I might have to check this trilogy out. I especially enjoy reading books that are part of a series.

MiriuOniaya
9yr ago
10,930 jpops
permalink I LOVE this series. I just re-read it like, three days ago~

[i]Uglies[/i] was my favorite out of the three, but I also liked [i]Specials[/i]. I found the second book ([i]Pretties[/i]) to be the least interesting. I love the whole idea, it's so interesting to read and makes you wonder. Also kind of sad to think of things getting like that.

I can't even imagine them making a movie out and this, and if they did; I'd be horribly disappointed. The way characters (especially the pretties) are described would make casting a movie SO hard. People more beautiful than [i]nowadays[/i] most beautiful models? I don't think the books could be done justice.

I've never even heard of the [i]Extras[/i], but I'm glad that I just did. Even if it's not good, I think I might look into it!

Fyre
8yr ago
479 jpops
permalink Hell to the yes. This is one of my favorite series everr.
Westerfield is just an amaazing author! I love him =D

SkycavedINN
8yr ago
1,357 jpops
permalink I have to say I read them all and they were written very well. But some of the books weren't related at all. I actually started from Pretties, then went and read Uglies. I tried reading Uglies before that and it bored me to death. But looking back, I can't say I remember the plot~

KawaiiGirl1004
6yr ago
23,247 jpops
permalink I read it, and have a little bit of conflict with it, like a part of me wanted for it to be true but the other said then where's the free of expression and the diference make us who we are, i tend to agree now more to the second part, but i also would like for it to be like a middle ground in where pwople wouldn't feel uncomfortable in their own skin.

anszara
6yr ago
416 jpops
permalink I didn't like the series AT ALL, actually. I felt like I was reading the same book over and over again, since the plot line was pretty much the same. The first book was good though, since it was new. Extra was also good.

Kata
6yr ago
10,180 jpops
permalink I love Scott Westerfeld! His Uglies series is the most popular but his other books, The Last Days and So Yesterday, which almost became a movie!
His latest trilogy is called Leviathan.
He has some adult books too that were published in the U.K. and a manga book too. I'm not sure if he himself was the manga-ka.

haruharu13
6yr ago
1,039 jpops
permalink OMG I love that series sooooo soooo much!! :D I've read the entire trilogy! I owned them all too but then someone stole them when I brought them to school :'(

gothlolilover
4yr ago
154 jpops
permalink those were the first ever science fiction books i ever read, i really loved them

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    [Book Series] Uglies
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service