[AUTHOR] Haruki Murakami

9 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by xevikira  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    [AUTHOR] Haruki Murakami

xevikira
6yr ago
1,509 jpops
permalink Anyone else read his work? Right now, he's by far my favorite author. I really like the themes and characters he creates in his books ^^ I've read six of his books so far. My favorite is "Dance Dance Dance" and I'm currently reading "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running."

What about you guys? Anyone else out there like his work too? Any favorites? Favorite quotes? Any books by his you're currently reading? Share 'em here! :D

ChoiTOP
6yr ago
2,390 jpops
permalink I love his work. He's an amazing author! He writes like nobody else. I finished "After the quake" today and read some other of his books, Norwegian Wood for example. He is a genius. ♥

ShallowSleep
6yr ago
1,741 jpops
permalink I enjoy his books, too! My favorite is Norwegian Wood.

Glaxy
6yr ago
315 jpops
permalink 1Q84
Darkly and enigmatic is the new Murakami, rich in allusion and full cross-references. In Japan the book has broken all sales records, more than two million copies were sold from a standing position. It is an interlocking, more than thousand sides strong book which functions at different levels.

Moonbleach18
5yr ago
4,437 jpops
permalink I am a HUGE fan of him!! I actually created a forum here a couple years back and I have no clue where it went lol. But anyways I own all except three of his books. My top 3 favorites would Dance, Dance, Dance, The Wind-up Bird Chronicles, and After Dark.
He is so unique and creative that it's really hard to describe his work to others, all I can say, "It's just something you have to read and discover for yourself." I loved 1Q84 and I can't wait for his next one whenever it comes out.

annyss
4yr ago
379,847 jpops
permalink I have a set of his works as ebooks but still not read it yet. Maybe soon when I have free time. :)

anaksamea
3yr ago
10,679 jpops
permalink My favourite writer :) I read everything that was published in polish (so almost everything he ever written) and want to have all of his books in my home collection.

Divewing
3yr ago
7,222 jpops
permalink I've been meaning to pick up one or two of his books since I always see them at my local book shop, but I'm not sure which ones.

xianniah
3yr ago
4,795 jpops
permalink I was curious about his works too, and Norwegian Wood is one of them, so I got it, but still was not able to read it till now. I will once I got the time.

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    [AUTHOR] Haruki Murakami
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service