[Artist] Katy Perry

24 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by farnoosh  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    General music    [Artist] Katy Perry

farnoosh
6yr ago
60,113 jpops
permalink Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson(born October 25, 1984), known by her stage name Katy Perry, is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Perry grew up with gospel music, and during her first year of high school she pursued a music career as Katy Hudson, releasing her first studio album called Katy Hudson which failed to chart. She recorded a solo album later, which was never released. After signing with Capitol Music Group in 2007, her fourth record label in seven years, she adopted the stage name Katy Perry.

She first gained recognition with the release of her first mainstream album, One of the Boys in 2008, which spawned three Billboard Hot 100 top-ten songs—"I Kissed A Girl", "Hot n Cold" and "Waking Up In Vegas". Perry supported the album with her Hello Katy Tour. In 2010, her third studio album, Teenage Dream (2010), which topped the Billboard 200 chart, and spawned five number one singles—"California Gurls", "Teenage Dream", "Firework", "E.T." and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"—Teenage Dream was the only album (after Michael Jackson's Bad)—to do so, and the first female in history to achieve this milestone. She embarked on the California Dreams Tour, which grossed nearly $60 million worldwide. Perry re-released the album under the name of Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection on March 26, 2012, and the re-release has already spawned the number-one single "Part of Me" and top five single "Wide Awake".

Perry is the only artist to spend over 52 consecutive weeks in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100, and has since extended this to 69 weeks. As of 2012, Perry has been nominated for eight Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year (Teenage Dream) and Record of the Year ("Firework"). She was named 2011's "Artist of the Year" by MTV. She has sold 37.6 million digital tracks in the United States and 11 million albums worldwide, and sold over 74.6 million digital tracks worldwide.Perry was a guest judge on the seventh series of The X Factor UK and the ninth season of American Idol. She has released fragrances "Purr" and "Meow". She ventured into film, voicing Smurfette in the 2011 film The Smurfs and upcoming 3D biopic-concert film Katy Perry: Part of Me. Perry was married to British comedian Russell Brand from 2010 to 2012.

farnoosh
6yr ago
60,113 jpops

farnoosh
6yr ago
60,113 jpops

bluesweater
6yr ago
421,021 jpops
permalink ((Next time, PLEASE edit your first post, and add the photos in there instead of posting them in separate post. Thank you.))

farnoosh
6yr ago
60,113 jpops
permalink OK i will do that, but i try that and jpa doesn't let me to post that

bluesweater
6yr ago
421,021 jpops
permalink refresh the page after posting your msg, you will see edit button on top right of every of your post.

InSpRiTgiliA
6yr ago
2 jpops
permalink she is just awesome <3

iluvmymusic
6yr ago
1,192 jpops
permalink Love Katy Perry! <3

takara
6yr ago
3,770 jpops
permalink Wild awake is the new and good song ever. Fairy tales song <3 it

thegazettefan
6yr ago
14,752 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

risyatheyl
6yr ago
3 jpops
permalink I think she is a bad girl....

thegazettefan
6yr ago
14,752 jpops
permalink REMOVED - SPAM

farnoosh
6yr ago
60,113 jpops
permalink she is NOT >.<

Kisaky
6yr ago
283 jpops
permalink I'm listen your song. My prefer is Hot'n Cold and Kissed a girl

niQx
6yr ago
18,508 jpops
permalink I love all her songs... <3

QueenYanina
6yr ago
310 jpops
permalink Like her <3 Ve favorite songs are Wide Awake, Firework and Thinking of you

Kisaky
6yr ago
283 jpops

YukiLee
6yr ago
2,032 jpops
permalink I like her, she has her own universe and it's refreshing even though she sucks live ^^

Kisaky
6yr ago
283 jpops
permalink Yehhh She's fantastic

Kisaky
6yr ago
283 jpops
permalink I love she's your song :Q_

Kisaky
6yr ago
283 jpops

Kisaky
6yr ago
283 jpops

GEEGEEBABYBABY1
6yr ago
1,810,194 jpops
permalink I like her music too

ensorcelledAubade
3yr ago
27,445 jpops
permalink TGIF was my absolute favourite when it came out ahaha

Back  |  Forums    General music    [Artist] Katy Perry
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service