[Artist] GReeeeN

49 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by kiMi67  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    J-Pop central    [Artist] GReeeeN

kiMi67
9yr ago
144,728 jpops

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/7594683/GReeeeN.jpg

GReeeeN (グリーン ,Gurīn?) is a four-member Japanese vocal group from Kōriyama city in Fukushima prefecture, made up of the members Hide, Navi, 92, and Soh. They made their debut with Universal Music in 2007. Their logo image is of a mouthful of teeth, and the four e's indicate the number of members. The sound production is handled by Hide's older brother JIN, a member of Pay Money To My Pain.

One notable characteristic is that none of the members have ever shown their faces in the public sphere as a part of GReeeeN, whether in their promotional videos, CDs, television performances, or the Internet. In their only performance on TV-U Fukushima's music show Music Bar Palo Palo (broadcast on January 19, 2007), the group even went as far as censoring their faces during the performance. GReeeeN cites keeping their professional lives in dentistry compatible with their musical ventures as the reason, but one of the members, Hide, has hinted that after all of the members pass the state examination in dentistry and receive permission from the directors of the hospitals they work for, the group may consider a public appearance.

All members studied at the dentistry department at Ohu University, in Fukushima prefecture, (Hide, Navi, and 92 have all graduated, only Soh is still in school), and the group debuted while still in school in 2007.

Singles:

"Michi" (道)
* Released: January 24, 2007

"High G.K Low" (~ハジケロ~)
* Released: March 28, 2007

"Ai Uta" (愛唄)
* Released: May 16, 2007

"Hito" (人)
* Released: November 14, 2007

"Be Free / Namidazora"
* Released: January 16, 2008

"Tabidachi" (旅立ち)
* Released: March 5, 2008

"Kiseki" (キセキ)
* Released: May 28, 2008

"Tobira" (扉)
* Released: December 3, 2008

"Ayumi" (歩み)
* Release Date: January 28, 2009

"Setsuna" (刹那)
* Release Date: March 11, 2009

"Haruka"(遥か)
* Release Date: May 27, 2009

Albums:

A, Domo. Hajimemashite. (あっ、ども。はじめまして。)
* Released: June 28, 2007

A, Domo. Ohisashiburi Desu. (あっ、ども。おひさしぶりです。)
* Released: June 25, 2008

[size=7]
credits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GReeeeN
official website: http://www.greeeen.net/
[/size][edit]Last edit by kiMi67 on Friday 13 Mar, 2009 at 22:15 +10%[/edit][edit]Last edit by kiMi67 on Friday 13 Mar, 2009 at 22:14 +4.9%[/edit]

Valstu
9yr ago
10,263 jpops
permalink Kiseki is my current favorite ^^

kiMi67
9yr ago
144,728 jpops
permalink OMG, they released previews of their new songs from their new album on the website. Check it out! OMG I'm so haaaappppyyyy. :STbigSmile: :high5:

http://www.greeeen.net

LAsayuri
9yr ago
1,102 jpops
permalink i really love greeeen's music !! :totallylove: :totallylove:
my favorite are kiseki, haruka, ai uta
their lyrics are so beautiful, so emotional ! :RBheart: :RBheart:

tomakanishiKTLV
9yr ago
436 jpops
permalink DAISUKI!! :RBheart: :RBheart:
my favorite was sayonara kore kara hajimeyou

Moonchain
9yr ago
598 jpops
permalink Kiseki has to be my fave song from 08. PERIOD. I LOVE their new album Shio, Koshō! Awesomeness! Their sound is very inventive and refreshing.

aiiyka
9yr ago
191,624 jpops
permalink Hey so how many people are actually really really upset that they split/broke up?

kiMi67
9yr ago
144,728 jpops
permalink I would have been really upset if they were to break up, but fortunately this didn't happen. It was just a rumor, and the leader of the band HIDE denied this on the official blog. He says on his blog that this happened because of the Best Album that they will release soon. Some think that they made this album because they're disbanding, that's why there was that article in NikkanSports.

LE: They posted this on their official website and all member's blog too.[edit]Last edit by kiMi67 on Thursday 05 Nov, 2009 at 06:53 +18.2%[/edit][edit]Last edit by kiMi67 on Thursday 05 Nov, 2009 at 06:44 +46.9%[/edit]

aiiyka
9yr ago
191,624 jpops
permalink yea yea
found that out later but I forgot I posted here hahaha
and there's that one journal a day limit

argh

Phedy
9yr ago
44 jpops
permalink Unique band,,,,with teeth logo,,,hehe

AnaShim
9yr ago
13,327 jpops
permalink I like their songs and most of their songs's lyrics are really meaningful and beautiful but don't you wish you could see their faces???
LOL
by the way....does anyone know how old they are???
because depending....thinking about it...maybe its better for them not to show their faces...xDDDDDDDDDDDD
lol
well i dont know...
is it good or bad???
lol

evil
8yr ago
11,410 jpops
permalink oh i love GReeeeN :) their music is just much fun and very very catchy. Plus the story behind them is so weird/interesting to think 4 guys who have sold very well in their career and yet after so long no one has yet to figure who are the men behind the music because of their dreams of becoming dentists seriously only in Japan would you find such a odd but amazing band

Itinerant
8yr ago
263 jpops
permalink wowww thank you so much for this..
i just youtubed a few of their songs and what can is say?
instant love! these guys are great !

lovejpopx3
8yr ago
562 jpops
permalink aiuta is still my favourite song

Bychan
8yr ago
3,115 jpops
permalink there is no secret about their age. they are born between 1980 and 1982. i wonder if they will ever show their faces.

i started to love GReeeeN while ROOKIES was on TV. They just picked up one of the best songs ever (with "kiseki") for one of the best dramas ever. XD And then they picked up "haruka" for the ROOKIES Movie. Love Love Love <3

AsianCookie22
8yr ago
385 jpops
Quote by evil
oh i love GReeeeN :) their music is just much fun and very very catchy. Plus the story behind them is so weird/interesting to think 4 guys who have sold very well in their career and yet after so long no one has yet to figure who are the men behind the music because of their dreams of becoming dentists seriously only in Japan would you find such a odd but amazing band

haha that is true i love that story behid them. I also like that though cause then you know they don't really want the whole fame and stuff but to make music.....and become dentists :STbigSmile:
but i love just about all of their songs
xD

kiMi67
8yr ago
144,728 jpops
permalink Have some of you checked out the hudson website? It looks like GReeeeN is gonna make a PV where they will feature the main actors from all their other PVs.

There's a 40 sec. sample and from what I've seen the actors are from: Ayumi PV, Haruka PV, High G.K Low PV, Hito PV and I think Michi PV.

It looks like it's gonna be released on 1st april.

Itinerant
8yr ago
263 jpops
permalink wow thats so exciting!
i fell in love with GReeeeN not too long ago, im looking forward to this

mozziesan
8yr ago
145 jpops
permalink I love GReeeeN so much! I remember first hearing one of their songs on the commercial for the Rookies' movie. Just listening to their songs really makes me feel good whenever I hear them :) I really like Kiseki :RBheart:

conan
8yr ago
2,548 jpops
permalink I love GReeeeN and their songs! :RBheart:

Moonchain
8yr ago
598 jpops
permalink They are one of my favorite J-pop groups!!! Behind only Arashi. NOTHING tops Kiseki! . . .okay maybe Truth or Flavor of Life come close. . .but that's it! No matter what mood I'm in, when I hear it I can't help but smile and fall into the spirit of it.

My Top 5 GReeeeN songs!
1. Kiseki
2. Hikaru
3. Haruka
4. Ayumi
5. Setsuna[edit]Last edit by Moonchain on Tuesday 23 Mar, 2010 at 17:09 +4.6%[/edit]

ginjinkun
8yr ago
3,361 jpops
permalink GReeeeN is one of, if not my favorite Japanese group out there :D There's tons of songs by them I love... SUN SHINE!!!, Mata ne., Kiseki, Kimi Omoi, Tobira, HIGH G.K LOW, Setsuna, are only a few of my favorite GReeeeN songs!

Arashiis1
7yr ago
72,872 jpops
permalink I love green's songs!!

josias
7yr ago
22,184 jpops
permalink Source: generasia

Green boys is GReeeeN's second digital single. This single is a part of Green Boys Project to help the victims of 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. The single is AVAILABLE FOR FREE download on the Green Boys Project website until 30 September 2011.

Check it guys....... that's awesome!! especially it's FREE XD

->http://greenboysproject.jp/
->click the green box
->scroll down and look at the three box
->click the left one
->download and extract it XD

NihonxOOR
7yr ago
343 jpops
permalink I just love GReeeeN!!! And I love they're song Hana Uta! I really hope to hear more from them! And I really hope that they show they're faces soon!!! I wanna know who does these awesome songs!!!

cnidaria2jin
7yr ago
2,932 jpops
permalink FREAKING LOVE THIS GROUP *__________*

himitsu05
6yr ago
3,294 jpops
permalink Simply one of the best <3

chikon
6yr ago
710 jpops
permalink love their songs! especially kiseki! nice PV for that as well!

yonicholas
6yr ago
794 jpops
permalink so awesome

himitsu05
6yr ago
3,294 jpops
permalink They are indeed very awesome <3

kimkuro
5yr ago
2,364 jpops
permalink Hey guys, their new album can be preorder now right? I wonder which version should I choose....I'm newbie in buying online. Should go for limited edition with DVD right?

Sorameai
5yr ago
24,519 jpops
permalink I'm just imagining being at the dentist as a patient of one of the members and having no idea that they are in this band haha xD
seriously though, I wish they would reveal themselves soon :(

lovevisualkei
5yr ago
40,647 jpops
permalink ive never listened to them.. can someone tell me what genre they are??

LyrreChelle
5yr ago
5,682 jpops

LyrreChelle
5yr ago
5,682 jpops

akamepeace
5yr ago
1,717 jpops
permalink I first heard their song Kiseki in the drama Rookies and I started to love this band. I do love most of their songs and currently I'm listening to Itoshi Kimi e.

Arashiis1
5yr ago
72,872 jpops
permalink Wow it's been a long time since I've listened to them and an even longer time since I first heard them This is nostalgic. I'm going to go listen to my favorite greeeen song Kiseki <3

chiiyox3
5yr ago
1,485 jpops
permalink Oh my God , GReeeeN is definitely one of my favorite JPop-Bands <3
I just love their songs , they are all so great *-*
My favorite songs are

* Hana Uta
* Misenai Namida wa kitto itsuka
*Itoshi kimi e

:-)

akamepeace
5yr ago
1,717 jpops
permalink Have you all listened to Bokura no Monogatari? If not, please do because it is really an awesome song that encourages life even if it's painful.

LyrreChelle
4yr ago
5,682 jpops
permalink their latest song is nice :)

marcx
4yr ago
1 jpops
permalink i recently discover this band and i like their music

koto95
4yr ago
1,239 jpops
permalink such a good band! i found them from watching gille's video, a cover of love letter!

DeviLAngeL
4yr ago
4,729 jpops
permalink i did not know Greeeen is jpop and not jrock!i like this group

blackboysinginginjapanese
4yr ago
219 jpops
permalink I love GReeeeN so much that I performed キセキ(kiseki) at a Japanese festival in London called Hyper Japan Christmas Market 2014.
Check it out guys.

Mochi21
3yr ago
19,255 jpops
permalink Love GreeeeN♡♡♡soothing, relaxing and meaningful~couldn't ask more...

meisareru
3yr ago
6,202 jpops
permalink I started listening Greeeen because Kiseki'song
It's perfect voice ! I like every song of Greeeen !

millionsuns
3yr ago
185 jpops
permalink haven't updated anywhere, nor here or wikis, but GReeeeN recently launch a new song (don't know what it's called because can't read japanese ><)
GReeeeN - ビリーヴ

Sunny569
2yr ago
35 jpops
permalink Good Evening , i'm also a Fan from GReeeeN :) And i have a Question , is here anyone also from Germany , who likes them too ? Because , my english is not really well x) So i were happy , if i can find someone .. Others are also okay , if you understand my poor english xD

xenon
2yr ago
3,373 jpops
permalink Love their new song

Back  |  Forums    J-Pop central    [Artist] GReeeeN
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service