[Artist] Bring Me the Horizon

16 posts  ·  created 8yr ago by Horizon  ·  last post 2yr ago
Back  |  Forums    General music    [Artist] Bring Me the Horizon

Horizon
8yr ago
74 jpops
permalink who else likes the british metal band Bring Me The Horizon?

if u don't know them here's a little info:

Bring Me The Horizon is a Metalcore band from Sheffield, Yorkshire and formed in 2004 They acquired their name based on a line taken from the film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, in which Captain Jack Sparrow shouts "Now... Bring me that horizon.".

the current band members are:
Oli Sykes - Vocals
Lee Malia - Guitar
Matt Kean - Bass
Matt Nicholls - Drums, Percussion
Jona Weinhofen - rhythm guitar, keyboards, programming, vocals

Albums released:
This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For EP (October 2, 2004)
Count Your Blessings (October 30, 2006)
Suicide Season (September 26, 2008)
There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret (October 4, 2010)

[edit]Last edit by Horizon on Friday 01 Oct, 2010 at 11:31 +58.2%[/edit][edit]Last edit by Horizon on Friday 01 Oct, 2010 at 09:43 +5.2%[/edit]

KawaiiBonnie
8yr ago
512 jpops
permalink I've heard of them~
I might get to see them live next year, too! :)
However, I don't listen to them very much xD
I've heard one song, and it was like...once :P

kai09
8yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink Yes yes yes yes yes yes BMTH, YEAH! :rock:

At first I didn't really like them; I told myself I'll never listen to their kind of music since I can't really stand metalcore/hardcore.

And then [i]It Never Ends[/i] came out...

...and I was hooked! Have listened to some songs on their Suicide Season and Count Your Blessings albums. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like [i]The Sadness Will Never End[/i], [i]Suicide Season[/i], [i]Diamonds Aren't Forever[/i], of course [i]It Never Ends[/i] (my current favorite), [i]Fifteen Fathoms, Counting[/i], [i]Pray for Plagues[/i], and a whole lot more.

Strangely, I can't seem to like [i]Chelsea Smile[/i]...
[edit]Last edit by kai09 on Saturday 06 Nov, 2010 at 03:17 +3%[/edit]

kai09
8yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink And certainly it doesn't hurt that Oli Sykes is sooooo good-looking and adorable :RBhalo:

I just love Oli Sykes. :RBheart:

But that's not the sole reason why I decided to listen to BMTH.

Horizon
8yr ago
74 jpops
permalink Oli Sykes is a bad ass! its to sad your not really into metalcore (its my fav genre)

my fav songs by them are The Sadness will Never End, Chelsea Smile, Suicide Season, Pray For Plaguesm, RAAWWWRR!!!!, and It Never Ends (of course!)
but the only album i own by them is Suicide Season

kai09
8yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink I don't like metalcore that much since I don't like it when all they do all throughout the song is scream or growl or inhale. It makes my head ache. I would like some clean vocals..

But Bring Me The Horizon is in a different league. :RBhalo:

Well, I guess if I find some worthy metalcore bands I might be hooked. :) I like the instruments (guitars, drums, etc.) in metalcore, it's just the growl/scream/inhale overload.

Horizon
8yr ago
74 jpops
permalink i pretty much agree that BMTH is in a different league Oli screams differently then he used to... which pisses alotta people off that he changed his vocal sound
but i liked them back then and i like them now and probably allways will like bmth

when it comes to post-hardcore or metal core i do like a good mix of clean and scream vocals too

kai09
8yr ago
4,188 jpops
permalink Yeah, it also pisses me off that a lot of people are pissed that Oli has "changed" or that BMTH has gone soft. Well, for me it doesn't matter.

Yes, like you, I've liked them then and still like them now, no matter how much metal or soft they go.

Horizon
8yr ago
74 jpops
permalink THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR AGREEING WITH ME! :high5:
BMTH are pretty much gods!

mikeylovesharuna
7yr ago
23,590 jpops
permalink OMG DUDES, I FUC*ING LOVE BMTH <3 I go all fanboy moment when there is a new album or music video out <3

CloudStrifey
3yr ago
75,732 jpops
permalink They're pretty wicked! I got hooked by "Sleepwalking" but "Go to Hell for Heavens Sake" is my favourite by them. I bought their Sempiternal album, which was pretty good!

ensorcelledAubade
3yr ago
13,445 jpops
permalink I used to be a pretty big fan, but I generally stopped listening to them not long after sempiternal came out

auroracristate
3yr ago
8,853 jpops
permalink I used to listen to them waaay more than I do now, I was so into them a few years ago, but I still am, I mean less, but I can't say I don't love them anymore ;;
Everytime I hear a song of theirs I get all the feels and I feel nostalgic cvc
They'll always have a special place in my heart ;;;;

ensorcelledAubade
3yr ago
13,445 jpops
permalink They are a pretty good band :3

weebllikespie
3yr ago
712,398 jpops
permalink I used to listen to them a lot back during my angsty teenage years lol~ I'm not normally into metalcore as such but these guys are something else! 'Shadow Moses' will have to be my fave~ I just get such an intense rush every single time :D

ensorcelledAubade
2yr ago
13,445 jpops
permalink Dayum 11 months since i commented here? I really need to watch a few of their old MVs for nostalgia

Back  |  Forums    General music    [Artist] Bring Me the Horizon
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service