[Artist] Big Bang (Part 2)

272 posts  ·  created 6yr ago by kibum290  ·  last post 6mo ago
Back  |  Forums    K-Pop central    [Artist] Big Bang (Part 2)

kibum290
6yr ago
5,188 jpops
permalink Ok so this is the 2nd part of the topic Big Bang because the other one got locked because it almost reached 1,000 posts...yay LOL anyways
LET'S TALK ABOUT BIG BANG <3333

lvsanchez115
6yr ago
92 jpops
permalink WOOOOOOOO!! Let the fangirling continue!! :D

http://www.asianpopcorn.com/Themes/Images_other/201022671433.jpg[edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Wednesday 05 Jan, 2011 at 21:16 +6.1%[/edit]

YukiLee
5yr ago
475 jpops
permalink I would pay to be that ice cream *_*

lvsanchez115
6yr ago
92 jpops
permalink WHOA did NOT mean for the pic to be that huge!! Oh well I'm sure the girls don't mind too much hehe

bluesweater
6yr ago
420,421 jpops

resize the pic:

[*IMG=500]pic link[*/IMG]
remove the * before you post it.

[edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Wednesday 05 Jan, 2011 at 23:43 +7.4%[/edit]

didikong
6yr ago
110 jpops

lishen
6yr ago
2,937 jpops
permalink [TRANS] 110105 TVXQ-Big Bang-MBLAQ: Fierce Competition Among Male Groups In New Year

In the start of the new year of 2011, the competition between male idol groups is already heating up.

While MBLAQ, leading the new generation of male groups like INFINTE, Teen Top and more, is releasing their new album, the original top idol groups like TVXQ and Big Bang are releasing their new albums at the same time. This is also an indication that the music industry, which has been a “woman’s world” in recent years, will be blown away by the male groups.

On the 5th, TVXQ released their title track “Why (Keep Your Head Down)” from their special album and the Big Bang sub-unit GD&TOP released 3 title tracks – “High High”, “Oh Yeah” and “Knock Out” – attracting a lot of popularity. Some time in January, Big Bang’s maknae Seungri will be releasing his solo album.

Before the release of their first full length album, MBLAQ entered the exciting battle with the release of their title song “Cry” on the 3rd. Once “Cry” was released, they have been rising up the ranks of real-time search rankings on music sites like Mnet, Bugs and more, becoming a part of the battle for the top with competitors like TVXQ, Big Bang and IU.

In comparison with the same time frame last year, this is a drastic change as SNSD dominated the music industry with “Gee” and “Oh!” then.

source: [Naver + BaiduTVXQ]
translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net
shared by: tohosomnia.net
Do not remove/add on any credits

ewa9445
5yr ago
339 jpops

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink wow i didn't think it already made it to part 2....
but i can see why...it was mainly me that posted news of Big Bang of course hehe! :RBheart:

anyway...hmmm in big bang i changed my favorite members for the first time :RBcrying: its sad cuz i was in denial on who was my favorite...but now i really think its official on who my favorite members are...but i think it might still change when seungri makes his debut and when big bang make there debut as a group...
it used to be:
T.O.P
G-dragon
Taeyang
Seungri
Daesung

but right now...these are my favorite in order:

G-dragon :love:
T.O.P :totallylove:
Daesung :lovec:
Seungri :RBheart:
Taeyang :jangel:

again it might change...well im pretty sure it will...except for probably my top 2...but im not sure.
hehe we will see ^^

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6898/bigbangtimes.jpg

FriedRiceGurl
6yr ago
5,805 jpops
permalink Oh lord.. don't get me started about my passion for Big Bang.. It happened like last month.. but it feels like forever!! This is how it happened: Okay.. in like the beginning of December I was obsessed with Super Junior. So.. I was on You Tube searching for more Suju vids.. but I accidentally stumbled upon a G- Dragon video.. one of him singing "This Love". I thought it was pretty awesome and me being new to K-pop I didn't know that he was actually in a group called a Big Bang. I didn't know Big Bang existed! XD But as like maybe 2.. 3 days went on, I found out he wasn't just solo.. he had 4 other cutie pies singing along with him. Then I became obsessed. It's crazy!! <3 Big Bang is my one Love.. My mom even discovered this Big Bang shizz *rolls eyes* I can't believe she would be the least interested in K-pop/ J-pop! :O I was surprised.

These are the members in order form my fave to least fave::

G- Dragon :)
T.O.P :D
TaeYang :')
DaeSung :o
SeungRi ;)

This is my mom's list form fave to least fave: Lmao!! :)

TaeYang :')
G- Dragon :)
T.O.P :D
SeungRi ;)
DaeSung :o

Hahaha!! I know almsot EVERYTHING about Big Bang now, so if u have a question... please ask me!! :D

Love, Marissa!!! ;)

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink G-Dragon and Daesung transfer to Gukje Digital University + Daesung with Se7en @ a New Year's Party [NEWS/PHOTOS]
No confirmation or announcement from YG yet but it seems like G-Dragon and Daesung have transferred to Gukje Digital University. According to a KVIP, they're now under the Leisure Sports Department at Gukje. Their senior, Se7en, also graduated from the same department. GD and Daesung used to be Post-modern Music majors at Kyunghee University.

Here are some photos of Daesung with Se7en at a New Year's get-together held at Viking Buffet restaurant last January 7 with some people from Gukje:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TTLpsLfrs8I/AAAAAAAACbM/HyB8F5L73vk/s640/2011-01-07_20.50.04_dkdiehf1.jpg

Source: BigBangUpdates.com

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink Korean boy bands to generate heat in 2011 with new strategy [NEWS]

Expect a fierce rivalry on the Korean music scene this year, as top boy bands are ready to make a comeback.

Until now, the Korean music channels were mostly dominated by popular girl groups or singers like the Girls Generation, but this year the boys are expected to take the lead.

Even before the release of their albums, the long-waited returns of TVXQ and Big Bang have generated heat among K-Pop fans.

In 2011 boy bands, which usually consists of three to six members, will start performing in pairs.

In Japan, this marketing strategy known as "unit" is already being used to show each member's talents and individual qualities by performing in smaller numbers than the original group.

During the end of last year, G-Dragon and T.O.P of Big Bang released the album "GD & TOP," while U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin of TVXQ released "Keep Your Head Down."

Now that the two major music industries in Korea, SM Entertainment for TVXQ and YG Entertainment for Big Bang have released duet albums, there is a growing interest in the changing music scenes for boy bands in Korea.

Internet sites and YouTube have already recorded a high number of viewers, as music fans are ecstatic over the duet performances.

The special edition of TVXQ, "Keep Your Head Down" was released on Jan 5, and within a day the duo had racked up an impressive sales amount of 15,000 copies. U-Know and Max will perform in Japan on the 26th to promote their new album.

For Big Bang and TVXQ it has already been over two years since their last album was released.

Their new music shows a major transition from their previous albums. The new album "GD&TOP," is more of a mixture between electronica and hip-hop, with thumping house beats.

On Dec. 23, the boys of the group BEAST divided into three units of two members for duets for the popular Korean music program, Mnet Countdown.

The hip-hop duet "Thanks To" was performed by Yo-seop and Jun-hyung, the R&B "Let It Snow" by Hyun-seung and Gi-Kwang and the ballad "When the Door Closes" by Du-jun and Dong-woon.

"When six members perform together, what each individual performer can show is limited," their agency said.

The agency further commented that the benefit of performing in duos is that the members can emphasize on their individuality and further reveal their talents such as their singing voice.

Source: Korea Herald via Yahoo Singapore
Thanks zannymanny for the tip!

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/01/korean-boy-bands-to-generate-heat-in.html#ixzz1BDsgjUuL[/b][/color]

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink Big Bang Times Magazine Volume 01 Q&A [NEWS]
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2425/bigbangviptimes.jpg
Q1: What did you do on your recent days off?
G-Dragon: Fuji Q
SOL: Study
T.O.P: I don't have days off
D-Lite: I was sleeping the whole time
V.I: I went to Fuji Q! It was great!

Q2: What did you buy recently?
G-Dragon: Car
SOL: Present
T.O.P: Louboutin men's shoes
D-Lite: Sea Tangle
V.I: I bought pants from Dior. I think it's good for the summer

Q3: What do you always listen to lately?
G-Dragon: OMG
SOL: MJ's PYT (Pretty Young Thing)
T.O.P: Nine Inch Nails' La Mer
D-Lite: Tell Me Goodbye
V.I: Snoop Dogg's Special

Q4: What's your (most recent) favorite food?
G-Dragon: Ocha-zuke (Boiled rice with tea on it. It's a simple Japanese dish)
SOL: Egg, banana
T.O.P: Mozuku! (An algae-like seaweed served in a vinegary sauce)
D-Lite: Sea tangle and fermented soybeans
V.I: I still like Gyudon^^ (Beef bowl)

Q5: What book have you read or a movie that watched recently?
G-Dragon: MJ's history
SOL: Iron Man 2. I think the first one was better than the 2nd one. I want to wear Iron Man's suit!
T.O.P: (blank)
D-Lite: Hachi. Really sad.
V.I: Recently, can't do anything because I'm busy

Q6: Your message to VIP Japan
G-Dragon: I love you!
SOL: Thanks so much VIP Japan!
T.O.P: Thank you always. I’ll do my best and I’ll always show you something new. For BIGBANG's new album and Into the Fire, please give a lot of support.
D-Lite: Wow~!!!! Always thank you!! Let’s be together forever!!
V.I: VIP JAPAN, everyone, we got 3 great prizes from MTV Japan^^ We owe all of our success to everyone. Thank you!

Translation by Noriko @ bigbangupdates
Scans as tagged

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/01/big-bang-times-volume-01-q-news.html#ixzz1BEKDFpFf[/b][/color]

Arashiis1
6yr ago
72,872 jpops
permalink Uwa I am in love with Big Bang~
I especially love their song haru haru, it is so meaningful.
They're the first K-pop band I liked and ares till my favorutie! Although they can't beet Arashi in my brain XD~

My favourite members probably go sort of like this:
:RBheart: GD (gdragon) :RBhalo:
:RBheart: Daesung
:RBheart: SeungRi
:RBheart: Taeyang
:RBheart: TOP

GD, DS, SR and TY all have such beautiful voices that I just can't get enough of.
And I have to say Daesung has the most powerful voice I've ever heard, when I watch them live he overpowers the rest, not that I'm complaining :)

Hmm unlike most I'm not a huge fan of top, in fact I'm not much of his fan. I still love him but I just love the other so much more :))

I am a huge Big bang fan and cannot wait for their new album coming up :D

lvsanchez115
6yr ago
92 jpops
permalink I am more of a Tae Yang fan and am obsessed with his Solar album... but of course I got into Big Bang bc it all started with them! I first saw GD in the "I Need A Girl" MV for Tae Yang which is what sparked my curiosity! They all seem to be very talented and have unique qualities that I don't see in other boy groups. Here are my faves in order (so far...)

:RBheart: Tae Yang!!!! :RBheart: My heart!
Seungri-- Sexiii and loving his solo singles
G-Dragon-- Adorable and very talented producer
Daesung-- Cutie and powerful voice
TOP-- Good looking, Not a big fan of the rapping... but loving the deep voice

BB puts all other Korean boybands to shame!! That's for sure!!

zyrakatVIP
6yr ago
5,822 jpops
permalink very true <3 BB ^_^

lishen
6yr ago
2,937 jpops
permalink 110129 Big Bang will be turning into 'Secret Garden' characters for "2011 Big Show"

Popular idol group Big Bang will be transforming into 'Secret Garden' characters for their comeback concert!

On January 28th, an acquaintance of Big Bang revealed to Star News, "After a 2 year and 3 month hiatus, Big Bang will be opening their comeback concert the day after dropping their new album on February 24th. In this concert, Big Bang will also transform into characters from the popular drama, 'Secret Garden'."

According to this source, the Big Bang members decided to made a comedic parody of 'Secret Garden' to further entertain the fans attending their concert.

Big Bang, having debuted in 2006, held at least one large solo concert a year since 2007, inserting parodies of popular dramas and variety programs every time. So far, Big Bang has parodied 'Coffee Prince', 'Beethoven Virus', 'Boys Over Flowers' and '1 Night 2 Days'.

Big Bang's acquaintance also added, "The attention fans paid to Big Bang's parody videos was always hot and explosive. The individual characters that T.O.P, G-Dragon, Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri will be portraying still remains a secret."

Big Bang will be holding their brand concert, '2011 Big Show', starting February 25th to the 27th in Seoul’s Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium.

source : Star News via allkpop

Rainbowswirl
6yr ago
138 jpops
permalink I so hope one day that Big Bang comes to Texas.
I WANT TO SEE AT LEAST ONE OF MY FAVE. K-POP GROUPS. T~T

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink lol so many Big Bang fans!! xD

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7526/bigbanguniqlo4.jpg
The UT (Uniqlo T-Shirt) Project, launched as a concept store in Harajuku in 2007, now offers limited edition BIGBANG shirts for BIGBANG's upcoming Japan tour, Love & Pain. The shirts will be available in Uniqlo outlets in Japan starting February 5 and for 2 days (February 5-6), the UT Store in Harajuku will be decorated in celebration of the BIGBANG x Uniqlo collaboration.

Official Uniqlo website: http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/ut/bigbang/
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqm1snji2I/AAAAAAAADGs/Q9oq2qX0s_4/s1600/BIGBANGUNIQLO3.jpg

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink GD&TOP on rumors, contract controversies, and scandals [NEWS]
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqiy4Ls_SI/AAAAAAAADGo/BDxNDt4_KvY/s1600/GDTOPBABYGOODNIGHT.jpg
Although the members of Big Bang are achieving much success in a variety of different areas, the repercussions from their two-year hiatus are still being felt. During their absence, rumors began circulating about discord between the groupmates themselves and their label, YG Entertainment.

In an interview with Union News, G-Dragon and T.O.P took the time to clear up the rumors with their own honest thoughts.

The reporter first addressed the issue of rumored discord between the members, and the two looked as if they had expected the question. They said:
“Each of us have different tastes, but regarding music, whether we’re on our own or working as all five together, we are of the same opinion.
One time, our CEO, Yang Hyun Suk, told us that we didn’t look as close as other groups did. In front of the cameras, we don’t act any different from how we normally do, so from a third party perspective, we can understand how it could look like that. It’s just like how you don’t tell your family members you love them every single day – our dynamic is like that, and we don’t change. Because each of us have such individuality, we’re an ideal combination."

Unfortunately, those rumors of discord amongst the members later spread out to include their label as well. G-Dragon explained:
“We can’t avoid having arguments with our agency, but we solve it through music. To us, satisfying our musical endeavors is the most important thing, and our agency completely supports our music productions. That being said, we don’t have any actual problems with our agency. We’re allowed to bring our own thoughts and opinions into the promotion style as well.”

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqixtg5gaI/AAAAAAAADGg/oCw0oHpuaYg/s1600/GDTOPBABYGOODNIGHT3.jpg
The two were also asked for their opinions on the contract disputes that TVXQ and KARA were undergoing with their respective agencies. G-Dragon stated:
“We’re an idol group as well, so hearing about such events don’t feel foreign to us. It’s something that we could have gone through. I’m sure that a lot of different issues were stacked in order for the problem to have reached such a point, but in the end, it comes down to there being a problem in the process of resolution. What’s most important is for the agency and the artist to look upon the future, and to protect their loyalty to one another.”

T.O.P mentioned that the rising popularity of Korean idols overseas also gave idols an additional responsibility. He said:
“I recently visited Japan to promote ‘Into the Fire‘, and Japanese reporters asked me about the KARA dispute. I felt upset because it seemed as if the Japanese thought that ‘Korean singers were all a problem.’ I told them that the information might have been exaggerated, and to please trust the artists. An artist’s problems can only be resolved by the artist – I hope Korean artists promote more actively there as well.”

Regarding the term ’slave contract’ being constantly brought up whenever there is a contract dispute, the two expressed:
“It’s upsetting that the term has even been created. It’s wrong for people to view singers as slaves, and we feel animosity towards those who view artists as products.”
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqiyRRinAI/AAAAAAAADGk/CmhuClWW8KA/s1600/GDTOPBABYGOODNIGHT2.jpg
When asked about some of the more recent scandals they’ve been swept up in, G-Dragon replied:
“The scandals weren’t true, but I don’t feel anything negative about them. Whenever I see Hollywood stars sucked into scandals, regardless of whether it’s true or not, I become jealous. I’m 24 years old now, so falling in love is natural. In writing songs, experience is the best, but because my profession is a singer, I have to work to hide it. These days, I feel that our fans are working to understand our opinions and point of views.
Even CEO Yang Hyun Suk does not ‘touch’ on matters regarding our love life. If we were to ever get girlfriends, he’d probably reach out and ask to have a meal together.”

T.O.P revealed that he’d keep his relationships a secret as well. He said:
“Even if I do date, I plan to hide it and keep it a secret. I hate being ruled as something just because I’m dating. Everyone has their own style, but it’s important to me that I keep a ‘territory’ of myself hidden.”

This mindset was said to have been the result of the constant stress they received from gossip. While reminiscing back to his plagiarism controversy in 2009, G-Dragon concluded:
“I was once at the center of gossip. I was afraid to even open my eyes and lost my confidence to the point where I found it difficult to even see my parents. Now that I look back, I feel that it was an opportunity of growth for me. You have to lose something in order to grow.”

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/02/gd-on-rumors-contract-controversies-and.html#ixzz1Cx566EgF[/b][/color]

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqixtg5gaI/AAAAAAAADGg/oCw0oHpuaYg/s1600/GDTOPBABYGOODNIGHT3.jpg
The two were also asked for their opinions on the contract disputes that TVXQ and KARA were undergoing with their respective agencies. G-Dragon stated:
“We’re an idol group as well, so hearing about such events don’t feel foreign to us. It’s something that we could have gone through. I’m sure that a lot of different issues were stacked in order for the problem to have reached such a point, but in the end, it comes down to there being a problem in the process of resolution. What’s most important is for the agency and the artist to look upon the future, and to protect their loyalty to one another.”

T.O.P mentioned that the rising popularity of Korean idols overseas also gave idols an additional responsibility. He said:
“I recently visited Japan to promote ‘Into the Fire‘, and Japanese reporters asked me about the KARA dispute. I felt upset because it seemed as if the Japanese thought that ‘Korean singers were all a problem.’ I told them that the information might have been exaggerated, and to please trust the artists. An artist’s problems can only be resolved by the artist – I hope Korean artists promote more actively there as well.”

Regarding the term ’slave contract’ being constantly brought up whenever there is a contract dispute, the two expressed:
“It’s upsetting that the term has even been created. It’s wrong for people to view singers as slaves, and we feel animosity towards those who view artists as products.”
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqiyRRinAI/AAAAAAAADGk/CmhuClWW8KA/s1600/GDTOPBABYGOODNIGHT2.jpg
When asked about some of the more recent scandals they’ve been swept up in, G-Dragon replied:
“The scandals weren’t true, but I don’t feel anything negative about them. Whenever I see Hollywood stars sucked into scandals, regardless of whether it’s true or not, I become jealous. I’m 24 years old now, so falling in love is natural. In writing songs, experience is the best, but because my profession is a singer, I have to work to hide it. These days, I feel that our fans are working to understand our opinions and point of views.
Even CEO Yang Hyun Suk does not ‘touch’ on matters regarding our love life. If we were to ever get girlfriends, he’d probably reach out and ask to have a meal together.”

T.O.P revealed that he’d keep his relationships a secret as well. He said:
“Even if I do date, I plan to hide it and keep it a secret. I hate being ruled as something just because I’m dating. Everyone has their own style, but it’s important to me that I keep a ‘territory’ of myself hidden.”

This mindset was said to have been the result of the constant stress they received from gossip. While reminiscing back to his plagiarism controversy in 2009, G-Dragon concluded:
“I was once at the center of gossip. I was afraid to even open my eyes and lost my confidence to the point where I found it difficult to even see my parents. Now that I look back, I feel that it was an opportunity of growth for me. You have to lose something in order to grow.”

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/02/gd-on-rumors-contract-controversies-and.html#ixzz1Cx566EgF[/b][/color]

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink Big Bang presents "Love & Pain Tour 2011" [NEWS]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqw34Jlu1I/AAAAAAAADG4/W8v9AJnxDtM/s1600/BIGBANGLOVE%2526PAIN2.jpg
Tour dates:
May 10 (Tue) and 11 (Wed) @ Osaka-jō Hall
May 13 (Fri), 14 (Sat), 15 (Sun) @ Makuhari Messe
May 17 (Tue) and 18 (Wed) @ Nagoya Gaishi Hall

Official "Love & Pain 2011" Website:
http://www.ygbigbang.jp/2011lovepain/

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/02/bigbang-presents-love-pain-tour-2011.html#ixzz1Cx5o65Oo[/b][/color]

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink High High & I Need a Girl Parodies at MBC Lunar New Year’s Special, Dance Battle

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink “Baby Goodnight” MV Achieved a Million Views on Youtube!

The power of two!
The GD&TOP Crew is on high high as their music video gained a whooping million views on Youtube in just three days! Released January 31, 2011, the video landed on the frontpage of Youtube today as one of the most popular video under the music category.
The video is most viewed by females aged 13-34 and is the top-rated video for this week in Japan according to statistics. It is also the 3rd top-rated video under music as of this writing.

Total Views: 1,017,001
Total Views: 1,017,001

Ratings: 15782 Comments: 7,837 Favorites: 10,446
Dislikes: 577
Links
Date Link Views
A
Feb 01, 2011 First view from a mobile device 63,185
B
Feb 01, 2011 First embedded on – www.allkpop.com 37,887
C
Feb 01, 2011 First embedded on – www.facebook.com 25,312
http://www.facebook.com/
http://www.facebook.com/home.php
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf
D
Feb 01, 2011 First referral from YouTube – Homepage 23,376
E
Feb 01, 2011 First referral from a subscriber module 23,315
F
Feb 01, 2011 First referral from YouTube – /v/zRJ4IzpfV 13,641
G
Feb 01, 2011 First referral from – www.facebook.com 10,247
http://www.facebook.com/
http://www.facebook.com/home.php
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo
H
Feb 01, 2011 First embedded on – bestgm.bestiz.net 10,041
http://bestgm.bestiz.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=guestmusic2003
http://bestgm.bestiz.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=guestmusic2003
I
Feb 01, 2011 First embedded on – www.bbvipz.com 9,290
This video is most popular in:

Audiences:
This video is most popular with:
Gender Age
Female 13-17
Female 18-24
Female 25-34
Honors for this video (6)
#34 – Top Rated (This Week))
#1 – Top Rated (This Week)) – Japan
#3 – Top Rated (This Week)) – Music
#1 – Top Rated (This Week)) – Music – Japan
#72 – Top Rated (All Time)) – Japan
#42 – Top Rated (All Time)) – Music – Japan

love323able
6yr ago
1,882 jpops
permalink http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6401/utbbpress0920110205.jpg

So many ppl lined up for UNIQLO BB goodies

Big Bang set an amazing record by selling out all their UNIQLO T-shirts within 15 minutes after they went on sale.

On February 5th, 825 UNIQLO stores across Japan began retailing special Big Bang T-shirts in celebration of the group’s upcoming tour. The brand boasted 10 different designs for the collaboration, and according to the company, every single Big Bang item was sold out within 15 minutes of the stores’ opening.

As of the 6th, fans who were unable to purchase the shirts have been expressing their disappointment by uploading pictures of empty shelves.

The Japanese media were amazed by the hundreds of fan-consumers who lined up outside of the stores before they even opened. For example, the line-up for the Harajuku location stretched all the way to Shibuya, freezing traffic in the area.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1876/utbbpress0620110205.jpg

http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/pt/2011/02/06/201102060855773757_2.jpg

Some dedicated fans XD

http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/pt/2011/02/06/201102060855773757_1.jpg
Until everything is GOOOONNNNNEEEE!!!!!!

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1201/bigbangjapanblog4.jpg
Cute Seungri :RBheart: <----- 1st time saying that actually XD
and others as well :hroll:

Source:NATE via bb-updates+TEAMBIGBANG+
Tisya & Vic @ bigbangupdates + video from bbvipz
http://news.nate.com/view/20110206n02020
http://community.livejournal.com/aramatheydidnt/1835974.html?view=120053958#t120053958

[edit]Last edit by love323able on Monday 07 Feb, 2011 at 02:27 +9.6%[/edit]

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink YouTube taking 'hallyu' on international ride [NEWS]
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dsT84RcXY2g/TVOGb8NZHdI/AAAAAAAAACM/qZ6iRnlPXcs/s1600/bb25683.jpg
The management of SM Entertainment, one of the biggest pop music agencies here, was amazed when they saw fans waiting in line for “SM Town Live 2010 World Tour in LA” last September. Among some 15,000 fans who gathered in Los Angeles for the concert featuring K-Pop singers including Girls’ Generation and Super Junior, Korean fans made up only 30 percent. Asians other than Koreans accounted for 20 percent, and half were non-Asians. Fans came from not only within the United States, but also from Europe and Latin America. Hallyu, or the Korean wave, seems to have turned into a truly global phenomenon.

YouTube globalizes Hallyu
The first wave of Hallyu started in Japan a decade ago with the Korean TV drama “Winter Sonata.” Its hero Bae Yong-joon won hearts of Japanese ladies, who gave him the affectionate nickname “Yonsama.” Bae and a number of handsome actors led the first wave of Hallyu, mostly in Japan and other Asian countries as non-Koreans came to enjoy Korean dramas.

The second wave of Hallyu reached beyond Asia, with singers like Rain, Boa and the Wonder Girls advancing into the United States.

The third wave of Hallyu has broadened the sphere. It has become a global phenomenon. Music videos of idol stars like Girls’ Generation, 2NE1, Big Bang and 2PM are popular around the world. Behind this new wave of Hallyu is YouTube.

When SM Entertainment released a teaser video of “Hoot” by its leading girl group Girls’ Generation, or better known as SNSD on the Web, via YouTube last October, it recorded one million views in just two days. This is impressive when considering that CNN’s official YouTube channel recorded only 17,000 views in two months after its launch and ESPN, the U.S. sports channel, attracted 2.4 million views in 8 months.

One will also find hundreds of cover videos uploaded by SNSD fans mimicking the girls’ dancing. “’Cover culture’ has become a cultural phenomenon in some Southeast Asian countries. Recently, videos mimicking Korean idols are increasing in Europe, Latin America and the United States as well,” said Jung Tae-soo, a researcher at Samsung Economic Research Institute.

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/02/youtube-globalizes-big-bang-news.html#ixzz1DcTejikn[/b][/color]

continued ---->

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink continuation

Entertainment firms using YouTube
Impressed by the hot reaction at YouTube, Korean entertainment firms are actively using the channel.

YG Entertainment, another leading entertainment management company, launched a showcase for the first solo album of G-Dragon and TOP, Big Bang members, through YouTube. A total of 11 songs included on the album were released through Big Bang’s official YouTube channel on Dec. 14. The one-hour live-streamed world premiere performance attracted 390,000 users worldwide.

YG had its girls’ group 2NE1 release three music videos from their first official album through YouTube’s main page and its official channel. “Clap Your Hands,” “Can’t Nobody” and “Go Away” recorded over 10 million views in just two weeks. “Clap Your Hands” in particular marked 470,000 hits on the day it was released, ending up as the most viewed video of the day on You Tube.

YouTube is saving them much of the marketing cost as well. Taeyang, a member of Big Bang, unveiled his first album “Solar” via YouTube without overseas marketing activities last July. It rose to No.2 in R&B sales in the United States and to the top in Canada on iTunes, for the first time for an Asian musician.

2PM of JYP Entertainment, which manages girl group Wonder Girls as well, released a teaser video demonstrating the acrobatic abilities of each member on Oct. 7. The video ended up as the most viewed video on YouTube worldwide for that day.

Real time Hallyu
Thanks to digital devices, Hallyu has turned into a real-time phenomenon. “The new Hallyu is expanding to Europe, the Middle East and Latin America from the previous hotbeds of China and Southeast Asia. In the past, they got popular in Korea first and then spread to other countries but it isn’t like that anymore. It is now consumed simultaneously around the world,” points out Jung.

He said that the expansion of social media, including YouTube, triggered the new Hallyu. People anywhere can access content uploaded on the YouTube channel. He added that the caption service by YouTube lowered the language barrier for Hallyu.

"Great content that is mass-produced in the very small and competitive local market has met global digital platforms like YouTube and earned widespread acclaim among users from all over the world,” said Suh Hwang-wook, a Google Korea director in charge of the YouTube partnership.

“Whereas the pre-existing 'Analog Hallyu Korean Wave' was only distributed offline in a single country at a time, the 'Digital Hallyu Korean Wave' is progressing across the globe simultaneously, and therefore its growth potential is boundless," he added.

According to an analysis of the official YouTube channels of SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment, which are the biggest three in the industry, the total number of views generated by Korean music-related videos was 793,574,005 in 229 nations in 2010 alone. Some of views were from countries far from Korea such as Malta, Cyprus and Aruba, showing the unlimited potential of Hallyu coupled with the digital service.

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/02/youtube-globalizes-big-bang-news.html#ixzz1DcTnIZMy[/b][/color]

more continuation --->

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink Income model
The entertainment agencies and YouTube are working for mutual benefit through partnerships. While the agencies provide premium content in demand, YouTube helps its partners with various advertisement features, ranging from brand channels, a video statistics service and content identification (CID). CID protects the entertainment firm’s copyright over content by detecting videos that include even a minor portion of a partner’s content, helping to increase revenue by putting advertisements there. The partner entertainment agency and YouTube share the advertisement revenue that they get for each click.

Partner firms can also analyze location, age, and gender of viewers through YouTube’s statistics service.

Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2011/02/123_81039.html

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/02/youtube-globalizes-big-bang-news.html#ixzz1DcTxzFTQ[/b][/color]

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink im just so..................excited!!

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink When is their new album coming out again?

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink on the 24th its released!! this week! xD

lvsanchez115
6yr ago
92 jpops
permalink AHHHHHHH YAY! Big Bang is Back!! And on itunes, so that means I get it as soon as it comes out! And its a pay day??? That's whats up! I'm not really feeling the wardrobe choices for the new pics, but hey I'm all for original fashion. I wish TOP and Seungri wouldve kept their hairstyles as they were... but DaeSung is looking right w the new cut!

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink i like there outfits! xD
i kinda wished SOL changed it...but idk i like his original also!
i know i love Dlites new hair to!! ^^

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink First Big Bang comeback teaser (G-Dragon) released
http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/20110219_bigbang_g-dragon.jpg
As fans are patiently waiting for the return of Big Bang, YG Entertainment has been feeding their salacious appetite by recently unveiling concept photos and the track list for their upcoming 4th mini-album.

Now, as Big Bang’s return is only 5 days away and it seems they’re going one step further by releasing a comeback teaser for each member before the eventual release. The first one features the leader, G-Dragon and was posted on his official me2day page. You get a small glimpse for an upcoming track and you can hear him state, “Such a beautiful night.”

One representative commented, “Starting with G-Dragon, Big Bang will be unveiling five different D-5 trailers for each of the members every day.”

Check it out below.

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Seriously, these teasers are driving me crazy! I can't wait! Anyways, here's Seungri's teaser!

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Here's Taeyang's teaser!

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Daesung's teaser!

love323able
6yr ago
1,882 jpops
permalink I luv Taeyang's and Daesung's teaser :D
This i know I'm gonna love :D
*goes to listen to Seungri's teaser*

ViolaM
6yr ago
152 jpops
permalink I love GD's teaser! I'm singing 'What a beautiful night' all the time like an idiot xD
Besides, they chose TOP's teaser to be the last one :(

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Here's TOP's teaser!!

lissofunny
6yr ago
7,588 jpops
permalink SOOO excited for their comeback!!
i'm loving the teasers and i can't wait for their album release!

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Intro teaser

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Final teaser...honestly, this is driving me insane!

muzikfreak
6yr ago
1,449 jpops
permalink Tonight teaser. OMG, they're killing me!

Arashiis1
6yr ago
72,872 jpops
permalink they're coming back today *_*
OMGEE!!!
So excited!!!!

animelove702
6yr ago
563 jpops
permalink im excited to!! need to see the mv!!

im so excited!

i was so happy when they came to my hometown las vegas to film it! xD

lvsanchez115
6yr ago
92 jpops
permalink For all my VIPs that have yet to hear the album... here you go http://alwaystaeyang.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/tonight-is-here-bbs-4rth-mini-album-finally-drops/

courtesy of Taeyang's International Fan Blog :-D Enjoy!!

P.S. I'm Loving "Tonight" and "Cafe" <3 <3 <3

Taiin
6yr ago
431 jpops
permalink LOVE THEM <3
http://shockedfan.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/bigbang1.png

Back  |  Forums    K-Pop central    [Artist] Big Bang (Part 2)