Any authors out there

68 posts  ·  created 9yr ago by Zeeppo  ·  last post 3yr ago
Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Any authors out there

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink Does anyone here write books. I have written a couple clown text books I am taking my first shot at writing sci fi.

Juni
9yr ago
1,198 jpops
permalink I write a looooooot... Mostly short stories and fanfiction, but I have a more serious project going on, taking place in a fantasy setting created from scratch. (Oh the headhache... :RBconfused: ) I also usually write down my dreams when I remember them well enough, and that alone would likely draw any psychiatrist's attention to me if they ever laid their hands on that. I have a lot of unbridled imagination, let's just put it that way. :RBstickout: Anyway. It's always nice to meet a fellow artist. :)

wheyne
9yr ago
2,376 jpops
permalink i just wish my english is good..but its not..i understand english a lot but i'm weak in pronuonce it..aaahhh..grammar too..i write a lot in english about love and dream..sometimes science-fic..hahaaaa..am i a author..??? not yet..i'm still write it in malay version..if it all done i'll translate it in to english maybe..haaahhaaah

haruharu13
6yr ago
1,039 jpops
permalink Don't worry most English speakers don't even understand English grammar hahaha, it doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes but you'll get better! Like in your first sentence "I just wish my english is good" It should be "I just wish my english was good." Even though you're speaking in the present you use past tense. I don't know why but that's english grammar for you most of it doesn't make sense. :) Good luck with learning!

hanachan14
9yr ago
972 jpops
permalink I love to write FanFictions… and I’m currently writing in my journal… unfortunately it’s going to take a long time for me to finish the story even though it’s short!!!

Shitihanta
9yr ago
2,416 jpops
permalink I actually write on a fantasy book right now. I also write short stories from time to time, right now a detective story taking place in Japan. Nothing published so far, though. :RBcrying:

mika
9yr ago
24,974 jpops
permalink Yup. I write a lot.

Mostly I write fan fiction stories. Multi chaptered or one shots.

I also have a novel I am writing on the side. Which, if I finish, I want to send into different book-publishing things.

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink cool it is great to see so many people writting out there

DShorty
9yr ago
903 jpops
permalink It [i]is[/i] great to see so many writers :)
I'd love to write, when I graduate I'll have more time to dedicate to it - and more knowledge of genre and literary technique, hopefully it'll help. I'd love to write, I have a few people encouraging me - guess I'll just wait till I have some time.
:RBhalo:

bluesweater
9yr ago
420,421 jpops
permalink i wrote some stories (just for my self and my friends) x]
but it was a long time ago when i was in highschool.

im just doing a role-play in a site as my passion to write for now :RBstickout:

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink Any Kind of writing Counts. Is there any one else out there that is writing stuff.

Shitihanta
9yr ago
2,416 jpops
permalink I'm writing on a book, and have been writing for the last five months. In fact, it will be completed either today or tomorrow, depending on how fast I am at writing. Of course, it's not "really" finished since now comes six months of revision process as well, but, meh. ^^

Edit to correct: Just finished the epilogue. :) Now comes those said six months of revision.[edit]Last edit by Shitihanta on Monday 06 Jul, 2009 at 14:56 +27.2%[/edit]

FrozenRosePetal
9yr ago
729 jpops
permalink I write a ton of fanfiction for things.

I also tend to write long stories. But I can only get so far. I can never the finish the story because I get bored of writing it. Unless it's a short story, I can't really finish it because it's so hard to make a lengthy novel.

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink If you have anything short poems or that kind of thing it might be interesting to see what kind of stuff people out there are writting

Moonbleach18
9yr ago
4,437 jpops
permalink Well I write tons of stories but I always have the trouble of finishing them, I get writer's block ALOT I mean like here is a poem I've been working on.

I can’t forget the memories and all the times we’ve shared,
But yesterday has faded and we face tomorrow again.
A mix of tears and laughter is what our faces show.
It’s our future but our past is hard to let go.

We go forward to face our dreams,
Living for our memories
We maybe unprepared and lord knows we are scared
But this is the moment we’ve waited for,
To leave and walk thru that door,
We have to keep staying strong,
And continue going on…

I don't know if I should continue though or leave it at that or not lol. Writing is amazing and stressful at the same time.[edit]Last edit by Moonbleach18 on Friday 04 Sep, 2009 at 01:38 +4.5%[/edit]

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
Quote by Moonbleach18

Living for our memories
And continue going on…

That is very nice Moon.

Comparing memories to the past in linear time is a powerful metaphor. To show people that are scared of the future and find comfort in the past is one of the constants of the Human condition.

The poem leaves the reader with a hope that there is something else. If they are willing to continue.

Very nice. Thank you for sharing

fyechan
9yr ago
1,670 jpops
permalink i wrote a lot of short stories and a couple of novel-length stories :laugh:
i'd never write fan-fiction before, because i don't even read them. [well, some of them are good, but it destroys everything if i know the artist they are writing about :RBsealed: ]
sometimes i wrote poems and such [which ended up as a song] :D

ichigo15
9yr ago
6,782 jpops
permalink i always make a lot of fantasy in my head since i was in elementary school
i have 5 stories that i made so far, but unfortunately they're all just in my head
i have tried to write them but it always turn into a failure, he he
but now I'm finally writing one of them
thanks for my best friend who encourage me :)
my stories are usually mix of future world, adventure, love, and friendship
i never thought of publishing my story when i finished it
i just want it for myself

kaspars115
9yr ago
1,204 jpops
permalink I'we considered to write a book about something....Not sure its possible for me to write a book since the idea of the story is really long and complicated.. :)
Maybe ill give it a try, since i love writing...!!!!! ;)
But not sure...!!! :RBundecided:
:RBstickout:

fullmetaljap150
9yr ago
2,830 jpops
permalink well heres a poem i wrote... based on the japanes legend of amaterasu...
buuuut i do write but i dont like t share it...
heres my poem...

Fallen

Amaterasu, a glowing goddess,

She brings the dawn to end the night

Amaterasu, a shining goddess,

She is the sun that gives us light

Amaterasu, a caring goddess,

She protects the people of her lands

Amaterasu, a brilliant goddess,

She holds her world in her hands

Amaterasu, a pure goddess,

Her porcelain skin a gleaming white

Amaterasu, an angelic goddess,

Her brilliant wings a wondrous sight

Amaterasu, a beautiful goddess,

Her silver hair, her heart of gold

Amaterasu, a crying goddess,

Her shattered tears, haunting and cold

Amaterasu, a lonely goddess,

Cold as winter, strong as stone

Amaterasu, a true goddess,

She faced the darkness all alone

Amaterasu, a faithful goddess,

The past is gone, the future, black

Amaterasu, a loyal goddess,

No return; no turning back

Amaterasu, a selfless goddess,

The light returned to the land below

Amaterasu, a fallen goddess,

The sun has risen; she lay below

Zeeppo
9yr ago
378,518 jpops
permalink I am puttering around with the song Big in Japan. Pa-paru Panda is going to do a remake of the song and I am working on the lyrics.

This is it as it stands at the moment

Winter's cityside,
Crystal bits of snowflakes all around my head and in the wind...
I had no illusions
That i'd ever find a glimpse of summer's heat waves in your eyes.
You did what you did to me, Now it's history I see
Does the red thread still connect us?
Things will happen while they can,
I will wait here for my love tonight--
It's easy when you're big in Japan!

Are your big in Japan, tonight
Big in Japan, be tight
Big in Japan where( or "ooh"?) the Eastern Sea is so blue.
Big in Japan, all right, pay, then I'll sleep by your side
Things are easy when you're big in Japan, Are you're big in Japan

Neon on my naked skin
Passing silhouettes of strange illuminated mannequins
Shall I stay here at the zoo,
Or should I go and change my point of view for other ugly scenes?
You did what you did to me, now it's history all I see.
Things will happen while they can...
I will wait here for my love tonight, it's easy when you're big in Japan

Big in Japan, be tight
Big in Japan, oh, the Eastern Sea is so blue.
Things are easy when you're big in Japan, are you big in Japan.

Desperate love resides
Shattered memories of what used to be still haunting my dreams.
I’ve lost my way
With you at my side I hope to find my way home
You did what you did to me, now it's history I see.
Things will happen while they can
I will wait her for my dreams tonight, it’s easy when your big in Japan

Big in Japan, be tight

Oh when your Big in Japan

Big in Japan, be tight

luv0hika0chan
9yr ago
714 jpops
permalink I absolutely LOVE writing :RBheart: . But some of my works ended up at dead ends :no: . I've been running out of ideas :RBcrying: . I keep starting over and i waste a lot of notebooks. But I really enjoy it :totallylove: ! I get so into it I write until midnight :STwink: . I really get into the story and think about it like it's real :RBhalo: ! I need new genres though :confused: !
No more dead ends! :RBohNo:

elenko94
9yr ago
2,049,492 jpops
permalink no, I dont write .. Im not really good at it, so I never get anywhere with it.
But I like reading what other wrote/writes...its often better than the things you buy in the stores, I dont know why..its just a feeling I get

ZoeAngel
9yr ago
175 jpops
permalink I write ALL the time!!! I love it so much...I definitely want to get published, but I haven't yet. I think most of my stuff would only make novelette because most of it so far is kinda short to be a full novel or anything like that. But one day...I only write fiction--all kinds. And some fantasy too. Writing is my way of escaping form the world. My way of being and doing the things I don't think are possible for me in real life. If my real is boring, and this I can MAKE a life that's full of adventure. I can be anything, do anything, anything is possible because it's MY story

Hennu15
8yr ago
462 jpops
permalink Wow so much authors:D
I write fan ficcs, though they're usually very fail...
I have posted some of them on my lj too :STbigSmile: but like I said, they're fail and the fact that my english is not the best isn't helping much either-.-

kit13
8yr ago
16 jpops
permalink I didn't realize so many people were into fanfic. I've never tried that; I do love writing though.
I wrote a 70000 word novella about, uh... 4 or 5 years ago. It would need a lot more revising to be much good, though. Usually when I finish a story I think "this is about the best thing I've ever written." Then 6 months later I realize it kinda sucks. Right now there are about 4 things I've written that I still think are really good (and publishable). I usually write a brand of sci-fi called cyberpunk, or horror, or a horror/sci-fi combination. I don't get into mainstream sci-fi. I like mine to be realistic, real-world kinda stuff, just with computers that are a little more advanced, and often integrated with people's bodies.
I have no fiction published yet, although a few stories are making the rounds right now. I'm sure I'll let you know if something gets accepted!

spookyzaragoza
8yr ago
478 jpops
permalink I've written couple of fan fics too but i do have many rough drafts of novels and some short stories. i did do a children story and was "published" within my school so that the day care could read it.
I will work on a journal type of work that maybe i could publish in the future. having trouble with the name but i think i have it "in the wrong side of the wall"

kheurrhyun
8yr ago
8,517 jpops
permalink I once embarked on writing flippant love stories but now I'm focusing on creative non-fiction....

Solianna
8yr ago
446 jpops
permalink I write quite a lot. Both prose and poetry. At the moment I have a couple of shorter stories under progress but also one huge project and one a bit smaller. I write on whichever I feel like at that moment :) I mostly write Fantasy/Romance and mostly only original stories. But the huge project I'm working on is a HP fanfic actually that hopefully will be quite long.
When it comes to poems... I express my feelings through the poetry like I express fantasies and desires through my stories.
I've had this dream for Goddess know how many years now to become a published author, so that is what I aim for. It's the meaning of my life, if you can say that :D It's just recently that I started posting my stories :RBfrown: And I haven't posted much yet, on my website that is. Only a few poems and the prologue and first chapter of the little smaller project :D

Chibininja
8yr ago
4,617 jpops
permalink I am currently writing the first book in a trilogy that I hope to finish before I go back to school. :)
It still needs to go through some major revision work. :giggle:
It is an action/supernatural story diving into the world of the angels of death or "Reapers" and their line of work.
Maybe one day it will be published, but for now I'm writing it for myself.
I also write a lot of poetry. :)

kaida
8yr ago
679 jpops
Quote by Moonbleach18
Well I write tons of stories but I always have the trouble of finishing them, I get writer's block ALOT I mean like here is a poem I've been working on.

Living for our memories
And continue going on…

I don't know if I should continue though or leave it at that or not lol. Writing is amazing and stressful at the same time.

That's a beautiful poem. Touching, and inspiring.

kaida
8yr ago
679 jpops
permalink I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head for books, and I've been working on them the past month, now that it's finally summer vacation and I don't have loads of homework. It's hard though. I finally write something that I like and then I get an entirely new idea for that part of the book. I swear, I've written one part in my book like fifteen times, at least, and each version is completely different. Why can my brain just not leave it how it is?

Sindra
8yr ago
23,405 jpops
permalink I used to write a lot, but lately I haven't really been able to write anything. Somehow my imagination at the moment sucks. I am able to think up a lot of stories, but when I try to write them down, they aren't interesting.

So until now I only finished two long books. One of them was actually a fanfiction to the Harry Potter books. I wrote it when I was about 12 years old. I should've been 5 books long, but I never got any further than the first bit of the 2nd book. By now I can hardly remember all the details I would've want to write, so it's really hard to ever continue it.
Besides that I wrote a book called: "A cat for 5 days", in which a boy magically turns into a cat to discover the life of a cat. But as I wrote it as some sort of final essay for school, it has a lot of Biology in it. Thus I don't really see it as a real story. Maybe I'll rewrite it sometime and filter all the school stuff out (at least for the most part) Still I really like this book, especially the part in which the two little cats of my grandparents make their appearance. (that's totally my favourite part)

Currently I am still busy with a fanfic to "Fuma no Kojiro", a Japanese drama series. But even thought I've got the story finished on paper, I can't get myself to write it down with the computer and fix the mistakes.

I am a really lazy author it seems. So I'd better just write short fanfics.

shadow22cat
8yr ago
14,740 jpops
permalink I'm currently writing a novel. :) It will probably become a series. ;) It's a fantasy/ horror type of story. I really didn't care about my writing before, even though I always did well with it on papers and such. People would tell me that I should write a book, but I would always shrug it off. :embarassed: After sitting down and starting my novel, I haven't been able to stop since. :boogie: And, I love it! :RBheart:

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink want to read book????

just try to check this one

DON QUIJOTE DE LA MANCHA by MIGUEL de CERVANTES

Alonso Quixano (or Quijano), a retired country gentleman nearing 50 years of age, lives in an unnamed section of La Mancha with his niece and a housekeeper. He has become obsessed with books of chivalry, and believes their every word to be true, despite the fact that many of the events in them are clearly impossible. Quixano eventually appears to other people to have lost his mind from little sleep and food and because of so much reading.

and now.... still want to read?????

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink Just trying new ones..... reading story books are sometimes boring.....
just try new books.... and you eill see....

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink anything... which is ralated to suspense

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink any authors out there who writes about mystery and triller?????

[edit]Last edit by podspac on Thursday 07 Oct, 2010 at 13:07 -6%[/edit]

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink whose the author of this story????

anyone?????

A classical example of this idea (and the origin of the expression "sour grapes") is expressed in the fable The Fox and the Grapes (ca. 620–564 BCE). In the story, a fox sees some high-hanging grapes and wishes to eat them. When the fox is unable to think of a way to reach them, he surmises that the grapes are probably not worth eating, as they must not be ripe or that they are sour. This example follows a pattern: one desires something, finds it unattainable, and reduces one's dissonance by criticizing it. Jon Elster calls this pattern "adaptive preference formation."[1]

A powerful cause of dissonance is an idea in conflict with a fundamental element of the self-concept, such as "I am a good person" or "I made the right decision." The anxiety that comes with the possibility of having made a bad decision can lead to rationalization, the tendency to create additional reasons or justifications to support one's choices. A person who just spent too much money on a new car might decide that the new vehicle is much less likely to break down than his or her old car. This belief may or may not be true, but it would reduce dissonance and make the person feel better. Dissonance can also lead to confirmation bias, the denial of disconfirming evidence, and other ego defense mechanisms.[edit]Last edit by podspac on Thursday 07 Oct, 2010 at 17:49 +1.3%[/edit]

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink if some one knows the author of the story...
please tell me....

[edit]Last edit by podspac on Thursday 07 Oct, 2010 at 17:49 -5.4%[/edit]

podspac
8yr ago
158 jpops
permalink the best book ever......... by miguel de cervantes

Don Quixote (Spanish: About this sound Don Quijote (help·info); English: /ˌdɒn kiːˈhoʊtiː/, see spelling and pronunciation below), fully titled The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote of La Mancha (Spanish: El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha), is a novel written by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes. Cervantes created a fictional origin for the story by inventing a Moorish chronicler for Don Quixote named Cide Hamete Benengeli. Published in two volumes a decade apart (in 1605 and 1615), Don Quixote is the most influential work of literature from the Spanish Golden Age in the Spanish literary canon. As a founding work of modern Western literature, it regularly appears high on lists of the greatest works of fiction ever published.[1]

Alonso Quixano (or Quijano), a retired country gentleman nearing 50 years of age, lives in an unnamed section of La Mancha with his niece and a housekeeper. He has become obsessed with books of chivalry, and believes their every word to be true, despite the fact that many of the events in them are clearly impossible. Quixano eventually appears to other people to have lost his mind from little sleep and food and because of so much reading.

Moonbleach18
8yr ago
4,437 jpops
Quote by kaida
I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head for books, and I've been working on them the past month, now that it's finally summer vacation and I don't have loads of homework. It's hard though. I finally write something that I like and then I get an entirely new idea for that part of the book. I swear, I've written one part in my book like fifteen times, at least, and each version is completely different. Why can my brain just not leave it how it is?

Thanks for your comment about my poem..but yeah to this I really understand. I get stuck at one part because I'm attempting on working on series and when I start writing I get to a point in the story and I'm like, "OH, this might be better..." or "hmm maybe I should do it like this..." Or even sometimes I get so excited about some idea I have for a scene at the other part of the book and I am nowhere close to that point in the story lol. What I find helpful though is writing down all the ideas I have and seeing if I could put it somewhere else along in the story, and try to cancel out the ideas with whether or not they need to go there now or later or even at all. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't but it has helped me out a few times.

Kurenai
8yr ago
677 jpops
Quote by podspac
the best book ever......... by miguel de cervantes

Don Quixote (Spanish: About this sound Don Quijote (help·info); English: /ˌdɒn kiːˈhoʊtiː/, see spelling and pronunciation below), fully titled The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote of La Mancha (Spanish: El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha), is a novel written by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes. Cervantes created a fictional origin for the story by inventing a Moorish chronicler for Don Quixote named Cide Hamete Benengeli. Published in two volumes a decade apart (in 1605 and 1615), Don Quixote is the most influential work of literature from the Spanish Golden Age in the Spanish literary canon. As a founding work of modern Western literature, it regularly appears high on lists of the greatest works of fiction ever published.[1]

wow you just monopolized half a page :shock: ^^

ZaynabAsmal
8yr ago
871 jpops
permalink Yeah, I've written a few stories in my life. I finished a novella when I was in standard 5, and I'm currently working on a real awesome story called 'These Eyes See Only Darkness'. I don't write fanfiction anymore.

On the side I have about 3 other stories that I work on when I'm too frustrated with my other one. :RBstickout:

Nowaki
8yr ago
4,334 jpops
permalink I'm an aspiring author.
I stick to writing fanfiction right now. It's pretty easy to share that xD
I've got a lot to learn right now, but one day I'll have something published...

iHeartKpop12
8yr ago
1,187 jpops
permalink I like to write but i get bored easily.I'm posting them on quizilla but i have only 2 stories, both have no more than 10 chapters.And they arent even that long.
I 'daydream' alot and some of them could become real stories but i'm too lazy to write.And i'm kinda busy too, math just kills me.
Sometimes i get a writers block and i stop writing.Or i just forget about it.
I have a few poems in my language and some in english but i dont think their that good since i have no idea how to make words rhyme :RBfrown: .
When i was little i wanted to become an author but i dont think i will.And i hate that i dont have enough time to write, i love writing.
If someone could invent a machine thingy that could write everything that u think...that would be great, it would save me like....3 hours (i take 3 or 2 hours to write a chapter)

Iynx
7yr ago
292 jpops
permalink I write quite a bit myself, I'm not published or anything but I'm trying to get that done. My genres are horror, science fantasy, fantasy, romance etc.

yatenstar
7yr ago
460 jpops
permalink I am actually writing two books in different genres right now. One is a blog novel that I post on my blog whenever I finish a new chapter. The other is a gothic horror that is taking a looooot of research, but I'm loving every minute of it.

olboyfloats
7yr ago
4,118 jpops
permalink I'm a published Poet and Discordian holy scribe. I have a Discordian Holy Book published called Jonesboria Discordia, and one collection of Poetry published.
I'm about to publish a second collection of poetry and a Discordian interview book.
I have a crowd funding campaign going now to fund the distribution of my new books, if anyone wants to check it out click here.

jaylin
7yr ago
5,398 jpops
permalink who loves to read fanfiction? if you like SHINee fanfics you can read here! please check hehehe!! and subscribe too http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/7732/novus-ferus-fantasy-key-romance-shinee-smut-supernatural-taemin

Back  |  Forums    Books & reading    Any authors out there
JpopAsia   © 2018             Privacy             Terms            
By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Updated Privacy Policy 2.01 and Terms of Service