You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com
Teachers

Posts in Teachers

created by Zeeppo   ·   44 posts
  • Posted by Zeeppo   2 years ago · 19 Apr '12, 19:59pm  
    Zeeppo
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 366,283
    • Shares 213
    • Posts 6,722
    • JPA age
      5 years

Do you have a story about a favorite teacher or one that you hate? Please Share.

Also if you have thoughts about the 1984 Nick Nolte, JoBeth Williams Movie put that here as well. Remember Judd Hirsch was in that one as well.

• Posted by Slivertongue   2 years ago · 19 Apr '12, 21:10pm  
    Slivertongue
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,299
    • Shares 19
    • Posts 386
    • JPA age
      2 years

I use to have a teacher that literally breathe fire at all of her students. She ruined 6th grade for so many children. She made so many cry...ugh! She then had a baby and BAM! She was nice. I feel as though the child drained the evil out of her. OMG! I hope that child isn't evil!

• Posted by Slivertongue   2 years ago · 19 Apr '12, 21:12pm  
    Slivertongue
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,299
    • Shares 19
    • Posts 386
    • JPA age
      2 years

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/internet-memes-mother-of-god-save-us.jpg

• Posted by Zeeppo   2 years ago · 19 Apr '12, 21:34pm  
    Zeeppo
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 366,283
    • Shares 213
    • Posts 6,722
    • JPA age
      5 years

My juggling teacher was ten years old. He was rather good.

• Posted by asianobsessed   2 years ago · 21 Apr '12, 01:02am  
    asianobsessed
    • I'm a woman
    • Jpops 104,957
    • Shares 171
    • Posts 548
    • JPA age
      3 years

I had this really mean science teacher in 7th grade and if the grade on the tests or quizzes were bad she would read off all our grades but she wouldnt tell whose grade it was. Bad part was... we sat in alphabetically order and she would tell us if she was starting at the top of this list or the bottom of this list. So basically we all knew whose grade was who without her telling us.

On the other hand... I had this teacher my senior year... XD... the whole class was failing her tests so she decided we would no longer have tests and just have group work everyday... and wouldnt you know it... everyone made a A in that class. LOL

My brother got the brains so I decided to be insane :D
  • Reply by Zeeppo   2 years ago
    Zeeppo

that is ashame I loved my seventh grade science teacher

• Posted by OshareKeiLover   2 years ago · 21 Apr '12, 04:43am  
    OshareKeiLover
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 64,633
    • Shares 425
    • Posts 3,271
    • JPA age
      2 years

I really loved my 6th grade teacher. He was one of those teachers that were really cool and relaxed and was easy to talk to. If you got a high B in his class, he would bump it up to an A. I got straight As in his class :D

I don't have a dirty mind. I have a sexy imagination~
  • Posted by yasoshlasuma   2 years ago · 21 Apr '12, 05:15am  
    yasoshlasuma
    • I'm a woman
    • Jpops 179,023
    • Posts 9,560
    • JPA age
      6 years

i have had so many teachers over the years, but the most memorable one was my year 10 drama teacher. before she became my teacher, i was extremely shy, but she got me out of my shell. the whole class was really sad when drama ended for us coz it was cancelled the next year.

GASP... I See PEOPLE
  • Posted by vidolltomorrow   2 years ago · 21 Apr '12, 05:16am  
    vidolltomorrow
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 614
    • Shares 89
    • Posts 110
    • JPA age
      2 years

My favorite teacher was my 10th grade english teacher. We had to do this HUGE project for his class, but that is what got me into writing poetry and short stories in the first place. :) His love for his work was awesome.

• Posted by tegoShei   2 years ago · 21 Apr '12, 05:27am  
    tegoShei
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,107
    • Shares 5
    • Posts 1,242
    • JPA age
      4 years

As for me I really idolize one of my University Professor... He's so smart~~ He'll just come inside the room without anything..... He'll be getting the marker from the table and start discussing.. It's as if he memorized everything~~~ He's really good!!! He's like a walking Medical-Surgical Nursing Book~~~ :D

♥ ..coz' I'm best at being ME~~♥
  • Posted by Zeeppo   2 years ago · 24 Apr '12, 18:23pm  
    Zeeppo
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 366,283
    • Shares 213
    • Posts 6,722
    • JPA age
      5 years

Edge of a Dream by Joe Crocker

This is from the movie teachers

• Posted by karmeejane26   2 years ago · 26 Apr '12, 08:46am  
    karmeejane26
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 24,122
    • Shares 173
    • Posts 3,404
    • JPA age
      3 years

Well, I admire all my teachers.. They are just so awesome...
    But there Is one teacher who made me more active and interested in class.. It was my social science teacher... I love listening to his thoughts, comments, and jokes... He is good in making the whole class laugh.... I really love social sciences.. Hehe..
    Now that I just graduated from high school, I will surely miss all my teachers in the HS... XD
    But I am very thankful to them all... :)

ONE OK ROCK is my ADDICTION.
  • Posted by TeaChan   2 years ago · 26 Apr '12, 11:12am  
    TeaChan
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 33,314
    • Shares 17
    • Posts 1,237
    • JPA age
      2 years

I love all my teachers ... They all awesome ! But the favorite is my standard grade English teacher. ^^ I like him because he love to teach us using song. So, I make me more understand. :) Although he always make surprise quiz . Haha.He also my coach when I enter sport. He loves to make a joke. >.<
    Now I'm in high school, I miss them all. :)

He is bling-bling like LED~!
  • Posted by Zeeppo   2 years ago · 26 Apr '12, 21:39pm  
    Zeeppo
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 366,283
    • Shares 213
    • Posts 6,722
    • JPA age
      5 years

well it nice to see that so many people have such a positive view of their teachers.

• Posted by NicoleCoelho   2 years ago · 09 May '12, 19:59pm  
    NicoleCoelho
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 131,315
    • Shares 46
    • Posts 1,026
    • JPA age
      2 years

I didn't have any great teacher. :(
    I never had friendship with any teacher.
    I'm a little indifferent to this, and they didn't like so much me. It's a shame.

"Little melodies will give the greatest cure"
  • Posted by Zeeppo   2 years ago · 10 May '12, 00:10am  
    Zeeppo
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 366,283
    • Shares 213
    • Posts 6,722
    • JPA age
      5 years

That is a shame.

• Posted by darksama   2 years ago · 13 May '12, 10:44am  
    darksama
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 604,930
    • Shares 67
    • Posts 25,143
    • JPA age
      2 years

i just have some teachers that have a good relationship with.. and some are just ignoring me... but i love all my teachers cause they already teach me what ever i need to know...^^

• Posted by RedMongoose   2 years ago · 13 May '12, 11:25am  
    RedMongoose
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 221
    • Shares 51
    • Posts 66
    • JPA age
      3 years

I had a really mean 2nd grade teacher... for like 2 days. I don't even remember her name it was that short. But then she had some kind of illness and quit. So, maybe she was mean because she was sick; I don't know what ever happened to her. After that we had a long-term sub for a few weeks. She had been a really nice sub in 1st grade, but now that she was our long-term sub, suddenly she was kind of mean too. =( But then, she was gone, and we all got an amazingly creative and fun teacher. I feel kinda mean to say good riddance to a teacher who may have just been mean because she was really ill, but yeah, good riddance, the new teacher was ssssoooo much better.

• Posted by ZaynabAsmal   2 years ago · 24 May '12, 19:17pm  
    ZaynabAsmal
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 721
    • Shares 5
    • Posts 516
    • JPA age
      3 years

I've had really amazing teachers in my life but the ones that really made a difference to me were my English teachers. In fifth grade, I had an extremely eccentric but awesome teacher that really encouraged my passion for language and writing. My high school english teacher blows my mind away as well. She's extremely dedicated and teaches in such a way that you never have to learn for a test again because you can take anything someone throws at you. My school rocks :)

Yay for the return of Bleach~!!!
  • Posted by Maltesers   2 years ago · 28 May '12, 11:45am  
    Maltesers
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 528
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 129
    • JPA age
      4 years

An Exceptional Educator

Few years ago while I was reading a book of quotations for teachers and educators, I came across this line: “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides your homework.” And that line reminded me of one of my favorite teachers.

My favorite teacher does her work well, she doesn’t just instruct us to do this and that or order us to go here and there, and she’s definitely not the kind of teacher who gives you “flat one or A+” at the end of the semester. She is someone who teaches discipline, responsibility, and punctuality. She is not popular because she keeps a very low-profile and she is absolutely not popular among the slacking students but she is a REAL TEACHER.

Fear and excitement; that what I felt the first time I entered the class of Dr. Corazon G. Soberano in 2002. I felt fear not because she looked menacing but rather, upon seeing her, I really felt the air of authority. Although she hadn’t said anything yet, in fact, she was just sitting in front of the class waiting for all the students to come in. Excitement because I was so interested to know the feeling of having a doctor as your teacher. And I was also curious to know whether the rumor was true or not.

Well, I’d been hearing that if your teacher is an elderly and at the same time a doctor you would be experiencing unbearable hardships because these teachers expect a lot from their students and they are famous for horrifying their students. Those were just a few of the unpleasant rumors that I heard from a lot of people just because they already experienced having a teacher with PhDs. But, anyway, those people disappointed me because I proved them wrong. Not all teachers are like that and Dr. Soberano is one of the exceptions.

She is not an average teacher; she is so much more than that. Lots of students are really scared of her and she already has a reputation for being a very strict teacher and it may be true. She scolds her students every now and then (but who doesn’t?!) but she doesn’t do it out of whim, when she scolds her pupils it only means that her kids did something wrong and these are what she hates the most:

(1) coming to school without pen (or pencil), and paper,
    (2) coming to class without your book, notes and handouts, and most especially
    (3) coming to classroom without your research and homework/s.

If you don’t have them, I firmly suggest that you skip the class or else, she would just send you out. But just because she is strict, I don’t think that she is very authoritarian or very much up-tight. And just because the she is strict it doesn’t mean she is tyrannical. Honestly, she is just well-disciplined and that is one of the things that I learned from her. I remember, if she hadn’t imposed discipline inside the class I really doubt if all of us would be able to submit our research on time. And knowing my classmates/friends too well, we are quite fond of procrastination. So I am very grateful and I will always be thankful that she taught us the value and importance of discipline because without learning how to be disciplined one would never discover the importance of responsibility.

Ma’am Cora showed us how to be responsible by training us how to discipline ourselves, to be always on time (Oh, and one more thing, she hates late comers too.) and to be responsible and she taught and showed them all together in just one semester. A semester is not enough but even within a limited span of time, we all learned a lot from her. Actually, she does not need to speak or teach us inside the classroom, I can just simply sit and watch her, and then I will certainly acquire and learn from her. That is why she is an exceptional teacher, because just by simply observing what she does, it feels like she’s already sharing her knowledge and wisdom. So everytime we leave the room, we always have something to think about, something to contemplate upon (other than our assignments, of course) like, how to be like her, how to be a REAL teacher. And I have to admit that I still haven’t mastered the art of being a well-discipline, being a responsible, and being a punctual person. I know I still have a very long way to go but I am not that scared anymore because everytime I doubt myself, all I have to do is think of those traits that she inconspicuously taught us and I believe that it will definitely help me achieve my goal and that is to be a REAL teacher.

* * *This was written 3 years ago. Also included in my journal. * * *

wondering, am I too old for this?! ...

Post a reply

an account to post a reply. Already have an account? to post a reply in this topic.

created by Zeeppo   ·   44 posts

Meet-Asian.com Meet new Asian friends! Over 2,000,000 members!

advertisement
Copyright © 2014 JpopAsia · Terms of service · Privacy policy · Community rules