You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com
K-Pop beating J-Pop?

Posts in K-Pop beating J-Pop?

created by drewwerd   ·   216 posts   ·   topic locked
  • Posted by drewwerd   3 years ago · 13 Sep '11, 14:57pm  
    drewwerd
    • I'm a guy
    • Jpops 1,047
    • Posts 1
    • JPA age
      3 years
  • Posted by Kin   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 00:14am  
    Kin
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 608
    • Posts 54
    • JPA age
      4 years

Interesting, I think it's a little bias but it has some valid points. K-pop acts are definitely becoming more dominant in the Japanese music chart. But I wonder how long it'll last.

• Posted by humichan   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 03:40am  
    humichan
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 6,569
    • Posts 111
    • JPA age
      3 years

thats true ! almost all korean songs have the same beat and same style ! whereas the japanese songs have verity of genere !

strawberries <3
  • Posted by Zeta   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 14:15pm  
    Zeta
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 326
    • Shares 6
    • Posts 41
    • JPA age
      4 years

Agree! K-pop music is shallow! I also hate how their butthurt fans get angry and troll at the slightest rant any hater makes. Makes them look pretty lame.

Hehe XD
  • Posted by Otaku101   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 15:57pm  
    Otaku101
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 169
    • Posts 21
    • JPA age
      3 years

Personally I prefer Jpop because it's songs are beautiful and the artists have true passion for their music. The lyrics are amazing and the music is just brilliant. Also there are so many diffent genres of Japanese music. I love Kpop aswell, but I feel it doesn't have the same effect as Jpop. But of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion ^.^

Also a couple of weeks ago, there were protests about a channel showing too many Korean dramas rather then Japanese TV. Could this be a sign that the Japanese are starting to become a bit tired of Korean culture?

I think Jpop is definitely better, but I still love Kpop :)

Konnichiwa ^_^
  • Posted by MintyKid   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 20:13pm  
    MintyKid
    • I'm a chick
    • Jpops 4,949
    • Shares 51
    • Posts 435
    • JPA age
      3 years

I've been reading articles about that too. I wonder how long it going to last. It not just the music that taking over Japan it even the dramas as well. Like what Otaku101 said people been having protest about this saying that Korean culture invasion is brainwashing the Japanese.

• Posted by aceponkana   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 20:33pm  
    aceponkana
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 3,505
    • Shares 14
    • Posts 192
    • JPA age
      3 years

First of all, as a business student who's studying marketing..I think Kpop really is dominating...but I think Jpop still is good(Not to mention they've a lot of new artists I can't waqit to debut!!) it's just that KPOP right now in the marketing cycle is either in its growth or in its maturity level while JPOP is still on the top of the cycle..slowly moving down..and sometime up.., My opinion xD

I heard like the thing that happened in Fuji TV started because the CEO graduated from a university in Korea..and of what I've heard..most Koreans are really Patriotic that they have to think of their own country's pride and image first..
    Also..like the workers who work for Fuji TV lose their jobs if they say something on TV that they don't listen to KPOP or that they're against it...
    TBH, I used to like kpop..maybe even more than JPOP..but after hearing the dirty tricks some of them are pulling of...I kinda stopped..They're using dirty-underhanded marketing techniques...
    Like what they recently did in Youtube...Hacking the number of views in videos so it would appear like a lot of people watch them..However, the numbers they changed exceeded the views on videos of american artists..which was impossible..

Anyway..I didn't made up all the facts I wrote
    I watched all of it from this video

You guys must watch it!! I feel really bad about what's happening in the world ryt now!!!

♥U♥
  • Posted by kawaiikame   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 22:28pm  
    kawaiikame
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 180
    • Posts 3
    • JPA age
      3 years

Jpop is very unique and the ones who listen to jpop usually are unique as well and just doesn't go with the flow. They exactly follow a band because of the band's music not because the boy band shows some abs or whatever, we follow jpop because it has a style, kpop is almost as American pop anyway I exactly listen to Jpop and American pop a lot mostly.

But that doesn't mean Kpop bands are not good, no they do have a very good vocalist and good dance choreography as well but still not something very new about their music. Tho I listen to 2PM as I think their music do has a very special style!!

• Posted by KPride731   3 years ago · 15 Sep '11, 22:52pm  
    KPride731
    • I'm a grandpa
    • Jpops 4,786
    • Shares 56
    • Posts 102
    • JPA age
      4 years

yes, with long and hard training, innovative marketing, great music and style and most importantly with real talents
    and not just in japan but in the world

Kpop vs Jpop

btw i see people are still in denial and the comments are so outdated like the music they listen to lol

♬~(*^3(^ε^*)~❤
  • Reply by KPride731   3 years ago
    KPride731

@aceponkana
    dont tell me you are one of those simple minded people who falls for those kind of propaganda lol

• Reply by aceponkana   3 years ago
    aceponkana

It's either that or I have something we call empathy.. xD

• Posted by Yuffinara   3 years ago · 16 Sep '11, 00:07am  
    Yuffinara
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 2,566
    • Shares 10
    • Posts 229
    • JPA age
      3 years

Honestly, what I don't get is how KPop is making it's way to Japan, yet JPop isn't making it's way to South Korea. Really. I heard one of those AKB48/SND48 (or something or other) groups tried to debut there but they were rejected.

Yeah, well South Korea. How would you feel if we booed your beloved 2NE1, SNSD, Super Junior, and SHINee.

Really. It seems like the main focus for most Korean groups is the whole "how we look" thing. 2NE1's song sucked, and they looked quite odd. SNSD as well for Mr. Taxi. And Super Junior for Mr. Simple. They sound like the Korean versions of Ke$ha. Autotune (sounds like it at least), and music style wise, it's coming to be more like the American crap we hear these days.

cherish - NEWS
  • Posted by kawararenaino   3 years ago · 16 Sep '11, 01:58am  
    kawararenaino
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 6,874
    • Posts 233
    • JPA age
      4 years

Kpop sounds no different from the crap in Ameridan radio stations. No real style whatsoever. But I'm hoping it's just a trend that will get old quickly...

btw... the "butt dance" was all the rage??? THAT'S JUST SILLY! XD

@aceponkana Wow. that video was... something else. Don't get me wrong, it IS interesting.

• Reply by RyanE117   2 years ago
    RyanE117

I've never heard of a place called Amerida. Thanks for the education.

• Posted by LuvsCats   3 years ago · 16 Sep '11, 16:41pm  
    LuvsCats
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 3,538
    • Posts 1
    • JPA age
      4 years

i learn of japanese stuff first before i came to like korean songs and dramas. yes, k-pop stuff r up-to-date, lookwise, stylewise. but at some point they all began to sound similar. those who said japanese stuff r unique, i totally agree with u. not just the music, the dramas and even their animes r too. they may not have the best in looks and physique but their stuff r in a class of their own. their drama, despite their funniness, r full of philosophies of life and human values. now i'm back to being a j-pop, j-drama fan. there's always sumthing new by the japs to look forward to ^^

• Posted by Sukun   3 years ago · 16 Sep '11, 21:02pm  
    Sukun
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 4,115
    • Posts 66
    • JPA age
      5 years

Jpopall the way if I listen to Kpop I would just listen to American Pop and Thats not happening

Escape the Flames
  • Posted by IamWhoIam   3 years ago · 17 Sep '11, 08:44am  
    IamWhoIam
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 224
    • Shares 17
    • Posts 166
    • JPA age
      3 years

i agree with all of you guys...i mean kpop has very similar songs even thoung the singers/bands are different
    while jpop band has 'diversity' in genres, the lyrics are amazing and sometimes really cheer me up :D they sing AND play the instruments which amaze me a lot
    the only thing that kpop has i think is only appearance
    i have to admit that taecyeon (2PM) has a nice body, but i think he couldn't play instruments as good as mami (scandal)

surfing the internet
  • Posted by tohoshinki5   3 years ago · 03 Jan '12, 21:43pm  
    tohoshinki5
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 25,553
    • Shares 37
    • Posts 1,330
    • JPA age
      5 years

i can understand why japan would feel threatened by the hallyu wave but there's no need to protest against it. yes kpop has it's place in the japanese music market and yes a lot of ppl like kpop but jpop is still largely present.

and please, stuff about jpop/kpop having more meaningful or unique music or more passionate artists is nonsense. both have their fair share of garbage that dominates the charts. but then again liking music is always subjective. so claiming that one is better than the other, backed up by a number of reasons means nothing to other people with their own music tastes.

people like what they like. and kpop happens to be something that's appealing to a large japanese audience and there's nothing wrong with that. if japan truly feels threatened then start expanding the jpop industry to korea. i'll tell you right now that akb48 has no chance of succeeding in korea but other artists like kis-my-ft2 (imo japanese infinite) and matsushita yuya (imo japanese se7en) have a certain charm that will definitely appeal to the korean audience if they ever decide to expand to korea. they may not succeed right away but the hallyu wave didn't start overnight either.

☽ 〜 どんなに闇の深い夜でも       かならず明日は来るから 〜 ☀
  • Reply by lissofunny   3 years ago
    lissofunny

TOTALLY AGREE

• Reply by Sunakohate   2 years ago
    Sunakohate

i agree with u!! i have seen some pretty senseless j pop dominating the charts and it's the same with k pop and there are also really good music on both sides and some Japanese singers like yamapi are really appreciated in korea

This topic is locked

created by drewwerd   ·   216 posts   ·   topic locked

Meet new Asian friends! Join FREE!

Copyright © 2014 JpopAsia · Terms of service · Privacy policy · Community rules