You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com

Posts in Do you like kpop better than jpop? both? why?

created by Asuka09   ·   129 posts
  • Posted by Asuka09   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 00:01am  
    Asuka09
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 542
    • Posts 35
    • JPA age
      5 years

Technically this can both go into the Jpop forum and Kpop forum but I had to choose where to post it.

So I love both, and started off with jpop, but I have grown to like kpop a lot more, I think I find Korean to be the best language for music. It just flows to me. That and the beats that certain kpop bands have are more upbeat or easier to dance to.

Dont get me wrong I love both but when it comes to jamming out, kpop.

I like jpop better when it comes to more meaningfull ballads and slower love songs though. I think it is because I can understand the language better and that it makes it more personal. Like Ayaka's song Why. But there are just my thoughts and wanted to ask you all.

Fever in June, worse thing ever.
  • Reply by asianyesasian   11 months ago
    asianyesasian

I had origanlly loved jpop I was jpop crazed like jpop everything but now I came across kpop imreally liking it!!!I feel so bad that I don't wanna just not like jpop especially since I know Japanese but when I listen to Korean music it is woah im like ahhh I don't understand !! so I like jpop cuz I know what they are saying and I can sing alond and they are too cute but kpop is really sawying my heart and I don't even know anymore so imam just say I like both in their own way because they both got different stlyes. why compare two different things...there is nothing to compare! kpop j pop cpop apop you like what you like cuz they all unique!!!!! (^_^*)

• Posted by NingyoHime   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 00:27am  
    NingyoHime
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,295
    • Shares 15
    • Posts 547
    • JPA age
      5 years

i like both. but i think i like k-pop better. why? the guys are hotter ;) , the songs are more of my taste, they have ALOT of good beats, it flows better.

why i like japanese? its more poetic and in some songs it sounds better than in korean. :D

• Posted by Asuka09   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 00:47am  
    Asuka09
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 542
    • Posts 35
    • JPA age
      5 years

Quote by NingyoHime
    i like both. but i think i like k-pop better. why? the guys are hotter ;) , the songs are more of my taste, they have ALOT of good beats, it flows better.

why i like japanese? its more poetic and in some songs it sounds better than in korean. :D

Hahah I have to agree wit you there as well. Eps the Hot guys part. LOL

Fever in June, worse thing ever.
  • Posted by NingyoHime   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 01:28am  
    NingyoHime
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,295
    • Shares 15
    • Posts 547
    • JPA age
      5 years

lol yea, and i agree with you on the part when you said that you grew up liking j-pop more. lol thats exactly how i was. I use to watch alot of anime when i was younger(about 6. i think i stopped at about 11 1/2-ish). it all started with sailor moon!! when i got older, i just started listening to superjunior and later-on discovered tohoshinki :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: OH MY GAWD! IM SO GLAD I FOUND THEM. and my sole mate (max :D ) lol. then after that, i was reading comments on youtube and people started mentioning about these people called big bang. so i looked them up and fell in love with THEM!! haha!! thats how i got into k-pop. then found this website from searching lyrics to nuna neomu yepuh (replay) by shinee.[edit]Last edit by NingyoHime on Friday 22 Jan, 2010 at 20:29 +1%[/edit][edit]Last edit by NingyoHime on Friday 22 Jan, 2010 at 20:29 +2%[/edit]

• Posted by tohoshinki5   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 01:56am  
    tohoshinki5
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 25,588
    • Shares 37
    • Posts 1,330
    • JPA age
      5 years

I got started on jpop too but right now, I'm really into kpop
    I think I've said this somewhere before but japanese music isn't really changing... JE boys have been doing their thing in those same outfits for 50 years now and they're still topping the charts
    people's tastes aren't changing so the music isn't either... or could it be the other way around?
    but kpop is always changing. just looking at 2009, there was the domination of girl groups and a lot more groups from companies outside of SM, JYP and YG.
    eh hem.... and no offence, kpop artists are actually trained.... I don't know what they teach them about singing in JE....
    don't hate me, I'm a JE fan too but JE is more like an extra-curricular thing for the idols while for kpop artists, it's their full time job. you can see the difference in the quality of music they produce.

but I still love my jpop!! Their idols may not compare to Korea's but Japan has amazing solo artists and bands!!

☽ 〜 どんなに闇の深い夜でも       かならず明日は来るから 〜 ☀
  • Posted by juntashin   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 05:51am  
    juntashin
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 3,334
    • Shares 4
    • Posts 1,328
    • JPA age
      8 years

hmmm i have to say jpop i feel in love with it when i discover being a fan to morning musume and other hello!project and akb48 now hehe haha yeah jpop more

i miss you guys already eri junjunlinlin... ai chan too
  • Posted by Weeeee   5 years ago · 23 Jan '10, 09:14am  
    Weeeee
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 151
    • Posts 1,277
    • JPA age
      5 years

Currently, I'm into Jpop :)

But to actually pick between Jpop and Kpop it is such a hard thing to do :RBcrying: No, wait ... I can pick between them :RBkiss: but at certain times only :RBstickout:

Would listen to Jpop when I felt the need to relax my mind :RBhalo: Jpop songs have nice and smooth beats in thier ballad songs :RBheart: Not to mention that Jpop songs have meaningful lyrics too :totallylove:

Meanhile for Kpop, they have very catchy and dancable beats :otsu: When a beat of a Kpop song pops up in my mind, my mind just screams 'dance you idiot!' :laugh: There is no mistake there, not to mention the korean guys :jangel: I think you get what I was trying to say right? :p

Speaking honestly, even if I'm into Jpop right now, Kpop is still Number 1 in my heart :lovec: Kpop songs are just incomparable to Jpop songs :RBohNo: and that is my opinion :laugh: Let's just hope that internet won't bail on me this time:surprised:[edit]Last edit by Weeeee on Saturday 23 Jan, 2010 at 07:19 +3.2%[/edit]

craving for an orange D;
  • Posted by wetundertherain   5 years ago · 25 Jan '10, 02:40am  
    wetundertherain
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 1,443
    • Posts 106
    • JPA age
      4 years

Kpop absolutely. Even though the trendy songs nowadays aren't very meaningful when it comes to lyrics (except some rare ballad songs), but I find that the melody and music in Kpop is more sophisticated than japanese ones. (Then again, since I don't listen to japanese music as much as Kpop, maybe I haven't listened to japanese ones atmy taste yet? Well so far, I didn't so I'll just continue on with my point) What I like about Korean songs is that they usually start off soft, and then go crescendo until the climax part which is a totally different. It's like part A+B+A'+B'+C +A. (For people who don't do music, part A is the first melody and A' is the first melody but modified only a little and same thing with B. C is the super climax and ya. That's it) Korean singers that I listen to also have a way that they treat their vibrato and held notes that I like, it's very smooth and beautiful. And when they do dance songs, they always have a cool dance that comes with it. Between Cpop, Jpop and Kpop, I say that Kpop definetly has the nicest dances. Kpop celebrities are also hotter I find. I mean, since Japan likes people who look mixed and half asian with very pronounced western undertones (though sometimes they look like westerners. Period)I don't really feel attracted to that, because we've got a lot of westerners here in Canada ^^. Not that I don't find westerners attractive, but I still prefer asian people. I also like how completely wild Kpop idols are on variety shows. They make me laugh so bad (or so good...?). I also like to listen/sing to the korean language better.

• Posted by lissofunny   5 years ago · 25 Jan '10, 05:43am  
    lissofunny
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 7,588
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 344
    • JPA age
      5 years

even though i started liking jpop first, i'll have to say kpop.
    idk, i guess jpop is just too lacking in substance if you know what i mean. don't get me wrong, there are good jpop songs just like there are bad kpop songs but in my opinion, kpop is an obvious winner.

the melody, the format of the song, the background music and jpop songs in general just don't really measure up to the standards of an amazing song. Everything just sounds too simple and with a lot of songs, you can tell that not a lot of effort was put into composing it.

also, it seems that japan's music really isn't going anywhere. the 'fashionable' hairstyles never change, the clothes fashion never changes, the popular song genres never change etc.

:D lol, have to agree that a lot of the korean guy groups are much better looking that the japanese guy groups.

이제서야 알게 됐어 내 앞에 이 길이 이토록 아름다운 이유를
  • Posted by NingyoHime   5 years ago · 25 Jan '10, 21:34pm  
    NingyoHime
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,295
    • Shares 15
    • Posts 547
    • JPA age
      5 years

lol. i just realized it but most of the japanese songs that i DO listen to...are sung by koreans. hahahahaha[edit]Last edit by NingyoHime on Saturday 06 Feb, 2010 at 21:11 +0.9%[/edit]

• Posted by katy1366   5 years ago · 28 Jan '10, 13:40pm  
    katy1366
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 8,946
    • Posts 1,570
    • JPA age
      5 years

since the question is posted in Kpop forum..most answers goes to preferance of K-pop..
    I found this question in General Music Forum as well..and thought it was the best place to ask either you're into Jpop or Kpop?

here it is : http://www.jpopasia.com/forums/viewMessages/k-pop-or-j-pop.html?tid=7239&p=1

anyways..I pasted my answer here as well

well for me it's J-pop
    first I was into K-pop and I enjoyed their style
    but when I tried J-pop..I understood that J-pop is so mature and more meaningful camaparing to K-pop.
    Now I can't enjoy K-pop that much,I believe K-pop still needs time to grow more mature.
    I loved the concept and meanings in J-music wholly..
    they give you a moment to think deep
    and they have various music generes..which shows how well-designed their music is..besides I can get better connection with Japanese Language..I think it is so soft and sweet and therefore is nearer to my mother-tongue accent!:-)

in brief...
    Jpop rockes!

I overally believe that Kpop is mostly for a moment of fun..which is really needed indead!:D

^^
  • Posted by feebz   5 years ago · 29 Jan '10, 01:10am  
    feebz
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 9,111
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 4,553
    • JPA age
      5 years

I too started out listening to Jpop and I really do like Jpop... but I dunno I'm slowly leaning towards Kpop.

My first Jpop group [might be able too guess...] sang beautiful songs that had lyrics with deep meaning. But then I realized that a lot of the songs I enjoyed listening to were for their dramas as in I was more into their acting careers than their music.

My first Kpop group on the other hand [possibly easy to guess too...] had albums and actually songs that were both beautiful and dancable (<- is tht how u spell it?). Plus they are more current, the music I enjoy listening too.

I still don't know how I truly feel but like my teacher said [wow im quoting a teacher] "It hurts to sit on the fence, so pick a side!" I think I'll fall onto the Kpop Garden, but I still like Jpop.

Ps. Japanese Guys and Korean Guys are Hott! ♥

Prom15s to 13elieve <3
  • Posted by senda008   5 years ago · 29 Jan '10, 13:09pm  
    senda008
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,841
    • Posts 194
    • JPA age
      5 years

i love k-pop more than j-pop because i love the koreans voice yeah japanese are good singers too but i like korean much :RBheart: :totallylove:

• Posted by ichigobanana   5 years ago · 29 Jan '10, 18:58pm  
    ichigobanana
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 3,174
    • Shares 3
    • Posts 27
    • JPA age
      5 years

Yesh oddly I found out that I like K-pop better than J-pop. And Idk I guess it's because the music resembles stuff that people produce over in the states. So naturally I'm just more attracted to it...but I still loves my boyband groups in Japan ^^[edit]Last edit by ichigobanana on Friday 29 Jan, 2010 at 13:59 +3.2%[/edit]

<333 kisses
  • Posted by Padel CREW   5 years ago · 24 Mar '10, 05:51am  
    Padel
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 104,810
    • Shares 125
    • Posts 968
    • JPA age
      7 years

In my personal opinion, music is just like fashion.. It come n gone with the cycle of life & whatever is more appealing to the masses will eventually will be more popular. The success of the Korean Wave, I guess influenced the favourities towards Kpop. Growing watching japanese anime n their awesome opening n ending songs caught me into listening Jpop & now Kpop are more appealing with their K-dramas n a lot more easier to the ear songs (especially mine dat is :joops: )

"U dun sing coz u're pretty. U sing coz da way u look when u sing is beautiful."
  • Reply by mizzladyenvy   3 years ago
    mizzladyenvy

I agree! :)

• Posted by febvil   5 years ago · 24 Mar '10, 06:47am  
    febvil
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 394
    • Posts 203
    • JPA age
      4 years

i love jpop coz their songs are really really meaningful...for me.. and i like to listen to live bands and acoustics...hearing the drums and guitars....and i can sing along with it, too..nihonggo / jap language is easier to learn and pronounce than korean. :RBblush:
    i love kpop too...nice background music.we can dance to the rhythm..LOL..and there are lots of groupies comparing to jpop...

all in all...
    i love both of them and if ever i had to choose only one i don't know what i'd do..
    probably go insane...hahahaha

hello hello :P
  • Posted by k321o   5 years ago · 26 Mar '10, 09:51am  
    k321o
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 107
    • Posts 84
    • JPA age
      5 years

i guess most people would say the same..
    they start with j-pop but then end up liking k-pop. lol ^^
    i love both, but my case is just the same. starting with j-pop but then end up loving k-pop.
    well, my reason is.. because catching up k-pop news and stuffs in internet are much easier than trying to follow j-pop. that's my opinion. :RBconfused:
    actually, i have to catch up everything from the internet, cause my country doesn't have any facilities besides internet to serve foreign stuffs. that's one of the reason i chose k-pop.
    lol..

i feel like sleeping all the time..
  • Posted by bubbletea624   5 years ago · 06 Apr '10, 03:35am  
    bubbletea624
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,491
    • Posts 30
    • JPA age
      4 years

I <3 both even though I'm a Jap myself~
    Asians in general have good music.
    -nods-
    ;)

I miss JPOP ASIA!!!

Post a reply

an account to post a reply. Already have an account? to post a reply in this topic.

created by Asuka09   ·   129 posts

Meet new Asian friends! Join FREE!

Copyright © 2014 JpopAsia · Terms of service · Privacy policy · Community rules