You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com
[Artist] Kiryu

Posts in [Artist] Kiryu

official topic   ·   created by lettucepocky   ·   1,078 posts   ·   topic locked
  • Posted by Lixx   3 years ago · 02 Mar '12, 03:21am  
    Lixx
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 69
    • Shares 70
    • Posts 666
    • JPA age
      3 years

I know, that was random in the conversation, lol. But I had to get it posted. I am stressing too much over what they will say :/

• Posted by kiHAKU   3 years ago · 02 Mar '12, 03:47am  
    kiHAKU
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 147,620
    • Shares 20
    • Posts 1,079
    • JPA age
      4 years

I might be up around then...hopefully. XD So it's 6PM Japan time, eh? ...Well I have an appointment at 7:15. So hopefully it's a quick message. o_ O

The Avengers...it's like my childhood all over again. In 2012.
  • Reply by kiHAKU   3 years ago
    kiHAKU

Oh my god...it'd be at like 4:00 in the morning. :gasp: FML! :( But whatever. I'll see if I can get up in time.

• Posted by gessix CREW   3 years ago · 02 Mar '12, 04:54am  
    gessix
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 502,556
    • Shares 9
    • Posts 2,264
    • JPA age
      2 years

Oh god, I almost forgot! I hope it isn't anything serious like the dreaded speculation about a disband or something... I would probably die if that happened :(

Kiryu <3
  • Posted by gessix CREW   3 years ago · 02 Mar '12, 21:32pm  
    gessix
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 502,556
    • Shares 9
    • Posts 2,264
    • JPA age
      2 years

NO DISBANDING! GOD! I am so happy TT^TT

Kiryu is just working on a new album and a japan tour!
    I can't wait until they are done with the album :3

Kiryu <3
  • Reply by gessix   3 years ago
    gessix

This is really god news for my head. I have had trouble with sleeping, and when I fist got to sleep, I would dream all sorts of bad things about them...

• Reply by Lixx   3 years ago
    Lixx

I know - I am happy too! Is there a translation going around yet for me to watch?I'd love to watch the announcement.

• Posted by jasusan   3 years ago · 03 Mar '12, 09:04am  
    jasusan
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 11,697
    • Posts 9
    • JPA age
      2 years

I'm glad you made a topic of them :) I found them a year ago I think and they are great! They should be more popular, I can only find their music in Japanese music stores, but still haven't bought anything :D

~
  • Posted by Lixx   3 years ago · 03 Mar '12, 18:31pm  
    Lixx
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 69
    • Shares 70
    • Posts 666
    • JPA age
      3 years

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424882_313389362054692_170433166350313_872999_1426749387_n.jpg

• Posted by Lixx   3 years ago · 03 Mar '12, 18:35pm  
    Lixx
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 69
    • Shares 70
    • Posts 666
    • JPA age
      3 years

Is that ^ the new look? I found it on my feed this AM. It's very .......... different. I can't say I dislike......I just don't recognize them - like it's almost not Kiryu.

• Posted by gessix CREW   3 years ago · 03 Mar '12, 19:06pm  
    gessix
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 502,556
    • Shares 9
    • Posts 2,264
    • JPA age
      2 years

Different indeed... Wow, what a way to end this part of the thread.

Wait a minute; Are they taking parts of the old looks back and throwing in a bunch of other things?

Kiryu <3
  • Posted by kiHAKU   3 years ago · 04 Mar '12, 02:11am  
    kiHAKU
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 147,620
    • Shares 20
    • Posts 1,079
    • JPA age
      4 years

Oh no. Oh no no no. I knew it. I know what's going on. Kiryu was received into a managing company.
    I guess it's a lot easier on Sakai, but...honestly. ...Not the best thing they can do. They're starting to look like everyone else. That's not good. Their succumbing to conformity. O_O

But yeah. I was going to tell you guys that it was the album not disbanding (because I thought it was too) only I never got around to it. :footinmouth:

The Avengers...it's like my childhood all over again. In 2012.
    Lixx

Is this something they had a choice over? If they had a choice, then I will support them. Though if they are going to look 'mainstream' like this then... :/

• Posted by gessix CREW   3 years ago · 04 Mar '12, 06:31am  
    gessix
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 502,556
    • Shares 9
    • Posts 2,264
    • JPA age
      2 years

I am kind of disappointed about this look. They just don't have the same feeling about them *Criticism time* I don't mind Sakai's nose-blindfold being back, but it is kind of reminding me of Reita from The GazettE, Junji kind of looks like an old version of kurosaki: http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/60/cfa3e332c84a4fab9208ab35397a1e64/l.jpg also, his top half looks like a woman in a corset and his bottom half looks like a skater, cute Hiyori somehow reminds me of Takemasa mixed together with an old(not ugly), frustrated beauty-queen, I don't know what to say about mahiro, but there is something about his look bothering me and Takemasa looks like... Well he reminds me of an post-apocalyptic raver-hobo... This picture looks kind of bland, and I miss their colors T^T*Criticism end* In the end, I do not care much about their looks. Yes, I feel as if something is missing, but I will not stop being a fan because of this. It is their music and their art that matters to me.

Kiryu <3
  • Reply by gessix   3 years ago
    gessix

Wow... I have never been so nagative in a post before... I apologise T^T

I just found out that I used two names for Mahiro ._.

Lixx

No, don't apologize. I am not liking this either. I don't even recognize Junji in that pic. The look is okay. But it's not okay for Kiryu. Kiryu is bright and warm and them. I don't know who they are trying to be. And I want to support them for trying a change. But wow. It's like I don't know who they are.

• Posted by gessix CREW   3 years ago · 04 Mar '12, 06:47am  
    gessix
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 502,556
    • Shares 9
    • Posts 2,264
    • JPA age
      2 years

I found a preview of their new PV. The audio is bad, but I think it sounds like they are going a bit more heavier than before:

PV preview

I don't mind that...

Also: I am done with the basics in the manga about Kiryu! I will show you as soon as I can find a scanner

Kiryu <3
    Lixx

Okay, finally watched this. Hard to tell if I will like it as the sound quality as you said, is lacking. Can barely hear the vocals. The images are certainly strong. Will have to wait and see.

• Posted by Lixx   3 years ago · 04 Mar '12, 20:14pm  
    Lixx
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 69
    • Shares 70
    • Posts 666
    • JPA age
      3 years

I got this in an email today:

"本日より、己龍ツイッターを始動! https://twitter.com/ @kiryu_officialで検索して下さい。"

I can't get the link to work for me or find it in searching for it on Twitter. Curious as to what they have posted. Work for anyone else?

• Posted by gessix CREW   3 years ago · 04 Mar '12, 22:53pm  
    gessix
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 502,556
    • Shares 9
    • Posts 2,264
    • JPA age
      2 years

But away from the new Kiryu-topic: I found something from Sakai's and Takemasa's old band... God, the vocals... not my taste... And the video? Weird...

The title is wrong, this is not a PV, it is just a fun-video they made while making a PV for the song Joukyou...

Kiryu <3

This topic is locked

official topic   ·   created by lettucepocky   ·   1,078 posts   ·   topic locked

About Kiryu

Band nameKiryu
Band typevisual kei band (5 members)
Debut17 September, 2007 (active)
LabelOFFICE Kiryu, B.P. Records
Official websitehttp://www.kiryu-web.net/
Official Twitterkiryu_official
Official profile
Bookmark account or
  • Rank
  • In news
  • Houses sold