You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com
[Artist] Jinkaku Radio

Posts in [Artist] Jinkaku Radio

official topic   ·   created by Chiyouko   ·   5 posts
Jinkaku Radio

Official Jinkaku Radio topic

Members:
Vocals, Guitar: Yuuki (悠希)
Bass: Naoki (那オキ) (now in THE BEETHOVEN)

Former members:
Guitar: rai (雷) (now in SwallowtaiL)
Drums: mai (舞)
Guitar: 麻耶

Biography

The first plans for Jinkaku Radio were created in late 2000 and a few months later the band officially started in January 2001. In the beginning they started with the following line-up: vocalist, guitarist and composer Yuuki, guitarist Maya, and bassist and producer Na...

Read more (601 words more)

Members:
Vocals, Guitar: Yuuki (悠希)
Bass: Naoki (那オキ) (now in THE BEETHOVEN)

Former members:
Guitar: rai (雷) (now in SwallowtaiL) [left on December 21st, 2006]
Drums: mai (舞)
Guitar: 麻耶

Biography

The first plans for Jinkaku Radio were created in late 2000 and a few months later the band officially started in January 2001. In the beginning they started with the following line-up: vocalist, guitarist and composer Yuuki, guitarist Maya, and bassist and producer Naoki. They started off with an appearance much different from what it is now: visual kei-esque outfits with quite some make-up, as opposed to the black suits that they are wearing now.

In May of the same year, they released their first demo-tape titled Nejimakidori, which was only available at lives. They performed various times and on December 14th they had their first one-man. A few weeks later, Maya decided to leave the band; however, he did stay for a long time after as a supporting member of the band.

Their next release was their first videotape, Moody Radio Theater, in April 2002. Being limited to only 100 copies, it is a collector's item amongst current Jinkaku Radio's fans; once in a while a copy will get sold for over 30,000 yen at auction sites.

Shortly after, Mai, the former drummer of LUV'ra-doll joined the band as a 'half radio' member, the term that the band uses for its support members. Also their first maxi-single Kairo was released during this period. Selling out rather quickly, a second press was released a few months later. A funny note about this single: the dogs on the cover are actually Yuuki and Naoki's dogs.

In April 2003, they finally released their first album, called Shouko. The album sold out within a day and a second press was released. Maya did not to participate in the recording of this album, instead the guitarist Rai (former Falcioune) recorded it with them. About two months later, he officially joined as the new support guitarist and Maya left for good to pursue his music career with other bands - currently he is a member of the band Babylon.

In December of the same year, they released their second single Yuuhodou. It managed to reach the 10th spot on the indies Oricon charts.

In 2004, support drummer Mai left the band, and they paused their activities for a short while. In June, they found a new support drummer named Shin, who had previously worked with Naoki in the project Lemon-Glass, and so they continued with their activities.

More releases followed then, though only in the form of singles and unfortunately no new album. From being totally self-produced and doing most of the distribution by their own office, they joined Danger Crue (a sub-label of Sony Japan) who took care of the distribution of their CDs from then on.

A special, live-only single was released in November 2006: Bandgal Shoukogun, a parody song about fangirls. During live performances of this song, the band members dress up with gothic lolita headpieces, and a whole choreography has been developed for the song, complete with several dancers on the stage. This act can be seen at the live DVD Bandgal Radio Theater that was released in July 2007, which is their only DVD so far.

In between, another change in the support members was made as Rai left the band in December 2006, and was replaced by Jon. Their next release was the single Oborozuki in December 2007. Despite being only sold at Tower Records in the first few months, it ranked 5th on the Oricon indie charts. During this time, the band performed frequently, gaining more recognition and fans as time progressed. Overseas their small but loyal fanbase was slowly growing as well.

In July 2008, Yuuki and Naoki announced to be taking a break from live activities, in order to focus on working on their long awaited second album.
On September 2nd, 2012 they announced the release of their 3rd album on October 26th but also that they will go on hiatus in order to focus on solo activities. close

• Posted by Chiyouko   6 years ago · 01 May '08, 17:55pm  
    Chiyouko
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 980
    • Posts 47
    • JPA age
      6 years

Jinkaku Radio is really a awesome band. :RBheart:
    but he isn't in the list of artists andshut! :RBcrying:
    Okay.. they're not well known, but certainly good! :RBhalo:

*jumps around*

Do you know Jinkaku Radio? If so, do you like them? :)

Soso, eh.. sayonara~ :RBkiss:

dead
  • Posted by Moroboshi   6 years ago · 02 May '08, 06:17am  
    Moroboshi
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 3,350
    • Posts 0
    • JPA age
      6 years

Yes I know them! (Becuase of you :RBstickout: )

Their are really awesome yes! And Yuuki's voice ="| Like god. :RBheart:

• Posted by puppelichun   5 years ago · 18 Jun '09, 18:39pm  
    puppelichun
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 1,931
    • Shares 6
    • Posts 1,352
    • JPA age
      5 years

I'm posting here only because this is the last topic on the list. Bwahahahaa. Yeah -__-

Okay, Purami made me to listen Jinkaku Radio because of Yuuki's voice. I were like "Aoi's voice omfg~~~~~~ :RBheart: :RBheart: :RBheart: Meefisshu no uta :RBheart: :RBheart: " in my blog. And Purami read it and said "you should try Jinkaku Radio" [size=9](that's where our friendship started)[/size] (omg my screen went gloomy O.o what did I press! :RBohNo: )Then I listened Shouko and yeah. Jinkaku Radio doesn't belong to the list of bands I'm listening, but I listen it a little bit sometimes. My fav song is Nejimakidori. I love it. It's kinda really powerful song. And Naoki is pretty~~

And Jinkaku Radio is now in the artist list. I added them bwahahahaa. And I added one or two vids also. Someone write the profile if noone hasn't done it yet~~~

boring life
  • Posted by JapaneseDAVINA   4 years ago · 26 Jul '10, 07:00am  
    JapaneseDAVINA
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 81
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 1,134
    • JPA age
      4 years

I love Jinkaku radio! Yuuhodou is REALLY fun to sing along to. Naoki is really pretty, I think. He reminds me of Mana-sama. Yuuki is funny. ^_^

learning about U-Kiss!
  • Posted by CrystalTsuki   3 years ago · 25 Oct '11, 11:30am  
    CrystalTsuki
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 2,079
    • Shares 8
    • Posts 676
    • JPA age
      4 years

Yuuki's voice is so amazing <3 I love their songs Taiyou and Kirifuda! You can watch episodes of their reality tv show here

Post a reply

an account to post a reply. Already have an account? to post a reply in this topic.

official topic   ·   created by Chiyouko   ·   5 posts

About Jinkaku Radio

Band nameJinkaku Radio
Band typevisual kei band (2 members)
Debut2001 (hiatus)
Official websitehttp://www.jinkakuradio....
Official profile
Bookmark account or
  • Rank
  • In news
  • Houses sold
  • Forum posts
  • Lyrics
  • Albums
  • Singles
  • Events
  • Videos

Meet new Asian friends! Join FREE!