You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com
[Artist] G.E.M.

Posts in [Artist] G.E.M.

official topic   ·   created by olboyfloats   ·   9 posts
G.E.M.

Official G.E.M. topic

Born in Shanghai, G.E.M. moved to Hong Kong at the age of 4. Ever since G.E.M. was young, she had a passion for music. At the age of 5, she started writing lyrics. When she was 10, she started entering numerous amounts of singing competitions. She was awarded 5 major awards within her debutante year (2008).

G.E.M. finished level 8 piano when she was 13.

In 2006, G.E.M. participated in a competition called "Spice it Up" and got first place. Her manager, Tan Chang found her talent ...

Read more (17 words more)

Born in Shanghai, G.E.M. moved to Hong Kong at the age of 4. Ever since G.E.M. was young, she had a passion for music. At the age of 5, she started writing lyrics. When she was 10, she started entering numerous amounts of singing competitions. She was awarded 5 major awards within her debutante year (2008).

In 2006, G.E.M. participated in a competition called "Spice it Up" and got first place. Her manager, Tan Chang found her talent during the competition and signed a contract with her. She became a singer at the age of 14. close

• Posted by olboyfloats   3 years ago · 04 Jun '11, 06:15am  
    olboyfloats
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 4,118
    • Shares 6
    • Posts 101
    • JPA age
      3 years

Didn't see a G.E.M. thread so thought I'd start one. I really like her.
    http://i1.jpopasia.com/celebrities/1/23954-gem-1krj.jpg

In 2006, G.E.M. participated in a competition called "Spice it Up" and got first place. Her manager, Tan Chang found her talent during the competition and signed a contract with her. She became a singer at the age of 14.

Rocking and rolling
  • Posted by olboyfloats   3 years ago · 04 Jun '11, 06:17am  
    olboyfloats
    • I'm a boy
    • Jpops 4,118
    • Shares 6
    • Posts 101
    • JPA age
      3 years

This is the video that made me fall in love with her. She's super cool and talented. I hope she is very successful.

Rocking and rolling
  • Posted by sapphiresky   3 years ago · 02 Aug '11, 22:41pm  
    sapphiresky
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 241
    • Shares 7
    • Posts 54
    • JPA age
      3 years

wow.. seems like there's very little c-pop fans around here.. lol anyway, i'm a huge fan of G.E.M.! She's like one of the very few HK singers I'm following in the last few years.. and actually give a damn about lol. Though I have to say her songs are hard to sing.. especially if you don't have a wide vocal range like she does >_< i feel bad every time I butcher her song in the karaoke lounge :/

v that's Nissy x Naoya for ya :D
  • Posted by LennethValkyrie   3 years ago · 15 Jan '12, 14:00pm  
    LennethValkyrie
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 928
    • Shares 71
    • Posts 176
    • JPA age
      2 years

Where did you go? I borrowed her cd off a friend one day. She just happened to have it on her and offered it to me. On first Listen I was blown away by how talented she was and I loved the raw feel of her voice and how she combined elements of rnb into her chinese songs. She has a pretty youtube page too with personal stuff on it.

bopping to Scandal!
  • Posted by ponponcake   2 years ago · 20 Jun '12, 01:29am  
    ponponcake
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 98
    • Posts 35
    • JPA age
      2 years

She is definitely my favorite HK singer (and one of the few I actually listen to ahaha)... My favorite songs form her are A.I.N.Y., 等一個他, Get Over You, Where did you go, 我的秘密, 寂寞星球的小玫瑰, All About You, and 回憶的沙漏. <3 <3 Her voice seriously gives me the chills when she does those crazy high notes...just amazing <3 Anyone seen this video before? its one of my favorite performances/duets by her ^^ Lady Marmalade!

• Posted by hamiam   2 years ago · 28 Jun '12, 07:35am  
    hamiam
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 2,113
    • Shares 15
    • Posts 260
    • JPA age
      2 years

why is it so dead out here in the cpop recesses of JPA? :(
    anyways...G.E.M <33333 shes defs my favourite cantopop singer too... i love it when she belts out those high notes. Anyone go to a concert on her Get Everybody Moving Tour? she was awesome. man she even played an acoustic ver. of A.I.N.Y on the piano:P

park that car, dancing in the headlights
  • Posted by lovevisualkei   1 year ago · 13 Jul '13, 04:20am  
    lovevisualkei
    • I'm a guy
    • Jpops 1,319
    • Shares 1,576
    • Posts 8,423
    • JPA age
      1 year

shes from shanghai, and is based out of hong kong! :D

The black sun never sets...
  • Posted by hamiam   7 months ago · 17 Jan '14, 22:51pm  
    hamiam
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 2,113
    • Shares 15
    • Posts 260
    • JPA age
      2 years

omggggg shes on i am a singer :D:D:D this is so epic! shes awesomeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhh shes my girlcrush!!! *fangirls*

park that car, dancing in the headlights
  • Posted by JayMusicGirl   3 months ago · 30 May '14, 16:50pm  
    JayMusicGirl
    • I'm a lady
    • Jpops 164
    • Posts 32
    • JPA age
      3 months

Gem's really great, she's very talented and her songs are pretty good! Though she should have better material for her voice, not cookie-cutter stuff!

Haven't visted in a while... but hi!

Post a reply

an account to post a reply. Already have an account? to post a reply in this topic.

official topic   ·   created by olboyfloats   ·   9 posts

About G.E.M.

Real nameDèng Zǐ Qí (鄧紫棋)
Genderfemale
Birthday16 August, 1991
Debut15 October, 2008 (active)
Main occupationsinger (active)
Official websitehttp://www.hummingbird.h...
Official profile
Bookmark account or
  • Rank
  • In news
  • Houses sold
  • Forum posts
  • Lyrics
  • Albums
  • Singles
  • Events
  • Videos

Meet new Asian friends! Join FREE!