You have turned off JavaScript in your browser.
Enable JavaScript in your browsers preferences to make use of all the advanced features of JpopAsia.com
[Artist] Big Bang (Part 2)

Posts in [Artist] Big Bang (Part 2)

official topic   ·   created by kibum290   ·   240 posts
Big Bang

Official Big Bang topic

Big Bang (Korean: 빅뱅), commonly stylized as BIGBANG, is a South Korean pop boy band. The group's formation was chronicled on the television series Big Bang Documentary, from July to August 2006. The show was also aired online on GomTV and on MTV Korea. Initially a six-member group, one member got eliminated out during the airing of the show before the official debut leading to their current line-up of G-Dragon, Taeyang, T.O.P, Daesung and Seungri.
Signed to YG Entertainment, Big Bang w...

Read more (170 words more)

Big Bang (Korean: 빅뱅), commonly stylized as BIGBANG, is a South Korean pop boy band. The group's formation was chronicled on the television series Big Bang Documentary, from July to August 2006. The show was also aired online on GomTV and on MTV Korea. Initially a six-member group, one member got eliminated out during the airing of the show before the official debut leading to their current line-up of G-Dragon, Taeyang, T.O.P, Daesung and Seungri.
Signed to YG Entertainment, Big Bang went on to release successful singles and EPs. Their first release, the EP Always (2007), spawned the number-one single "Lies" (Korean: 거짓말; Revised Romanization: Geojitmal). Their follow-up EPs Hot Issue and Stand Up were similarly successful. After they received the "Artist of the Year" award from the M.net KM Music Festival and the Seoul Gayo Daesang Award, the group expanded their activities into Japan, releasing mini-albums and airplay singles. Their material would not receive major promotion until the following year with the release of their first physical Japanese single, "My Heaven".
By the end of 2009, Big Bang became the most searched artist in South Korea. They also became the first foreign group in Japan to receive the Japan Cable Broadcasting Award for "Best Newcomer", and the first from Korea to receive the Japan Records award. In recent years, the members have branched out to do solo activities: Taeyang and G-Dragon have released solo materials while T.O.P, Daesung and Seungri have started acting. close

• Posted by kibum290   4 years ago · 05 Jan '11, 17:38pm  
    kibum290
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 5,023
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 463
    • JPA age
      6 years

Ok so this is the 2nd part of the topic Big Bang because the other one got locked because it almost reached 1,000 posts...yay LOL anyways
    LET'S TALK ABOUT BIG BANG <3333

I have no idea what to say...
  • Posted by lvsanchez115   4 years ago · 05 Jan '11, 22:37pm  
    lvsanchez115
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 57
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 139
    • JPA age
      3 years

WOOOOOOOO!! Let the fangirling continue!! :D

http://www.asianpopcorn.com/Themes/Images_other/201022671433.jpg[edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Wednesday 05 Jan, 2011 at 21:16 +6.1%[/edit]

Obsessed with J-Pop, K-Pop & Dramas **PROUD S♡NE & VIP** Certified Goguma
  • Reply by YukiLee   2 years ago
    YukiLee

I would pay to be that ice cream *_*

• Posted by lvsanchez115   4 years ago · 05 Jan '11, 22:42pm  
    lvsanchez115
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 57
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 139
    • JPA age
      3 years

WHOA did NOT mean for the pic to be that huge!! Oh well I'm sure the girls don't mind too much hehe

• Posted by bluesweater CREW   4 years ago · 06 Jan '11, 04:43am  
    bluesweater
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 224,419
    • Shares 381
    • Posts 8,506
    • JPA age
      7 years

resize the pic:

[*IMG=500]pic link[*/IMG]
    remove the * before you post it.

[edit]Last edit by bluesweater on Wednesday 05 Jan, 2011 at 23:43 +7.4%[/edit]

아나요~
  • Posted by didikong   4 years ago · 07 Jan '11, 01:45am  
    didikong
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 110
    • Posts 14
    • JPA age
      3 years

^^

• Posted by lishen   4 years ago · 07 Jan '11, 01:57am  
    lishen
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 2,927
    • Shares 4
    • Posts 1,957
    • JPA age
      6 years

[TRANS] 110105 TVXQ-Big Bang-MBLAQ: Fierce Competition Among Male Groups In New Year

In the start of the new year of 2011, the competition between male idol groups is already heating up.

While MBLAQ, leading the new generation of male groups like INFINTE, Teen Top and more, is releasing their new album, the original top idol groups like TVXQ and Big Bang are releasing their new albums at the same time. This is also an indication that the music industry, which has been a “woman’s world” in recent years, will be blown away by the male groups.

On the 5th, TVXQ released their title track “Why (Keep Your Head Down)” from their special album and the Big Bang sub-unit GD&TOP released 3 title tracks – “High High”, “Oh Yeah” and “Knock Out” – attracting a lot of popularity. Some time in January, Big Bang’s maknae Seungri will be releasing his solo album.

Before the release of their first full length album, MBLAQ entered the exciting battle with the release of their title song “Cry” on the 3rd. Once “Cry” was released, they have been rising up the ranks of real-time search rankings on music sites like Mnet, Bugs and more, becoming a part of the battle for the top with competitors like TVXQ, Big Bang and IU.

In comparison with the same time frame last year, this is a drastic change as SNSD dominated the music industry with “Gee” and “Oh!” then.

source: [Naver + BaiduTVXQ]
    translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net
    shared by: tohosomnia.net
    Do not remove/add on any credits

jundooseob
  • Reply by ewa9445   3 years ago
    ewa9445

:)

• Posted by animelove702   4 years ago · 16 Jan '11, 07:07am  
    animelove702
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 503
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 3,081
    • JPA age
      4 years

wow i didn't think it already made it to part 2....
    but i can see why...it was mainly me that posted news of Big Bang of course hehe! :RBheart:

anyway...hmmm in big bang i changed my favorite members for the first time :RBcrying: its sad cuz i was in denial on who was my favorite...but now i really think its official on who my favorite members are...but i think it might still change when seungri makes his debut and when big bang make there debut as a group...
    it used to be:
    T.O.P
    G-dragon
    Taeyang
    Seungri
    Daesung

but right now...these are my favorite in order:

G-dragon :love:
    T.O.P :totallylove:
    Daesung :lovec:
    Seungri :RBheart:
    Taeyang :jangel:

again it might change...well im pretty sure it will...except for probably my top 2...but im not sure.
    hehe we will see ^^

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6898/bigbangtimes.jpg

One Of A Kind
  • Posted by FriedRiceGurl   4 years ago · 16 Jan '11, 12:22pm  
    FriedRiceGurl
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 5,805
    • Posts 2,070
    • JPA age
      3 years

Oh lord.. don't get me started about my passion for Big Bang.. It happened like last month.. but it feels like forever!! This is how it happened: Okay.. in like the beginning of December I was obsessed with Super Junior. So.. I was on You Tube searching for more Suju vids.. but I accidentally stumbled upon a G- Dragon video.. one of him singing "This Love". I thought it was pretty awesome and me being new to K-pop I didn't know that he was actually in a group called a Big Bang. I didn't know Big Bang existed! XD But as like maybe 2.. 3 days went on, I found out he wasn't just solo.. he had 4 other cutie pies singing along with him. Then I became obsessed. It's crazy!! <3 Big Bang is my one Love.. My mom even discovered this Big Bang shizz *rolls eyes* I can't believe she would be the least interested in K-pop/ J-pop! :o I was surprised.

These are the members in order form my fave to least fave::

G- Dragon :)
    T.O.P :D
    TaeYang :')
    DaeSung :o
    SeungRi ;)

This is my mom's list form fave to least fave: Lmao!! :)

TaeYang :')
    G- Dragon :)
    T.O.P :D
    SeungRi ;)
    DaeSung :o

Hahaha!! I know almsot EVERYTHING about Big Bang now, so if u have a question... please ask me!! :D

Love, Marissa!!! ;)

nan nappeun gizibe c;
  • Posted by animelove702   4 years ago · 16 Jan '11, 18:05pm  
    animelove702
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 503
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 3,081
    • JPA age
      4 years

G-Dragon and Daesung transfer to Gukje Digital University + Daesung with Se7en @ a New Year's Party [NEWS/PHOTOS]
    No confirmation or announcement from YG yet but it seems like G-Dragon and Daesung have transferred to Gukje Digital University. According to a KVIP, they're now under the Leisure Sports Department at Gukje. Their senior, Se7en, also graduated from the same department. GD and Daesung used to be Post-modern Music majors at Kyunghee University.

Here are some photos of Daesung with Se7en at a New Year's get-together held at Viking Buffet restaurant last January 7 with some people from Gukje:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TTLpsLfrs8I/AAAAAAAACbM/HyB8F5L73vk/s640/2011-01-07_20.50.04_dkdiehf1.jpg

Source: BigBangUpdates.com

One Of A Kind
  • Posted by animelove702   4 years ago · 16 Jan '11, 18:07pm  
    animelove702
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 503
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 3,081
    • JPA age
      4 years

Korean boy bands to generate heat in 2011 with new strategy [NEWS]

Expect a fierce rivalry on the Korean music scene this year, as top boy bands are ready to make a comeback.

Until now, the Korean music channels were mostly dominated by popular girl groups or singers like the Girls Generation, but this year the boys are expected to take the lead.

Even before the release of their albums, the long-waited returns of TVXQ and Big Bang have generated heat among K-Pop fans.

In 2011 boy bands, which usually consists of three to six members, will start performing in pairs.

In Japan, this marketing strategy known as "unit" is already being used to show each member's talents and individual qualities by performing in smaller numbers than the original group.

During the end of last year, G-Dragon and T.O.P of Big Bang released the album "GD & TOP," while U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin of TVXQ released "Keep Your Head Down."

Now that the two major music industries in Korea, SM Entertainment for TVXQ and YG Entertainment for Big Bang have released duet albums, there is a growing interest in the changing music scenes for boy bands in Korea.

Internet sites and YouTube have already recorded a high number of viewers, as music fans are ecstatic over the duet performances.

The special edition of TVXQ, "Keep Your Head Down" was released on Jan 5, and within a day the duo had racked up an impressive sales amount of 15,000 copies. U-Know and Max will perform in Japan on the 26th to promote their new album.

For Big Bang and TVXQ it has already been over two years since their last album was released.

Their new music shows a major transition from their previous albums. The new album "GD&TOP," is more of a mixture between electronica and hip-hop, with thumping house beats.

On Dec. 23, the boys of the group BEAST divided into three units of two members for duets for the popular Korean music program, Mnet Countdown.

The hip-hop duet "Thanks To" was performed by Yo-seop and Jun-hyung, the R&B "Let It Snow" by Hyun-seung and Gi-Kwang and the ballad "When the Door Closes" by Du-jun and Dong-woon.

"When six members perform together, what each individual performer can show is limited," their agency said.

The agency further commented that the benefit of performing in duos is that the members can emphasize on their individuality and further reveal their talents such as their singing voice.

Source: Korea Herald via Yahoo Singapore
    Thanks zannymanny for the tip!

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/01/korean-boy-bands-to-generate-heat-in.html#ixzz1BDsgjUuL

One Of A Kind
  • Posted by animelove702   4 years ago · 16 Jan '11, 19:56pm  
    animelove702
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 503
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 3,081
    • JPA age
      4 years

Big Bang Times Magazine Volume 01 Q&A [NEWS]
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2425/bigbangviptimes.jpg
    Q1: What did you do on your recent days off?
    G-Dragon: Fuji Q
    SOL: Study
    T.O.P: I don't have days off
    D-Lite: I was sleeping the whole time
    V.I: I went to Fuji Q! It was great!

Q2: What did you buy recently?
    G-Dragon: Car
    SOL: Present
    T.O.P: Louboutin men's shoes
    D-Lite: Sea Tangle
    V.I: I bought pants from Dior. I think it's good for the summer

Q3: What do you always listen to lately?
    G-Dragon: OMG
    SOL: MJ's PYT (Pretty Young Thing)
    T.O.P: Nine Inch Nails' La Mer
    D-Lite: Tell Me Goodbye
    V.I: Snoop Dogg's Special

Q4: What's your (most recent) favorite food?
    G-Dragon: Ocha-zuke (Boiled rice with tea on it. It's a simple Japanese dish)
    SOL: Egg, banana
    T.O.P: Mozuku! (An algae-like seaweed served in a vinegary sauce)
    D-Lite: Sea tangle and fermented soybeans
    V.I: I still like Gyudon^^ (Beef bowl)

Q5: What book have you read or a movie that watched recently?
    G-Dragon: MJ's history
    SOL: Iron Man 2. I think the first one was better than the 2nd one. I want to wear Iron Man's suit!
    T.O.P: (blank)
    D-Lite: Hachi. Really sad.
    V.I: Recently, can't do anything because I'm busy

Q6: Your message to VIP Japan
    G-Dragon: I love you!
    SOL: Thanks so much VIP Japan!
    T.O.P: Thank you always. I’ll do my best and I’ll always show you something new. For BIGBANG's new album and Into the Fire, please give a lot of support.
    D-Lite: Wow~!!!! Always thank you!! Let’s be together forever!!
    V.I: VIP JAPAN, everyone, we got 3 great prizes from MTV Japan^^ We owe all of our success to everyone. Thank you!

Translation by Noriko @ bigbangupdates
    Scans as tagged

Read more: http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2011/01/big-bang-times-volume-01-q-news.html#ixzz1BEKDFpFf

One Of A Kind
  • Posted by Arashiis1 CREW   4 years ago · 19 Jan '11, 06:51am  
    Arashiis1
    • I'm a lady
    • Jpops 11,002
    • Shares 235
    • Posts 4,338
    • JPA age
      3 years

Uwa I am in love with Big Bang~
    I especially love their song haru haru, it is so meaningful.
    They're the first K-pop band I liked and ares till my favorutie! Although they can't beet Arashi in my brain XD~

My favourite members probably go sort of like this:
    :RBheart: GD (gdragon) :RBhalo:
    :RBheart: Daesung
    :RBheart: SeungRi
    :RBheart: Taeyang
    :RBheart: TOP

GD, DS, SR and TY all have such beautiful voices that I just can't get enough of.
    And I have to say Daesung has the most powerful voice I've ever heard, when I watch them live he overpowers the rest, not that I'm complaining :)

Hmm unlike most I'm not a huge fan of top, in fact I'm not much of his fan. I still love him but I just love the other so much more :))

I am a huge Big bang fan and cannot wait for their new album coming up :D

Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not
  • Posted by lvsanchez115   4 years ago · 19 Jan '11, 20:37pm  
    lvsanchez115
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 57
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 139
    • JPA age
      3 years

I am more of a Tae Yang fan and am obsessed with his Solar album... but of course I got into Big Bang bc it all started with them! I first saw GD in the "I Need A Girl" MV for Tae Yang which is what sparked my curiosity! They all seem to be very talented and have unique qualities that I don't see in other boy groups. Here are my faves in order (so far...)

:RBheart: Tae Yang!!!! :RBheart: My heart!
    Seungri-- Sexiii and loving his solo singles
    G-Dragon-- Adorable and very talented producer
    Daesung-- Cutie and powerful voice
    TOP-- Good looking, Not a big fan of the rapping... but loving the deep voice

BB puts all other Korean boybands to shame!! That's for sure!!

• Reply by zyrakatVIP   4 years ago
    zyrakatVIP

very true <3 BB ^_^

• Posted by lishen   4 years ago · 31 Jan '11, 06:36am  
    lishen
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 2,927
    • Shares 4
    • Posts 1,957
    • JPA age
      6 years

110129 Big Bang will be turning into 'Secret Garden' characters for "2011 Big Show"

Popular idol group Big Bang will be transforming into 'Secret Garden' characters for their comeback concert!

On January 28th, an acquaintance of Big Bang revealed to Star News, "After a 2 year and 3 month hiatus, Big Bang will be opening their comeback concert the day after dropping their new album on February 24th. In this concert, Big Bang will also transform into characters from the popular drama, 'Secret Garden'."

According to this source, the Big Bang members decided to made a comedic parody of 'Secret Garden' to further entertain the fans attending their concert.

Big Bang, having debuted in 2006, held at least one large solo concert a year since 2007, inserting parodies of popular dramas and variety programs every time. So far, Big Bang has parodied 'Coffee Prince', 'Beethoven Virus', 'Boys Over Flowers' and '1 Night 2 Days'.

Big Bang's acquaintance also added, "The attention fans paid to Big Bang's parody videos was always hot and explosive. The individual characters that T.O.P, G-Dragon, Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri will be portraying still remains a secret."

Big Bang will be holding their brand concert, '2011 Big Show', starting February 25th to the 27th in Seoul’s Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium.

source : Star News via allkpop

jundooseob
  • Posted by Rainbowswirl   4 years ago · 31 Jan '11, 16:49pm  
    Rainbowswirl
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 28
    • Shares 1
    • Posts 1,500
    • JPA age
      4 years

I so hope one day that Big Bang comes to Texas.
    I WANT TO SEE AT LEAST ONE OF MY FAVE. K-POP GROUPS. T~T

Tsukiyama Shuu is my bae
  • Posted by animelove702   4 years ago · 03 Feb '11, 20:12pm  
    animelove702
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 503
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 3,081
    • JPA age
      4 years

lol so many Big Bang fans!! xD

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7526/bigbanguniqlo4.jpg
    The UT (Uniqlo T-Shirt) Project, launched as a concept store in Harajuku in 2007, now offers limited edition BIGBANG shirts for BIGBANG's upcoming Japan tour, Love & Pain. The shirts will be available in Uniqlo outlets in Japan starting February 5 and for 2 days (February 5-6), the UT Store in Harajuku will be decorated in celebration of the BIGBANG x Uniqlo collaboration.

Official Uniqlo website: http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/ut/bigbang/
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqm1snji2I/AAAAAAAADGs/Q9oq2qX0s_4/s1600/BIGBANGUNIQLO3.jpg

One Of A Kind
  • Posted by animelove702   4 years ago · 04 Feb '11, 02:06am  
    animelove702
    • I'm a girl
    • Jpops 503
    • Shares 2
    • Posts 3,081
    • JPA age
      4 years

GD&TOP on rumors, contract controversies, and scandals [NEWS]
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iQHdqzzjKI4/TUqiy4Ls_SI/AAAAAAAADGo/BDxNDt4_KvY/s1600/GDTOPBABYGOODNIGHT.jpg
    Although the members of Big Bang are achieving much success in a variety of different areas, the repercussions from their two-year hiatus are still being felt. During their absence, rumors began circulating about discord between the groupmates themselves and their label, YG Entertainment.

In an interview with Union News, G-Dragon and T.O.P took the time to clear up the rumors with their own honest thoughts.

The reporter first addressed the issue of rumored discord between the members, and the two looked as if they had expected the question. They said:
    “Each of us have different tastes, but regarding music, whether we’re on our own or working as all five together, we are of the same opinion.
    One time, our CEO, Yang Hyun Suk, told us that we didn’t look as close as other groups did. In front of the cameras, we don’t act any different from how we normally do, so from a third party perspective, we can understand how it could look like that. It’s just like how you don’t tell your family members you love them every single day – our dynamic is like that, and we don’t change. Because each of us have such individuality, we’re an ideal combination."

Unfortunately, those rumors of discord amongst the members later spread out to include their label as well. G-Dragon explained:
    “We can’t avoid having arguments with our agency, but we solve it through music. To us, satisfying our musical endeavors is the most important thing, and our agency completely supports our music productions. That being said, we don’t have any actual problems with our agency. We’re allowed to bring our own thoughts and opinions into the promotion style as well.”

One Of A Kind

Post a reply

an account to post a reply. Already have an account? to post a reply in this topic.

official topic   ·   created by kibum290   ·   240 posts

About Big Bang

Band nameBig Bang
Band typeboyband (5 members)
Debut19 August, 2006 (active)
LabelYG Entertainment
Official websitehttp://www.ygbigbang.com
Official TwitterYG_GlobalVIP
Official Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com...
Official profile
Bookmark account or
  • Rank
  • In news
  • Houses sold
  • Forum posts
  • Lyrics
  • Albums
  • Singles
  • Events
  • Videos

Meet new Asian friends! Join FREE!